Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was not enthusiastic about the MR Vader ROTS helmet. Now if there was an OT Vader helmet I might have passed on the SS bust...

That's what I'm wondering...... I'm thinking you can find the REG easily later on. But the EX might be a tough one.....

same thing I'm hoping for. I'm pretty certain I won't ever have a need to display the face anyway so no EX is fine with me. It's also the only reason I'm even contemplating this since only a couple hundred dollars more than the MR helmet and the helmet's all I really care about

same thing I'm hoping for. I'm pretty certain I won't ever have a need to display the face anyway so no EX is fine with me. It's also the only reason I'm even contemplating this since only a couple hundred dollars more than the MR helmet and the helmet's all I really care about

Well, were you interested in landing a signature edition MR helmet? I'm trying to sell mine for even below retail, and SEVERAL hundred less than the SS one :naughty

Well, were you interested in landing a signature edition MR helmet? I'm trying to sell mine for even below retail, and SEVERAL hundred less than the SS one :naughty

that's the thing. I really just want a Vader helmet and if it was $500-600, I'd jump on it asap, but since it's a sig version, that puts it over my budget:monkey2 And with the prices that goes for, I might as well put in the extra couple hundered (at razor's edge coll.) and get the bust.

that's the thing. I really just want a Vader helmet and if it was $500-600, I'd jump on it asap, but since it's a sig version, that puts it over my budget:monkey2 And with the prices that goes for, I might as well put in the extra couple hundered (at razor's edge coll.) and get the bust.

Yeah, the reg MR helmets go for pretty cheap.... I'd agree with you though :eek:

For a few hundred dollars more you could get the regular SS bust...

You could get the signature of both James Earl Jones and Dave Prowse TTM. No Hayden though, but personally I don't care about Hayden.

that's true, but I really never cared much for anyone's autograph, let alone pay for one, unless I personally get it myself:monkey3

Getting TTM autographs means you don't have to pay for it ;) As for the ROTS Vader helmet I hoped eFX would make an OT version, too bad they didn't. ROTS is nice but not as nice as an original Vader helmet no matter if from ANH, ESB or ROTJ.

I think anyone who does not secure this piece now will be kicking themselves in the arse a year from now. First you look at the price it's a pretty penny and no cheap collectible by no means. Then look at the exclusive edition size 300. Then think ok $250 non refundable deposit curbs all the folks who pre-order everything so that gets me thinking that between 70-90% are going into permanent collections not leaving many for the secondary market.This is all speculation. I went with flex pay on this one to make it an easier blow on the wallet.

and despite the economy being sheeeeet right now the exclusive is sold out with a non-refundable deposit required so not too many will be floating around.

HAppy Turkey Day!!!!!!!

I think anyone who does not secure this piece now will be kicking themselves in the arse a year from now. First you look at the price it's a pretty penny and no cheap collectible by no means. Then look at the exclusive edition size 300. Then think ok $250 non refundable deposit curbs all the folks who pre-order everything so that gets me thinking that between 70-90% are going into permanent collections not leaving many for the secondary market.This is all speculation. I went with flex pay on this one to make it an easier blow on the wallet.

and despite the economy being sheeeeet right now the exclusive is sold out with a non-refundable deposit required so not too many will be floating around.

I totally agree with the statement in bold. No one knows if this will hold its value down the road or not. The regular is still available, the exclusive stand is quite lame. If the regular will have a big edition (over 1000), then IMHO things won't be so good, not even for the exclusive version (for example Gentle Giant lowered their editions drastically). We all hope this bust will hold value over time, but you can't be 100% sure. There were many items that didn't hold their value, and some that did and even increased. Only time will tell...

It's too early to tell anything about value. I'm not of the persuasion that the bigger, pricier the collectible the more valuable it is. I started off as a toy collector, and the 12" ANH Vader is still my grail. I'm more into full figure sculptures than busts, especially a bust that can only be displayed in either of two ways.

I totally agree with the statement in bold. No one knows if this will hold its value down the road or not. The regular is still available, the exclusive stand is quite lame. If the regular will have a big edition (over 1000), then IMHO things won't be so good, not even for the exclusive version (for example Gentle Giant lowered their editions drastically). We all hope this bust will hold value over time, but you can't be 100% sure. There were many items that didn't hold their value, and some that did and even increased. Only time will tell...

Totally valid point..... When I first got my MR helmet, it was my GRAIL! I didn't care about the ES. I was under the assumption that it would increase in value, and boy was I wrong. But at the time I didn't really care since I absolutely loved it (and I still do) But once I saw the SS helmet, my jaw dropped and it was a MUST HAVE for me.

But being that I'm a student again, I really can't afford big price tag items such as these (unless I sell of some of my collection to make up for it)

Either way, I'm not too concerned with the ES of the reg. Even though I think the exclusive item of a helmet stand is pretty lame, I think it'll be VERY useful since I'll want to display this with the dome OFF. And I know that this will be tough to land later since the ES of 300 is pretty rare...... But it will all depend on the ES of the reg. SO ANNOUNCE THE ES ALREADY!!!!!! :D

Me too. I know for a fact that because of the great detail in the Prototype pics I'll have the mask off 99.9% of the time so the Ex isn't necessary to me.....even though it would be nice. :rolleyes:

Back