Darth Maul 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batty said:
Thanks Wor-Gar! That did the trick. The next figure I get I'll make sure to test the joints first instead of last.

Glad I could help.

Khev said:
The belt for my Jedi Anakin was warped and only had one peg hole. After notifying Aimee at SS returns she had me mail it back to them and then sent a perfect replacement. I imagine the same would hold true for Maul.

That's good to know. If I can't fix the belt myself, I might just do that. Did they send the new belt quickly or did it take a month or so?

darthviper107 said:
Yeah, I saw the missing button before I opened it so I made sure to check in the box and see if it was there, and then I noticed that there was one missing on the back too and then the clasp was a little funky which was because one of the pegs in the back was gone, so now the belt barely stays on, so yeah it definitely needs replacement.

Take Khev's lead and call Aimee tomorrow.

Oh, and nice pix Magnuz. I'm totally jealous.

Batty said:
Mine was way off center. So much so it was bothering me. But a small operation and five minutes later he's all set. I used super-glue.

Thanks I'll try that. First I have to remove the cloth which is half done for me thanks to the elves in the factory having only glued it half on.

Here are a few quick ones all taken without a flash. The first one is a bit washed out. I'll definitely take more tomorrow in natural daylight.

Great pix, Batty! Nice mood shots. EDIT: is that a flare gun??

Wor-Gar, I had a problem Anakin arm -- wouldn't bend. I sent it in to them and it took like 6 weeks for them to send a new one back. (And then it was the robotic arm and I had to email them and about a week later they sent me the correct arm.)

I would have complained and sent my Maul's belt back but no one should go that long without a belt.

gdb said:
Great pix, Batty! Nice mood shots. EDIT: is that a flare gun??
Thanks! Maul is officially my favorite of the SW line.

The gun is Hellboy's Samaritan. The 6" animated version. Looking at that pic makes me think I should have changed his right hand!

Yeah, gdb, that's what I'm afraid of. Or worse, I get a belt that has other issues. Mine looks fine, and the rivets are all in line, so maybe I'll just doctor the holes and pegs in the back myself. Its nothing that shows fortunately. A little superglue for the tweaked peg and maybe just "punch" out some new holes and I'm set.

If anyone can take a picture of their belt's "peg holes" in the back I'd really appreciate it -- I'm just curious how close to the edge of the pleather they are suppose to be. Mine are riding the edge.

Oh, and cool pictures Batty. I think your belt is riding a bit high though. His tabbard thing seems to be hanging high.

Friggin' brilliant Batty! That Artistic eye of yours captured some amazingly unique moods and poses... and it looks like your fig is dead perfect.

Congrats bro, they are STUNNING!

Wor-Gar said:
If anyone can take a picture of their belt's "peg holes" in the back I'd really appreciate it -- I'm just curious how close to the edge of the pleather they are suppose to be. Mine are riding the edge.

Oh, and cool pictures Batty. I think your belt is riding a bit high though. His tabbard thing seems to be hanging high.
Here's mine. I have no problem taking it off and putting it back on.

And you right about me having the belt too high. I just changed it after I took this pic. I'm not really sure how to accurately dress him. Everyone's photos seem to be slightly different.

pjam said:
Friggin' brilliant Batty! That Artistic eye of yours captured some amazingly unique moods and poses... and it looks like your fig is dead perfect.

Congrats bro, they are STUNNING!
Thanks! These were taken under a desk lamp. I hate using a flash. I'm looking forward to taking more tomorrow. I have a couple of Christmas photo ideas I want to try.

Batty said:
Here's mine. I have no problem taking it off and putting it back on.

And you right about me having the belt too high. I just changed it after I took this pic. I'm not really sure how to accurately dress him. Everyone's photos seem to be slightly different.

EXCELLENT! Thanks for the picture, Batty. I didn't think anyone really would do it. That really helps me, as it is clear to me now that my holes are way off, right on the outside edge where they are tearing through the pleather. I'll make new holes using your picture as a guide to where they can be.

OK, thanks again, now take some more pictures of your Maul. This is the fun part. :D

I'm blown away Batty, you've captured real character in these shots! Can't wait to see more! :maul :cool:
Damn we got some serious talent on this board!

Batty said:
Here are a few quick ones all taken without a flash. The first one is a bit washed out. I'll definitely take more tomorrow in natural daylight.

Wor-Gar said:
EXCELLENT! Thanks for the picture, Batty. I didn't think anyone really would do it. That really helps me, as it is clear to me now that my holes are way off, right on the outside edge where they are tearing through the pleather. I'll make new holes using your picture as a guide to where they can be.

OK, thanks again, now take some more pictures of your Maul. This is the fun part. :D
I have to call it a night. My wife just pointed out that I've been "playing" with him for the past 5 hours! :lol

And thanks again pjam. I appreciate it. I'm almost tempted to take a pic of myself with him. :maul

Batty said:
I have to call it a night. My wife just pointed out that I've been "playing" with him for the past 5 hours! :lol

And thanks again pjam. I appreciate it. I'm almost tempted to take a pic of myself with him. :maul

Almost means never having to say you're sorry!

Batty said:

:maul

5 hours?? Wor-gar been playing with his Maul for 2 days :lol

Awesome pics guys. Keep them coming :chew :chew

pjam said:
Almost means never having to say you're sorry!
We'll see what tomorrow brings. But if Pixletwin and I both do it, there's no escape for you my friend! :maul

Batty said:
We'll see what tomorrow brings. But if Pixletwin and I both do it, there's no escape for you my friend! :maul

Don't you dare! :lol

Last edited:
Batty said:
Thanks! These were taken under a desk lamp. I hate using a flash. I'm looking forward to taking more tomorrow. I have a couple of Christmas photo ideas I want to try.

Christmas photos! I'm loving this idea! I once made a nativity scene with Hasbro Star Wars figures -- you know with Shmi Skywalker as the virgin and taun tauns for camels. I don't have enough 1:6 scale to pull it off yet but I'd love to see anyone else's displays.

Great pics guys! Some serious photo taking talent. Myself excluded of course.

Pix glad to see someone else share a pic of them and their toys. :D

Back