Darth Maul 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pjam said:
I just wanted to thank EVERYONE and wish you all Happy Maulidays! :maul

Maulidays....

:slap :blissy :blissy :rock

:D :rotfl :lol

You outta put that in your sig for the Mauliday Season.

pixletwin said:
Here is a cool pic from the chinese site from aloneliu:

dscf0370pf7.jpg

That is a cool pic. Thanks for porting it over. And it clearly demonstrates how right Wor-Gar is about the buttons.

This figure truly captures Maul in an amazing realistic way judging by all the pictures here, I can't wait to have one.

The dragon body looks much more realistic in it's poses to me nice pic.(and nice work on the boots)

SSmaul4.jpg

Yup, undisputebly Ray Park, that's why it's such an amazing figure, if it weren't so spot on Ray Park, it wouldn't look so fantastically like they pulled Maul out of the film and boxed him up to ship out to fans worldwide.

yea that dragon switch up looks real good i had to do that to my qui gon and obi because of body breaks, and i like them, my only problem with them is the range of arm motion in the shoulder to chest area is a bit more constricting, and the fact i had to dremel the feet to fit in the boots.

It's going to be a sweet Christmas! I got my Maul yesterday...simply outstanding and my Qui Gon exclusive...signed by the artist himself!!!

I'll be gone most of next week, don't know if I'll be near a computer or not...so...

Happy and safe Holidays to all!!!!!!!!

Lets a start a "What did you get for the Holidays" thread next week.

See ya.

pixletwin said:
Here is a cool pic from the chinese site from aloneliu:

dscf0370pf7.jpg
Looks like the Maul costume had silver buttons after all. They aren't as pronounced but do indeed appear to be on his belt on the left side of the pic (his right.)

In defense of Sideshow, Hasbro had the buttons on all of their Maul items, as does Applause's figures where Maul isn't in his robe, the Maul comic series, and the GG statue, so Lucasfilm must have thrown that out there at some point as part of the character, or someone did it once, and people saw that and thought it was how it was supposed to be and kept it going, it's not a big deal though, adds a little more to the belt.

MaulFan said:
In defense of Sideshow, Hasbro had the buttons on all of their Maul items, as does Applause's figures where Maul isn't in his robe, the Maul comic series, and the GG statue, so Lucasfilm must have thrown that out there at some point as part of the character, or someone did it once, and people saw that and thought it was how it was supposed to be and kept it going, it's not a big deal though, adds a little more to the belt.

No, Hasbro 12" Maul does NOT have the buttons. That's where I first noticed it. Not sure about the 3 3/4" figure.

MaulvsMaulpost1.jpg

Not a big deal at all. I'm keeping my "buttons" as is for now. I don't think they take anything away...but there are NOT accurate...for those that care.

:D

on that comparison pic above between the SS figure and the image of Ray Park from a book, does it look like SS have got the lengths of the front parts of hanging fabric the wrong way round? (SS have the middle one being short, with two longer ones behind and to the sides... whereas on the photo it looks like its the centre one that hangs down longer)

again, I'm not sure how it was on screen and if it was any different to the photo in this book. just saying :)

Back