Darth Maul 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jedibear said:
Looks good Les....and I REALLY like your AOTC Anakin...very cool. Did you do any work on the Hasbro AOTC Obi-Wan as well?

Yes I did. He is packed up at the moment, but I will post pics in my custom thread soon of EpII ObiWan.

My EpIII ObiWan is my own making. I don't own the Sideshow one...yet...I'll have to post pics of him too.

Til then, a shot of a couple of my reworked EP I guys with my new Maul....

Anakinep1002.jpg

I give this Maul a 10 also! Not much to do here gang! What? Paint some silver buttons? Eyes? Touchups? Monkey arms? Maybe...they don't bother me particularly....I say....nothing more to see here....Move along....:D

Excellent figure SS! :maul

Why is the loincloth piece that's attached to the belt off center for almost everyone? It's not supposed to be that way, is it?

Batty said:
Why is the loincloth piece that's attached to the belt off center for almost everyone? It's not supposed to be that way, is it?

I remember reading about a tribe of Native Americans who made nearly perfect pots -- just beautiful crokery -- but before they were through they always had to put their thumb into it to create an imperfection. The theory was that only God could make a perfect thing.

I think Sideshow has hired that tribe to mass produce their figures. For Luke they made monkey arms. For Anakin it was arm fallout. In this case it's the belt that gets imperfected.

Figuremaster Les said:
I give this Maul a 10 also! Not much to do here gang! What? Paint some silver buttons? Eyes? Touchups? Monkey arms? Maybe...they don't bother me particularly....I say....nothing more to see here....Move along....:D

What? You're not giving him body tatoos?

pixletwin said:
Yeah... Where is Cahoteboy anyway?... :confused:

I'm here I'm here! Sorry, guys, I've been lurking but not posting. No new product does that to me. Makes me focus on other things and I'll have nothing to say. Plus, I'm not getting any of the EU sideshow so that kept me out of the threads too.

BUT... a LOT of amazazing photos! You guys pretty much covered the basics so I'll have to think of something unique to take a pic of. I'll show what I have so far though!

6fee7236.jpg

1bad9941-1.jpg

Figuremaster Les said:

Les gave Maul a 10 too!!! WOW! 10's abound! :maul :maul :maul

Figuremaster Les said:
GDB...Shhhhhhhhhhh! :D
You're not supposed to ask about that! :maul

Stand by to see something interesting soon though.
Work comes first!:cool:

Very cool, Les. Can't wait. :cool:

gdb said:
I remember reading about a tribe of Native Americans who made nearly perfect pots -- just beautiful crokery -- but before they were through they always had to put their thumb into it to create an imperfection. The theory was that only God could make a perfect thing.

I think Sideshow has hired that tribe to mass produce their figures. For Luke they made monkey arms. For Anakin it was arm fallout. In this case it's the belt that gets imperfected.

don't forget the lazy eye thing. it's happening so often it's beginning to seem planned. maybe Dave was right and they're going for a certain style.

I was planning on taking pics and posting them this weekend, but after I got him and opened him up I just couldn't wait.

:maul

Took a few more shots... but I got lazy and forgot to add the blades. Just use your imaginations!

d321b9e0.jpg

1aa97b75.jpg

10936213.jpg

And this one looks weird because I erased the base in a hurry.

f7d34a73.jpg

AAAAAHHHHH!!! You guys are killin me!! Mine's sitting at my house waiting for Christmas. :rotfl

Back