Darth Talon Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You believe 650 is a high ES???

I wonder what would happen if all EX ES were 150. What would people say then.

yes 650 is a way high ES for a character that only die hard fanboys even know about....and as far as i'm concerned a character that has very little to do with star wars

yes 650 is a way high ES for a character that only die hard fanboys even know about....and as far as i'm concerned a character that has very little to do with star wars

I'm starting to think there is a lot more shady business going on at SS then rasing ES.

yeah, like the awful QC. recent threads have been highlighting serious issues with paint peeling, cracks, etc.

is ss having some serious financial difficulties which has caused them to cut corners? i hope not, cos not only are they shooting themselves in the foot, in the end, we the customers are the ones who are going to suffer.

The edition size isn't about it being 600 instead of 400 crushing some dream of a rare collectible, are you guys retarded?

Its about the fact that those extra 200 will make it cheaper to buy from a differant online outlet then directly from Sideshow. So why the hell did I waste time ordering from them to begin with? Because I thought I wouldn't be able to get it else where so I sat there and waited during the ridiculous spooktacular crap where the website barely operates.

And the flaking issue is legit, not to mention Sideshow's about as good at coloring and staying in the lines as a little 4 year old kid, so I'm worried about the tatoos as well, which is more incentive to order from SS so I can return it for when its almost definately got something wrong with it. But then I'll have to pay more for it.

I had it ordered,but had to drop it due to money issues. I hope maby the cost wont be to bad on the ebays of the world.

poor baby, poor baby.

I have an order with a T from the PO, maybe 15 seconds after that item went up. I'm certainly getting one. I, unlike some people am ethical enough not to buy more than one. Sure, I COULD, but then I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Honor is more important than money. That bad will that you cause in the collecting community caused by flipping I think costs you far more as a person, to your reputation than the relatively small profit you make from flipping. You can't BUY your honor back. Every time someone scalps, they show the whole world that they are a sociopath and care more about money than consideration for others. I would rather have less money and have honor than make $100 million from scalping collectibles. Yes, I'm being deadly serious. To me, honor means that much. To a scalper like you, honor clearly means less. I have made a new point, thus I am done with the scalping issue in this thread.

Hell if upping the ES causes people in this for profit to cancel where REAL FANS can get one, count me in, mine flipped and Im in this for the joy of the hobby, not to make a buck off of someone else.

Lets up the ES on every Exclusive from here on out if thats what it takes :)

Hell if upping the ES causes people in this for profit to cancel where REAL FANS can get one, count me in, mine flipped and Im in this for the joy of the hobby, not to make a buck off of someone else.

Lets up the ES on every Exclusive from here on out if thats what it takes :)

I agree 100%. This should be for REAL FANS as you put it.
Why do people want to profit from buying something they don't want so that they can then turn around and sell it to someone who wants it who couldn't get it simply because they happened to be on a slower computer or Iphone at the time the presale went up. How about getting an education and getting a job and doing something positive for a living instead of scalping.

Thats how I feel in addition.
It pi**es me off to no end when you have to deal with a middleman who shoves himself in the middle. I love seeing a lot of live rock concerts, and the same thing happens, ticketmaster opens up for a concert online, and the bots and vultures clean everything out and raise it another 30%+

With that said Im not trying to offend anyone, but as big of a Star Wars fan as I have been all my life, it burned me when I originally couldnt get an EX and people who did were like "yeah she's some red chick with tits, but I have no idea who she is, see you on ebay".

So please, continue to cancel your pre-orders and make someone's day.

And the flaking issue is legit, not to mention Sideshow's about as good at coloring and staying in the lines as a little 4 year old kid, so I'm worried about the tatoos as well, which is more incentive to order from SS so I can return it for when its almost definately got something wrong with it. But then I'll have to pay more for it.

i'm also kinda worried about the paint app on the final production version. good thing the tattoos are sculpted, so the lines are clearly defined and as long as the paint operators can "stay inside the lines" it should be fine. i hope.

With that said Im not trying to offend anyone, but as big of a Star Wars fan as I have been all my life, it burned me when I originally couldnt get an EX and people who did were like "yeah she's some red chick with tits, but I have no idea who she is, see you on ebay".

So please, continue to cancel your pre-orders and make someone's day.

:lecture :lecture :lecture
let the real fans of the character have a chance to genuinely appreciate her. :D

Yup, I say up the ES on the EX so that the "real fans" can pay full retail price for it from Sideshow and then I can buy off for $100 less in a year or so when the "real fans" sell it for a loss. :lol See how idiotic that sounds?

For me, this has nothing to do with flipping; it is simply stupid to be excited to pay full retail price for something that will inevitably be available for less on the secondary market.

