Darth Maul Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looking through all the pics again. The EX is lame. Instead, they should have a swap out hand where he is holding the entire hilt only, no blades. And this PF needs to have the robe and hood included.

Maul standing still with his hood on, with that stare in his eyes, and holding his lightsaber at the ready, is what this statue could have been. What a missed opportunity.

maul2.jpg

Do SS reps read this forum? Wished they'd be more like XM by being more receptive to customer feedback. At that price, cloak and nicer EX are definitely in order. Personally I don't care about the light-up (I used to, until issues), but if they did it with savage opress PF then I don't see why they can't do it with maul. Right now the only conclusion I can draw is of SS just being greedy.

Pretty much all EX's are lame lately tbh :lol

About the lights, again, be patient, it took some time with Vader and there is still a good chance they will be added to Maul (hard to say regarding Kylo, it's a bit more tricky I guess but I really hope they do add them). Alex said if they can add light ups, they will, especially on statues with lightsabers.

Vader had zero light up feature on the prototype for months, now the statue is a christmas tree, with even the very first light up base on a SW PF if I'm not mistaken.

And btw if they don't add light ups on Maul, you can assume the blades will be removable, as it's always been the case pre-cold cathode lightsabers.

The cloak should have been provided, really disappointed they didn't with that price tag... Custom ones are expensive.

I kinda feel obligated to get this piece.

-Kylo is a definite out as the most expensive price with no "features" (no light up anything, terribly stupid EX) and having the "standard Ren" pose we've seen plastered on other figures, posters, and kid's party cups (etc) who's at a lame medium edition size ($560 / 1500)

-Vader is kinda okay with very decent features (light up saber, base, chest, belt) and a luke-warm pose that could be/should be better (arms too far apart, head tilted too high, right leg positioned like he's a dog who's about to pee on a hydrant) who has a terribly high edition size ($499 / 7500)

-Maul is lacking hard in the features department (no lights, no cloak, no great EX piece<okay, but not great>) and has an A+ pose with a pretty decent edition size ($519 / 750)

With a $20 difference between him and Vader, the price isn't too awful of a difference. The lack of lights hurt him greatly, but the pose and sculpt equal the very best Sideshow has ever produced for any other statue in their past. And because the edition size is so low, if he ends up being rated S-class he's gonna disappear fast when compared to Vader (notice how I'm not even bringing up Ren in this, lol)...

Hmmm.... decisions decisions

I agree with pretty much all of this, Maul is spectacular, but so expensive especially given his very basic base and lack of features. Kylo is my favorite of the three, but I just can't buy it. Making a stand unfortunately as much as I want one. Hopefully that kind of price will not become the norm any time soon.

I agree with pretty much all of this, Maul is spectacular, but so expensive especially given his very basic base and lack of features. Kylo is my favorite of the three, but I just can't buy it. Making a stand unfortunately as much as I want one. Hopefully that kind of price will not become the norm any time soon.

Yeah the base is my biggest disappointment behind the lack of cloak. It's sooo simple. They definitely could add something to it without taking any attention from the character. Maybe some color at least? Like paint the matte areas red on the sides. Hell, even make them light up, that would look amazing with a red glow.
I guess they went super simple due to the statue taking inspiration from this scene in the movie:

star-wars-darth-maul-premium-format-300507-15.jpg

I guess they went super simple due to the statue taking inspiration from this scene in the movie:

Considering how that scene was filled with red blast shields, at the very least SS should add red lights to the thin lines on his base. I mean, if his brother's PF could have a thin orange light added to his base so it looks like his saber cut through it, why can't Maul have a thin red light added to his own?

Definitely, and like I said I think red light ups would look really cool and match the statue perfectly. Definitely a missed opportunity, unless they add something down the line like they did with Vader.

I'd told myself I was done with Sideshow PF statues, but if the production piece turns out looking exactly like this I think I'll have to buy it.

It looks so amazing honestly. I wish it lit up but the face is just perfect.

Nice to see another fan of Tsume :)

It will most likely have a light up feature. Patience :pray:
They even changed the blades between the prototype on the website and the one shown at SDCC. I am very optimistic.

The one thing I'm scared of is the production pieces not looking as good. There isn't much to screw up on a Maul statue, but if it's the same factory that painted the Captain America WS PF... :lol

I always loved Tsume's work but until now I wasn't into their licenses enough to spend the money. Definitely a huge fan of their Vegeta statue and probably of the next DBZ HQS+ statues they will release as well :yess:

I only wish that he had his full hood as i always thought maul looked so cool in his hood - definitely want

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While this maul looks insane...like 10x better than their first maul that to me doesn't have any resemblance to ray park at all, i wouldn't be all over this just yet. Like people jumping up and down their trampoline over the SS spidey, which i have by the way so in ways i was also jumping up and down on my trampoline, here comes IS and their spidey i think whoop SS spideys behind. I will wait until what IS has to offer let alone XM is also showcasing their maul this sept during STGCC. I hope these companies has more to offer like accurate likeness, hooded portrait is also important too, light up feature and a killer base.

Back