Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes i know, but you won't get a perfect one because all of the left eyes are looking to much left. It is intended to be so.
People who got their replacements have still that "error".

The eyes intended to look on the left, we can all see that, but they are no aligned properly. And this is still an error, no human serious without eye problems look like that - if you take a photo of a (normal) person that has the same pose as Vader bust, then you'll get the eyes to be aligned.

The fact that all busts look like that, is a serious problem with Sideshow's quality check service, not with the collectors who pay this big amount of money for a perfect bust, and they receive the Marty Feldman's bulging eyes bust LOL:

eyesmartyfeldman.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I think these sculpts need to start having a tiny dot where the eyes should go to help the factory workers get them on correctly. :lecture

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I think these sculpts need to start having a tiny dot where the eyes should go to help the factory workers get them on correctly. :lecture

Totally agree with this, QC should be better. I'm glad I'm displaying the Vader with helmet on, the Shaw eyes would bother the hell out of me.

The second head I received had a better overall paint job and the eyes were a bit better aligned. In person I wasn't really bothered by the eyes on either, but in photos it definitely looked worse especially if taking a straight-on picture.

Still... I think Sideshow should have been safe on this piece and just have him looking forward a bit through his lids instead of off to the side. But, either way no biggie as I'm happy with the final product.

Actually i am kind of psyched about an picture i saw from User Shadow from the Rebelscum-Board that clearly shows that actor Sebastian Shaw actually HAD that eyes!

So Sideshow did no mistake here they just went for accuracy.
First foto was found by Shadow and the second foto was found be me in Google of a young Shaw.

vadereye.png

sebastianshaw1.jpg

Time for a little excuse to Sideshow imo :wink1:

Last edited:
Very interesting how quiet the people now are who cried so loud in the beginning...

Indeed... but remember it was weekend ;)

sebastianshaw1.jpg

I think original Shaw in this shot looks on a side and Vader bust Shaw doesn't look exactly like that. It's is a big difference in angle of the head and angle of the eyes on the photo and bust.

zvbtip.jpg

So in your opinion this looks perfect:

anakinhead.jpg

:lol

Even, so it looks ridonkulous on the statue. I would rather have mine look "correct" then with a lazy eye.

Same here.

I wonder if Sideshow would be open to producing a whole bunch of better painted new heads with unlazy eyes? In essence, something that more resembles the advertized pic of the head. In any event, it seems that those who are getting replacements are getting something better.

I never checked mine that came with a paint rub which i'm still waiting for a new one but mine doesn't have a lazy eye thank god.

ssvaderlifesizebust04.jpg
29vf1c1.jpg

The pieces look quite different.
It can't be all lighting.

Is the piece on the left a promo pic?

Last edited:
Learn how to make pictures without flash! :dunno

fanareviewdv19.jpg

fanareviewdv16.jpg

fanareviewdv20.jpg

fanareviewdv21.jpg

fanareviewdv17.jpg