Darth Talon Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has this statue come to be worth a grand just because of the boobs?
If so then..............lol.

I can't speak for everyone or why the market is high but she's a work of art and reflects what I would picture if you crossed Star Wars, an evil witch, an assassin, and a hot suicide girl. She emotes so much appeal in her art work.

Darth_Talon_by_Harben_Pictures.jpg

Does the saber extend past the base like Asajj? That's one of the things I hated about her PF was that it made it difficult to pose because the saber was starting to bend.

Does the saber extend past the base like Asajj? That's one of the things I hated about her PF was that it made it difficult to pose because the saber was starting to bend.

No. I do wish the saber was a little brighter though otherwise this is a perfect statue.

Sometimes people compliment things because they don't want to let on how horrible they think something is. Always be wary of out of place compliments about half naked stroke-statues...

i've had many guests to my home who've seen talon, and many have complimented the piece. and a great number of them are women, ranging from college-going teens to moms. so it's not just red-blooded males who can appreciate it. T&A aside, the talon pf is a genuinely well-conceived and well-made work of art. just because you may personally think it's horrible and a so-called "stroke-statue", doesn't make it so for the rest of us who can truly value it.

I can't speak for everyone or why the market is high but she's a work of art and reflects what I would picture if you crossed Star Wars, an evil witch, an assassin, and a hot suicide girl. She emotes so much appeal in her art work.

But is has almost nothing to do with the Star Wars universe and if it wasn't because of the sex appeal then Sideshow wouldn't have made it.
The sculpt is also creepy. Looks like a little school girl.

:monkey4

But is has almost nothing to do with the Star Wars universe and if it wasn't because of the sex appeal then Sideshow wouldn't have made it.
The sculpt is also creepy. Looks like a little school girl.

The Star Wars universe extends past the movies. I have the trades that she appeared in. If the sculpture looks like a school girl to you then that's your interpretation. There are a lot of things creepy about the Star Wars universe if you want to interpret it that way. :rotfl

The Star Wars universe extends past the movies. I have the trades that she appeared in. If the sculpture looks like a school girl to you then that's your interpretation. There are a lot of things creepy about the Star Wars universe if you want to interpret it that way. :rotfl

I realise that their is a lot more to SW than just the films but why would SS choose to sculpt a PF of a character most have not even heard of?
Because red space boobs sell:lecture

I realise that their is a lot more to SW than just the films but why would SS choose to sculpt a PF of a character most have not even heard of?

Well, enough people have heard of her that this PF is selling for almost 4x original price. :lecture

Because red space boobs sell:lecture

red,green,orange,blue,purple.....etc...If you look at advertising they use "sex" to sell everything from tooth paste to cars to everything in- between. :)

I still cant beleive I let her go twice when ordering time was up, as much as I try to deny it, I still want this...

Sometimes people compliment things because they don't want to let on how horrible they think something is. Always be wary of out of place compliments about half naked stroke-statues...

Sometimes people just compliment things they like. Sure she's sexy, but she doesn't exactly portray an image of a helpless female.

But is has almost nothing to do with the Star Wars universe
Twi-lek, Sith, Darth Maul tattoo's, lightsaber, I know nothing about it says Star Wars.

and if it wasn't because of the sex appeal then Sideshow wouldn't have made it.

I fail to see your point.

The sculpt is also creepy.

Well, she is a Sith lord with a full red & black body tattoo.

Looks like a little school girl.

I know right? As soon as I look at this statue, I instantly think school girl!

Seriously, why the hell are you so bitter about this? Is it really just because you didn't get one? It's an amazing statue, she's an awesome EU character and one of the coolest Star Wars characters.

If you're a true Star Wars fan then you'll have read the Legacy series and you'll know who Talon is. Don't want to cause controversy, but there's more to Star Wars than the OT. True, there are some PF's missing from major characters but I don't see any problem with experimenting with lesser known characters. SS doesn't have as many people nitpicking these characters since they aren't as widely known.

If you're a true Star Wars fan then you'll have read the Legacy series and you'll know who Talon is. Don't want to cause controversy, but there's more to Star Wars than the OT. True, there are some PF's missing from major characters but I don't see any problem with experimenting with lesser known characters. SS doesn't have as many people nitpicking these characters since they aren't as widely known.

I agree and feel the same way. I like that they are looking into the EU.

I can see why it would make some people grumpy if an icon like Jedi Luke is still in stock while an EU pin-up girl is selling for more than triple in the aftermarket. But, Luke had a strange pose that put a lot of people off. I would bet that if the ROTJ Vader PF complements Luke well, Sideshow won't have to worry about finding space in the warehouse for the ones that haven't sold.

Seriously, why the hell are you so bitter about this? Is it really just because you didn't get one? It's an amazing statue, she's an awesome EU character and one of the coolest Star Wars characters.

I am merely making my point. Sex appeal sells and in this case has driven up the aftermarket price to almost 4X the original price. It's a character not many will have heard of and a pose that's more suggestive than the local hooker.
And yes I do see an underage girl in the sculpt.

I understand some may have bought the piece because they like the character but the main selling point of this statue is the sex appeal

Some of you guys are silly :lol It seems that just because you're not familiar with the character you automatically think she's only selling because she's sexy.

I'm sure that fact doesn't hurt her popularity, but the fact is that there are actually a lot of EU fans, and not very much product out there in the way of collectibles. It's no wonder to me that the first higher end collectible from Legacy is this hot. The Hasbro Legacy figures are hot too, and I'm sure it's not becuase they're sexy.

As a big fan of Legacy, and all the Sith characters in it - I had to have her in my collection. Bring on Krayt and Nihl next please!

Back