Darth Vader Mythos statue - part 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After much deliberation, I have finally decided to order this. This will be my first Star Wars Statue and hopefully my only one. I love the SW Films, but my collection is geared more Marvel And Dc.
I love the options for different poses on this figure. Having the unmasked and masked option is perfect for my taste, and I love emotional aspect of this statue. but my main concern and reason that held me off for so long was the Orange. I am hoping that once mine arrives that it won't be too much. A little orange is okay, but some of the photos I have seen of this just look like way too much orange. Apparently they differ widely from statue to statue. If it's too much I wil more than likely get a little repaint done in the future.
Still, very excited to add this to the collection to represent Star Wars. ( love the Obi Wan Mythos but I will never pay the price that they are going for now)
I decided to go ahead and order as I have a feeling after the new movie comes out, that the remaining figures SS have in stock will disappear fairly quickly.

Mine arrived in the UK 2 minutes ago according to the tracking info. Excited to see him in person now, hopefully tomorrow or Friday.

Mine arrived Friday (number three million and something) I finally got some time to snap a few pictures and form an opinion, I'll keep it short... Ultimately I like it a lot and I'm not sure why I waited so long to buy it, I think the massive ES number played a part in that, these things are no longer truly collectible really, but that is an argument for another day. I was also waiting on the new PF as I have Boba on order. but unfortunately that really isn't to my liking at all as much as I try to like it, so I decided to just bite the bullet and pick this one up as it was the best option imo, I'm glad I did.

It is very well detailed, a good size, I went in knowing full well about the orange paint and it is fine as far as I'm concerned. I really don't get all of the complaints about it? There are hundreds of pure black Vaders out there. This one is different to any other Vader statue and really suits the mythos label, the orange and black have an contrasting and aesthetically pleasing look to me anyway. The display options are good with a nice selection of options, I decided to go with the helmet on and fist clenched simply because I like the look. I have kept the Shaw head and mask in hand out of the box however so I can change things up a bit every now and then.

Cons, well there aren't too many major downers really really but a few worth mentioning just to be balanced. There is quite a bit of unintentional orange over spray, I.E blobs of orange paint where they shouldn't be, I'll have to cover these up. The clenched fist sits quite loosely in its socket and flops about a bit, not a problem currently but long term I may have to look into it. The biggest complaint for me (ES aside) Is that the heads are too far to the right. If you display it head on as you generally want to, all you see of the body is cape. It you want to see all of the body detail, you have to pose it with the head looking off to the right. It would have been nice to have some different head poses given that there are three different heads, I may try and alter one in future, but it isn't the end of the world, just a personal observation.

Over all then it's a real nice statue and I highly recommend it to all!

nAqRkrC.jpg

PPTk1sB.jpg

YM6j9Nw.jpg

EEGLioj.jpg

JbD2wCt.jpg

sLCqeg7.jpg

R0W9mTD.jpg

rOqogKT.jpg

rWZHoJS.jpg

eSXWlsS.jpg

1ipqruk.jpg

JOPOWvH.jpg

IzxZxU0.jpg

Great photos Python. I would love to pick this one up, but finances are pulling me elsewhere at the moment (what with helmets & other things on preorder). In your photos of this (I've never noticed before on other photos), is that the dome from ANH? Or closer to it? If it is, I like it more. But, I'd have to repaint it, if I got it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, you'll love it okko. Darth rusty, I'm not sure tbh, I'll have a better look tomorrow. It certainly isn't brush painted like the real ANH helmet though, it's very glossy.

Hi guys,

Somehow back in the game and too glad not to share:

This piece is fantastic. I'll post more pics soon.

The official site now show that the statue is finally sold out
I guess the price will rise sky high

Cool, I got one just in time. Although this line has history in this area, it could just be out of stock while another batch is made...

Cool, I got one just in time. Although this line has history in this area, it could just be out of stock while another batch is made...

I'm not sure about that. Vader already sold out once before and they commissioned a new batch. When that happened they just had a "temporarily out of stock" sign on the page. It might be sold out for good this time.

Yeah, but boba was sold out and then came back. It caused an uproar however so hopefully lessons were learned and this is sold out, im sure it is, I just thought it was worth mentioning before people pay silly prices on eBay.

I've been on the fence a long time about this statue and after being disappointed in SSC's 1/6 scale Vaders and upcoming PF, as well as with Hot Toys' 1/6 and 1/4 scale Vaders, I've finally decided to give it a try and have no regret at all.

The paint is what it is, the many pics on the internet are not deceiving (I wish the lava glow did not reach so high), but sculpt-wise it's by far the best stock Vader figure I've ever seen.

Here are a few pics (we've already seen it under every possible angle):

Hope you like them!

Thank you! Definitly a great statue. I wish more might offer as many display options as this Vader.

Back