Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

Ha... What do ya know... sideshow again pulls this "sell out" trick. I knew 5000 was a huge # to sell through. Well now everyone can get a chance at one. ;)

Sideshow magic yet again. If they keep pulling this crap why can't they "find" more Doom PF's... dang it. :)

They send me an email about 6 hours after they open the order, saying that my waitlist was converted. But mine was already cancelled
What is weird is that their email was saying :
Your waitlist reservation #Wxxxxxxx for this item is due to become a live order on 2014-04-04 and should ship out to you shortly after that.

But what I understand is that the next statue will be sent in about 3 month for the 3rd Qtr 2014 so in my book shortly is not in 3 month...

They send me an email about 6 hours after they open the order, saying that my waitlist was converted. But mine was already cancelled
What is weird is that their email was saying :

But what I understand is that the next statue will be sent in about 3 month for the 3rd Qtr 2014 so in my book shortly is not in 3 month...

Had to cancel my waitlist to order the new one and although I cancelled they too sent me an email notifying me that my (cancelled) 'W' order will be converting. I'm confused by this as well. What's most interesting to me is that I waitlisted myself really late - March 28 which gives me the impression they have a bunch at hand and ready to ship. Not sure if I am to expect this in the 3rd quarter or if my order will soon be shipped

Had to cancel my waitlist to order the new one and although I cancelled they too sent me an email notifying me that my (cancelled) 'W' order will be converting. I'm confused by this as well. What's most interesting to me is that I waitlisted myself really late - March 28 which gives me the impression they have a bunch at hand and ready to ship. Not sure if I am to expect this in the 3rd quarter or if my order will soon be shipped

Yeah since it went up Im guessing yesterday it probably took some time before they got to everyone who was on the waitlist, I think because you canceled you waitlist your gonna have to wait until your new order comes up in 3q this year. Either way your getting one but just not as soon. same probably goes for you too bam.

That logic makes sense. I thought no way I'm converting cancelled it and placed a new order when the option was available think anyone would have done the same. Either way I'm happy I'm getting one

That logic makes sense. I thought no way I'm converting cancelled it and placed a new order when the option was available think anyone would have done the same. Either way I'm happy I'm getting one

Best bet is to call SS today and ask them If you can still get you waitlist one, you never know.

I 'd say maybe it's better to be a bit patient and wait for the statue to be shipped in the next quarter than getting one right now. There is a slight chance that if you get it now it may be a returned one. Maybe this is not true but I 'd say it's better to be patient and more sure of what you 're getting.

Mine converted yay! I'm starting to wonder if I really want it now though... I got maul and fett on the way.

Mine converted yay! I'm starting to wonder if I really want it now though... I got maul and fett on the way.

Yeah, this is hitting at a really weird time. Was going to cancel my WL, but it gave me the option to convert it to flex. Weird. Guess I'll see what happens.

SS up to their old marketing tricks again :rotfl.

It really surprised me that so many people here were convinced they had manufactured, shipped and sold 5000 of these lol.

my gosh.. how mad must be someone that bought it on the aftermarket for those prices.. and SSC is just cheating around here

my gosh.. how mad must be someone that bought it on the aftermarket for those prices.. and SSC is just cheating around here

Yeah, its actually starting to get a little pathetic that they keep doing this. Overall they are a great company but continuing to pull crap like this is giving them a bad image.

Didn't they do this with both the Maul and Kenobi before? They "sold out" before putting up a second batch for pre-order a couple months later. I'm assuming Boba should be back up for pre-order in the next couple of weeks.

Now it's the race of who will get their Vader Statue the first ...
The ones who convert their waitlist to an order or the ones who created a new pre-order ?

Mine converted as well. Sucks this didn't happen 2 days ago, when we could have used a coupon.

I decided to cancel, and re-order with Flex. So if they go in order, I'm back at the end of the line. I don't really care. As long as I actually get it, I'm good... The edition number we receive is all random anyway... Although I assume these will all be higher numbers, since they likely only produced like 1-3000 before, and are now doing 3001-5000.

Last edited:

Got off the phone with sideshow, not sure if there is any truth to it but she said even though my wait list converted it wouldn't necessarily ship sooner than the one scheduled for the 3rd quarter so she said it was easier to cancel the W order and keep the new live one. Actually works better for me to wait anyway and if it rules out the chances of it being a return I'm good for it. I almost bought one aftermarket for more so I'm glad all this happened before I did

I forgot this has a NRD, so people won't be able to cancel, and re-order with a coupon once we get the April coupon...

Back