Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did we ever find out what the eyes were made of??

Acrylic? or Painted?

I was going to go through the entire board but to be honest im too lazy right now to do so.....sorry

I understand it's a long ass thread, read it all last night to catch up on things. I believe it's the more acrylic or glass eye of some sort.

Well, given Sideshow's track record of the final products not looking like the prototypes, I just can't justify putting down a non-refundable deposit on this piece. Guess I'll just wait to see how it turns out and if it's good hope I can find one from a retailer or on eBay.

Re: Darth Vader life-size Bust

Sideshow should also consider that those preordering are taking a leap of faith of sorts. The eyes on Grievous 1:1 bust did not look like the final piece. They looked acceptable but nowhere near as good.

if you ask a deposit, you better deliver the goods on the production piece
. A low ES for the exclusive would also make you feel a bit better about paying full price jsut to get a stand.

Oh yeah. People are gonna be way upset if they commit the 250 and flexpay cancellation fee and it comes out lookin like... illusive concepts.

Did we ever find out what the eyes were made of??

Acrylic? or Painted?

I was going to go through the entire board but to be honest im too lazy right now to do so.....sorry

I am thinking if they were glass or acrylic, they would have advertised it as such. It's a nice feature we've been begging for that would help them sell more.

I'm assuming it's painted. Which means more potential for bad production pieces.

Re: Darth Vader life-size Bust

Oh yeah. People are gonna be way upset if they commit the 250 and flexpay cancellation fee and it comes out lookin like... illusive concepts.

Uncle Fester like -jay- said: :lol:lol:lol

2ur8p00.jpg

vg381v.jpg

I'm pretty sure I want this, and am pretty close to biting the bullet and pre-ordering the EX. The Flex Pay seems very doable. I am a little concerned, like most, about what the finished product will end up looking like. But I was wondering...I've never returned anything to Sideshow for any reason, so I'm not real familiar with their policies. If I didn't like the finished product (I'll probably love it, I'm not real picky...unless the paint was a mess), couldn't I send it back and return it to Sideshow for a refund? Is there any penalty, minus the cost to ship it back to them of course.

So they are doing the $120 (10%) off. Wonder how much shipping will be from them... I imagine comparable to Sideshow.

If it weren't for the exclusive I'd order through them... but the exclusive pluse $60ish in rewards points makes it worth the plunge.

Nice thing is AE has reward points now as well.

So they are doing the $120 (10%) off. Wonder how much shipping will be from them... I imagine comparable to Sideshow.

If it weren't for the exclusive I'd order through them... but the exclusive pluse $60ish in rewards points makes it worth the plunge.

Nice thing is AE has reward points now as well.

The Alter Ego rewards point system gives you 2% back as opposed to 5% with Sideshow, so all together the stand ends up costing you about $130 if you go for the exclusive over the regular from AE. Kind of a lot in my opinion.

it looks gorgeous but i am hesitant to pay the $250 on the off chance that it looks different in production or i am not happy with the final piece.

this would be the definitive sw piece imo. i could sell all my 1/6th scale stuff.

it looks gorgeous but i am hesitant to pay the $250 on the off chance that it looks different in production or i am not happy with the final piece.

Excellent point! I was thinking of that as well. I only hope for improvement on this not lower quality... But not sure if other etailers won't ask deposit for the regulars (the one I'm getting) the same way SS asks now...

Excellent point! I was thinking of that as well. I only hope for improvement on this not lower quality... But not sure if other etailers won't ask deposit for the regulars (the one I'm getting) the same way SS asks now...

yah, i am not expecting ss to blow it by any stretch. they excel at the 1:1 busts (or at least there hasn't been one yet that i haven't liked).

skiman made the best point though...$250 is another pf.

Back