Darth Plagueis The Wise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarkArtist81 said:
Now.....taken out of context....this can be a bad thing..:lol

Yeah, my wookie gets lonely if I don't take it out from time to time. :lol

100 posts!
Dance baby, Dance!

:chew :fireworks :chew :fireworks :chew :fireworks :chew

Entropy Chicken said:
Yeah, my wookie gets lonely if I don't take it out from time to time. :lol

100 posts!
Dance baby, Dance!

:chew :fireworks :chew :fireworks :chew :fireworks :chew

Congratulations .......Soon you will be at 1000...

kingdarkness03 said:
Congratulations .......Soon you will be at 1000...

I'm gonna need a bunch more jibber-jabber and sexual innuendo to get to where you are my friend. :D

thanks KD

I'm so pissed off that I didn't get a chance to rebid on Mikey's Plagueis! Got out bid by 2 f*$&ing dollars!

Mikey let me know if you'd ever consider creating another one of these.

I'd like to slap Sargon000 till he's dead. :D

Plagueis is on moratorium. I've got a lot of other projects on my plate. But General Sherman would look great with Sith eyes........

Last edited:
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!

Now I get one for only $6.00...sorry Mickey gonna have to decline your offer!!

Well, Lucasfilm today announced that a Darth Plagueis novel is in the works. In the release, it mentions that his race is Muun. This means he's from Muunilist and is of the same race as Banking Clan leader San Hill:

movie_bg.jpg

Honestly, I did not see that coming. :monkey1

Lame. And that's not just protectiveness. The Muun are lame-ass aliens. And Palpatine is a xenophobe, hello!! How friggin random is that.

BTW, here's the release (Muun reference underlined by me):

https://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/news20060608.html

Luceno to Pen Plagueis Page-turner
June 08, 2006

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. -- Chancellor Palpatine (a.k.a Darth Sidious).

With that carefully calculated name-drop in Episode III, the silver-tongued Palpatine added another intriguing entry into the limited roster of known Dark Lords of the Sith. Since that fascinating tale first escaped his lips last year, Star Wars fans have been aching for any sort of information that would shed light on the immediate Sith history that produced Darth Sidious.

In 2008, readers will learn more. James Luceno, author of the bestselling Cloak of Deception and Darth Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, has been contracted by Del Rey Books to write a novel about Darth Sidious and his Muun mentor, Darth Plagueis. As is to be expected on all matters of the Sith, details remain obscured by the shadow of the dark side, but in time, more will be revealed.

Luceno's as yet untitled book is scheduled for hardcover release in 2008.

Well that's unexpected. :confused:
I was hoping for an EU book about this, hopefully its a good one.

Muun? :eek:

Customikey said:
Lame. And that's not just protectiveness. The Muun are lame-ass aliens. And Palpatine is a xenophobe, hello!! How friggin random is that.

I don't that Palpatine is a xenophobe - I believe its got more to do that aliens were often more resistant to the force. After all - he did have Maul as an apprentice, and did promote Thrawn to Grand Admiral.

Well, I do think that Luceno is probably the best EU writer. I loved "Cloak of Deception" & "Labyrinth of Evil" and "Dark Lord" was pretty good, too.

Then again, I hate about 95% of the EU so what do I know.

LordAzrael said:
I don't that Palpatine is a xenophobe - I believe its got more to do that aliens were often more resistant to the force. After all - he did have Maul as an apprentice, and did promote Thrawn to Grand Admiral.

Thrawn aside (because he's a non-Lucas EU character so he doesn't exist to me) you are right. In the prequels Anakin And Dooku are the only non-alien characters that are within Palpatine's inner circle. You already mentioned Maul, but also note that his closest advisors (Sly Moore, Mas Amedda, and that other weird looking dude that was in his Opera Box) are all aliens.

That said, the Muun are pretty dorky looking.

Yeah, that's a little wierd... I mean... yeah... the Muun's did not scream "Sith" in my mind. And Palpatine IS a xenophobe... with a few allowances here and there, but his whole rule was centered around it without actually making it a vocal focus. That is why the Seps council was entirely alien, afterall....

But still...I'll probably read it just to see if they can salvage this obvious mistake. I still like Mikey's treatment waaaaaay better. :monkey1

Back