I have the EX on order, but I don't know whether or not I will keep it.

Id rather pay sideshow a little more and have the absolute guarantee that mine is brand new, never been opened or displayed and the peace of mind if it comes in flawed, I can exchange it with no hassle than waiting a year and maybe finding one and HOPING that I'm not being lied to about the condition and having no guarantee of swapping it in for a better one if I get it in bad shape from an ebayer or another SSF member.

As for me, I have no plans on selling mine, so it doesn't sound idiotic at all.

It's easy to preach the other side of this debate until something YOU really want gets nabbed by people who don't even know the property.

Yup, I say up the ES on the EX so that the "real fans" can pay full retail price for it from Sideshow and then I can buy off for $100 less in a year or so when the "real fans" sell it for a loss. :lol See how idiotic that sounds?

For me, this has nothing to do with flipping; it is simply stupid to be excited to pay full retail price for something that will inevitably be available for less on the secondary market.

I have the EX on order, but I don't know whether or not I will keep it.

the only thing idiotic is your presumption that real fans will definitely sell the piece off. how that makes any sense at all is beyond me. i'm a real fan of talon and i don't see myself selling the piece off if i'm happy with her.

sorry, don't mean to attack u but you're coming across as unnecessarily harsh. our point is simply that if folks are gonna cancel then that means the ones who really wanted the piece but previously couldn't now have a chance. and as corrose said, we're paying full retail, sure. but what we're buying is the certainty that the piece is brand new, and mint-in-box. and as we all know, that's one of the appeals of this hobby...

Again, a middleman forcing himself into the middle. On the secondary market, the buyer is forced to accept the quality of the piece he gets from you. Granted he could complain via ebay or the forums and -maybe- get a refund and send the item back, but there's no warm and fuzzy exchange policy on the secondary market.

I just wish parasites (in any hobby) could magically disappear, or in this case up the ES's and force them away. I'm not mad, in fact Im chuckling at all the QQing going on with the ES being raised.

I don't have an issue if someone sells something due to financial restraints, my problem is with the Sharks that are only here to make a dollar, they only ever intend on tacking on a fee to someone else's work.

Goes back to my earlier comment about concert tickets. I have wanted to see AC/DC live since I was about 10. The last 2 times they have come through my area I was online when I was supposed to be, my $80 in hand, and never got seats, but you can bet your ass they were on ebay for $900 each an hour later. Those opportunistic types make my skin itch.

Again, a middleman forcing himself into the middle. On the secondary market, the buyer is forced to accept the quality of the piece he gets from you. Granted he could complain via ebay or the forums and -maybe- get a refund and send the item back, but there's no warm and fuzzy exchange policy on the secondary market.

I just wish parasites (in any hobby) could magically disappear, or in this case up the ES's and force them away. I'm not mad, in fact Im chuckling at all the QQing going on with the ES being raised.

I don't have an issue if someone sells something due to financial restraints, my problem is with the Sharks that are only here to make a dollar, they only ever intend on tacking on a fee to someone else's work.

Goes back to my earlier comment about concert tickets. I have wanted to see AC/DC live since I was about 10. The last 2 times they have come through my area I was online when I was supposed to be, my $80 in hand, and never got seats, but you can bet your ass they were on ebay for $900 each an hour later. Those opportunistic types make my skin itch.

It is the American way n00b.

I have an order with a T from the PO, maybe 15 seconds after that item went up. I'm certainly getting one. I, unlike some people am ethical enough not to buy more than one. Sure, I COULD, but then I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Honor is more important than money. That bad will that you cause in the collecting community caused by flipping I think costs you far more as a person, to your reputation than the relatively small profit you make from flipping. You can't BUY your honor back. Every time someone scalps, they show the whole world that they are a sociopath and care more about money than consideration for others. I would rather have less money and have honor than make $100 million from scalping collectibles. Yes, I'm being deadly serious. To me, honor means that much. To a scalper like you, honor clearly means less. I have made a new point, thus I am done with the scalping issue in this thread.

darn...whatever will i do now that blackthornone himself has given me a lesson on morality?? :confused::confused::rolleyes:

honestly dude, the big difference between you and me is that i don't correlate honor to something as superficial and insignificant as collecting toys and statues.

The only honor that I am concerned about in MY life is with my family and loved ones and my career. all of which are just fine.

The big common misconception amongst the anti-flipper crowd like yourself is you seem to think that just because someone likes to sell things that they don't have a real job or are poor. let me assure you i do just fine in my career and annual income and I do this on the side for fun. Believe it or not, I like seeing these pieces in hand and if it doesnt fancy my taste i sell it and why not make a little bit of money while doing so?

Oh i know why, because I'd lose 'honor' by doing that. :rotfl:lol:rotfl

Back