Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think $250 is a big deal for what is pretty much the definitive Star Wars collectible as far as I'm concerned.

I can understand where Sideshow is coming from, but I still don't think it's right to charge a large non-refundable deposit on something that won't be shipping for a year (and may or may not turn out like the prototype). That's essentially loaning Sideshow $250 for 1 year. I still think a cancellation fee would've been the way to go.

This and the helmet have me rethinking this piece, frankly. I just don't like being rushed into decisions like this.

A very do-able Flex-pay schedule, $200 for 4 months with a final $199 payment - props to Sidehsow for making this accessable. :rock

I really worry about the production paint job though.:eek:

Well I don't like the non-refundable part, the money is no prob but for something that u don't know exactly what it looks like, $250 can be thrown to wind, that's another PF IMO.

After some soul searching and checking the bank account I am in for one! God I hope the paint job does this piece justice!!! :google

Didn't see the flex pay option when I ordered... oh well, I'll just put the money aside and now worry about it.

My only nit with the $250 deposit, is that they are asking for it w/o much warning. Seems deposits are usually for much more expensive items and I didn't think this piece would require one. I can imagine con goers may be a bit low on cash as they'd have sunk so much into travel, tickets etc. that an unexpected $250 could be a real pain.

A very do-able Flex-pay schedule, $200 for 4 months with a final $199 payment - props to Sidehsow for making this accessable. :rock

I really worry about the production paint job though.:eek:

Is there only Flexpay on the regular? I'm not seeing one for the exclusive.

I was thinking the same thing as I will be going to Comic Con next year, man I better have a couple G's in my pocket besides travel expenses, air fare, food, hotel, etc...

Got my order in for the exclusive, probably the only thing I'm ordering all year now.

Like everyone else, I wasn't thrilled with the deposit charge. Spent 25 minutes looking at the darn screen thinking to myself, which has never happened to me before. Usually I order in a heartbeat.

I need this to be available for 3 more days and I would know for sure!

I would not expect a quick sell out... $250 is a lot to drop w/o warning. Got lucky in my case that the wife got paid today. I'm monthly and don't get paid till next friday :lol

Congrats to all who ordered this so far!!!

I'm probably not going to be able to buy ANYTHING since I'm the starving college student again :monkey2

But hopefully I can pick this up later..... Sad to say, nothing SW has really appreciated over time :eek: That's good news for me if I wanna pick this up later, but bad news if I ever need to sell some of my stuff...

Back