Darth Maul 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's Maul with some, uh hem, "friends". FYI Qui-Gon's footware has gone the patented Figuremaster Les hieghtening technique.

Last edited:
Wor-Gar said:
Hey Gruff, thanks for taking the time to post these for all of us envious waiters. Any chance of getting a good close-up of the face?

Sorry, Wor-Gar, that's the problem with a fixed-focus lens. If I get any closer it'll distort. I could crop the shot I've posted tight to the face and not reduce the image size (those I posted are 60% of their original size) but it would just look out of focus.

When I get a certain complementing figure back from the plastic surgeon, maybe I'll set up a film shoot with my light box and SLR film camera.

Here's a good one.... :rotfl

SP20Maul.jpg

But I think the arms might be too short... :D

mrmforce said:
The above pics I took real quick since I am at work, but I will be sure to take a TON of pics this weekend.

Unfortunatly, I will be at a Xmas party tonight, so there will be no loose pics from me tonight. Tomorrrow afternoon at the earliest.

Anyone have pic request (i.e. close up, comparison, etc....) just let me know.:D

To answer the above question: The sticker is SILVER and says Inclusive.

Where those pics mrmforce, pictures help make the wait for this figure a bit easier.:D

Wow just amazing pictures so far, and I have yet to hear any complaints from the owners!

Wednesday... just 4 days away :monkey2

Mookeylama said:
wonderful! who's the fig beneath Maul? looks kinda like Deniro.

PosterBoyKelly said:
It looks like the statue of Frankenstein getting his hair cut, I forget who does it.

Yes, it's the Janus garage kit "Pierce-Karloff Tribute," sculpted by Thomas Kuntz. It's Boris in the makeup chair,which in those days, and until the late seventies, was an old-fashioned barber's chair. Janus has been sold, and I don't think any Janus kits are currently available from the company. My kit was painted and built up by Steve Riojas, and you can see a glimpse of it in my signature banner. I don't know why Pierce's hair looks red in my photo of Maul in the Detolf. Here's the actual model - Steve took the photo:

KarloffPierce4.jpg

Man, I love that Karloff piece, Gruff.... Everytime I see it, just makes me happy. That's an awesome item to have in your collection. Any movie lover and especially of classic FX and makeup would appreciate it. I know I do.

Thanks everyone! I was hoping to get my hands on a slightly better camera today and take some slightly better pictures but I forgot to borrow it.

No complaints. A couple nits worth picking: the glue on mine is a bit sloppy. There's gloss overspill and some color discoloration around the spikes on Maul's head and around the belt where the lightsaber hilt is attached. Also, it's hard to clip on the lightsaber and I broke off a tiny spoke-type thing putting it on the first time. I'll superglue it back on later.

And like all Sideshow figures, a side joint on the ankle would have improved the figure poses dramaticly.

And a non-bracelet wearing force yeild left hand would have been welcome.

But like I said, that's nit picking. All in all, and IMHO, he is the best figure yet!

Can someone pose Maul with one arm out just holding the double ended saber? I think this was in the film or I'm getting confused with Jay's Darth Balls.

Also, the pose that he re-did in X-Men. With one arm out and the double ended sort of behind him and to the side. I think he sweeps it that way behind him with wide legs.

These are the two poses I'll have him in... or just the classic holding it horizontally with both hands.

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Back