Darth Talon Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres a guy on the UK ebay selling a Darth Talon for £500 missing a left hand.
Not sure I would splash that much on a damaged statue, even if it is Talon.

I think that's borderline greed (I'm being modest here btw.) I bet those were statues that were DOA, where SSC had sent the buyers replacements and asked to destroy the originals, but they most probably ignored that request. These are the rotten apples that spoil the barrel, and ruin for everyone!

The least they could do is sell them as individual parts. There are always collectors that need a specific part, i.e. the head, body, base, etc.

<Rant />

I think that's borderline greed (I'm being modest here btw.) I bet those were statues that were DOA, where SSC had sent the buyers replacements and asked to destroy the originals, but they most probably ignored that request. These are the rotten apples that spoil the barrel, and ruin for everyone!

The least they could do is sell them as individual parts. There are always collectors that need a specific part, i.e. the head, body, base, etc.

<Rant />

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Yes that's possible but it's been forever... It's just as likely that one got accidentally broken or something happened to it. When SS requests you to break stuff they also ask you to send pictures as well don't they? And removed arms will not be enough for them.

There is no possible scenario I would ever sale my Talon :rotfl

Never thought when i bought it that it would become so valuable.

Ooooohhh.... got some ladies. Have an Aurra Sing on the way, but she won't fit on the shelf.... Good problems to have.

Sideshow_zpsafeb4258.jpg

Nice, looks great! Although I suggest buying a wider/bigger shelf, I'm getting nervous for Secura! Just waiting to get hold of Talon to finish my star wars line up but its not looking likely.

Theres a guy on the UK ebay selling a Darth Talon for £500 missing a left hand.
Not sure I would splash that much on a damaged statue, even if it is Talon.

I think its a ridiculous price. To be honest mint condition ones have gone for £500 (There are some near that on Ebay now) that person is in the clouds if they think they can even get 300 for it.

Nice, looks great! Although I suggest buying a wider/bigger shelf, I'm getting nervous for Secura! Just waiting to get hold of Talon to finish my star wars line up but its not looking likely.

hah, I was going to say that as well. Would hate to accidentally walk into that shelf...

I have a similar setup but the trinity is safely in a cabinet.

Well the shelf is out of range from walking into, but the base on Aayla is a bit big.... Would be a pain to change my shelving as it all matches right now. Thanks for making me super paranoid. :gah: It really looks worse in the photo than it is... but seriously, I'm probably going to have a nightmare about her falling now.

Well the shelf is out of range from walking into, but the base on Aayla is a bit big.... Would be a pain to change my shelving as it all matches right now. Thanks for making me super paranoid. :gah: It really looks worse in the photo than it is... but seriously, I'm probably going to have a nightmare about her falling now.

Don't want you to be paranoid but the amount of money you must have spent on them you should get something a bit safer to display them or that they can comfortably sit on. Just my opinion.

Getting a bigger shelf or alternative display option like a cabinet/table/pedestal is far cheaper than replacing those statues if they break, not to mention the years of therapy you would need after that. Psychiatrists do not come cheap.

Ooooohhh.... got some ladies. Have an Aurra Sing on the way, but she won't fit on the shelf.... Good problems to have.

Like everyone else said. Although, I have a similar set up for 2 statues, but they're 6.5 feet above ground, and they're safely displayed.

Getting a bigger shelf or alternative display option like a cabinet/table/pedestal is far cheaper than replacing those statues if they break, not to mention the years of therapy you would need after that. Psychiatrists do not come cheap.

+1 :gah:

What I'm scared of, is someone or something prematurely triggering my fire sprinklers in the room where I display all my 1:4s. Now that would suck, and I'm sure many years of therapy will follow that!

Back