Premium Format Darth Vader Rogue One Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know this is a great topic for discussion, but I cant help but to feel sad. this is truly the beginning of the end for me. when PF are hitting $700, thats a wrap.

anyone who pays for this is culpable. i consider you my sworn enemy. stop supporting these greedy pigs. if you want this hobby to have any staying power in your life, you must draw the line somewhere. SS is doing their very best to find the line, and obviously we are nowhere near it. prices go up astronomically each year.

It really is ridiculous how much they've gone up in such a short time.

In August 2015, I payed $379.99 for the Commander Cody PF, 4 1/2 months later I payed $439.99 for the Bespin Boba PF and 14 months later I paid $520 for the Darth Maul PF. Those are not small yearly increases.

Now they want 700! 700 bucks for a Darth Vader that isn't very good and does not have a light up saber.

It is embarrassing.

It really is ridiculous how much they've gone up in such a short time.

In August 2015, I payed $379.99 for the Commander Cody PF, 4 1/2 months later I payed $439.99 for the Bespin Boba PF and 14 months later I paid $520 for the Darth Maul PF. Those are not small yearly increases.

Now they want 700! 700 bucks for a Darth Vader that isn't very good and does not have a light up saber.

It is embarrassing.

And this one stands out even more when the previous Vader PF is still up for sale at $530. How did they think they'd be able to justify the price difference?

It almost looks like every third thread has people making understandable statements regarding the current pricing of Sideshow pieces on both forums.... though this has been going on for years, but it has its peaks.

I think I'll start perusing certain threads less except for maybe Prime 1 pieces. Other than the odd piece like a recent Beserk piece, most collectors for some reason are more accepting on the prices for most Prime 1 pieces.

But sometimes it seems that Sideshow and Iron Studios threads have non stop comments on pricing.

It’s simple. Don’t buy it.

It doesn’t bother me one bit to not buy any of there stuff. It’s actually pretty easy. Fortunately, they are no longer the only game in town.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s simple. Don’t buy it.

It doesn’t bother me one bit to not buy any of there stuff. It’s actually pretty easy. Fortunately, they are no longer the only game in town.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree.

But the competition charges more for the same or bigger scales :wink1:

"aftermarket"

i have purchased the last 6 star wars pfs (exclusive where applicable) for much less than msrp. jyn & bb8 will be next.

Nice pic....love that shot of the SS Vader.

Thanks man... Ordered!!!

Love this shot also...
bPurRQm.jpg

If they wish to charge these kind of crazy prices, they really need to work harder on the item's they are offering for said price (and increase the collectibility accordingly) I don't see much Vader here, I see even less Rogue One specific Vader which is a shame as that end scene in RO was awesome!

I only buy pieces that interest me within the OT Imperials focus. So far I passed on almost all the PF's (except 1st Vader PF - got it for crazy price, and Stormtrooper as it is my focus) because each and everyone had something weird going with it: opera Vader, football/fishing Vader, pooping Scout, leaning weirdly posed Snowtrooper, unfed bland Sandtrooper, short back leg Stormie. For the prices they are asking now I'm sure I'll pass on all others, especially when you get superb pieces from the competition like Iron Studios Vader or Hot Toys Vader.

I didn't think it would be possible for them to make a worse looking Vader than their opera singer one. Boy was I wrong. And at $695 on top of it :lol.

I don't see much Vader here, I see even less Rogue One specific Vader

Agreed and agreed.

I didn't think it would be possible for them to make a worse looking Vader than their opera singer one. Boy was I wrong. And at $695 on top of it :lol.

Agreed and agreed.

Absolutely agree God this is bad for the price. I would pay 300 half. You think they would accept my offer lol!

So do I looks great!

What looks great the price? The pose? Damn some will support ss no matter what they put out with the outrageous price that comes alone with it! I'm not ragging on anyone that like it but damn the line has to drawn at some point or else no one will afford these things anymore!

What looks great the price? The pose? Damn some will support ss no matter what they put out with the outrageous price that comes alone with it! I'm not ragging on anyone that like it but damn the line has to drawn at some point or else no one will afford these things anymore!

I agree, that shot looks ridiculous. He looks like he is about to throw a fishing line out there.

A couple shots SS has up does look decent, but that is not one of them. The simpler the better when it comes to Vader.

But honestly a pose like this doesn't fit with anyone.

Back