Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

I forgot this has a NRD, so people won't be able to cancel, and re-order with a coupon once we get the April coupon...

When I went in to cancel my WL, it let me set up a Flex pay (3 payments) with no NRD. I am assuming my last flex will get pushed to when they get that later shipment. Thought about canceling/reordering, but figured I would give this a shot as I have never seen this option pop up before. So I guess when this converts to a live order on Friday it will carry over the payment schedule? Shows the payments on my homepage...very odd.

No idea why they cut off orders and went this route though. It wasn't even up on the site. Kind of stupid.

But now I wonder of some more Fett's are on the way.

I went on the WL on Feb 15th and converted early this morning. Can't wait to get this piece!

When I went in to cancel my WL, it let me set up a Flex pay (3 payments) with no NRD. I am assuming my last flex will get pushed to when they get that later shipment. Thought about canceling/reordering, but figured I would give this a shot as I have never seen this option pop up before. So I guess when this converts to a live order on Friday it will carry over the payment schedule? Shows the payments on my homepage...very odd.

No idea why they cut off orders and went this route though. It wasn't even up on the site. Kind of stupid.

But now I wonder of some more Fett's are on the way.

I see you're from Germany. Why aren't you getting it from a European retailer? there's loads of them offering this one on eBay, for normal prices even. Sure, $350 sounds cheap if you convert it to Euros, but if you add the shippingcosts and taxes, it comes to 350 euros in my experience.

I see you're from Germany. Why aren't you getting it from a European retailer? there's loads of them offering this one on eBay, for normal prices even. Sure, $350 sounds cheap if you convert it to Euros, but if you add the shippingcosts and taxes, it comes to 350 euros in my experience.

Military. I get it through US mail, no tax or import fees. Though they charge me quite a bit more to go through USPS. Still cheaper than trying to buy local and convert my dollars to Euros.

This sales tactic still makes no sense though. Why not leave it up for order with the later shipping date? I know they get panic Wait Listers, but rather than continue to collect NRD's, they force potential buyers onto the secondary market.

Anybody who already own one Darth Vader Mythos have a number out of 5000 over than 3000 ?

How sure are we that this has actually sold out and this isn't another one of sideshow's marketing techniques designed to create a false sense of rarity and drum up more interest for the piece?

Only reason I ask is that an Aussie retailer I use, that are usually right on the money with this sort of thing, still have this available for pre-order. Apparently they sold their initial allocation but are expecting more later in the year. These guys always completely remove any mention of an item that has sold out from their site the moment they sell their last one, so it's very much out of the ordinary for them to just leave this up available for pre-order.

Take this to mean what you will, I'm just putting it out there that it wouldn't be the first (or last) time SS have used this sort of marketing.

Going to ask this guy for lottery numbers!

Was so confused to see this in the newsletter with a preorder date of 3rd quarter this year... Also surprised to see some of you secured the "power fist." How did you manage that exactly? I would definitely prefer it to the one it came with.

Was so confused to see this in the newsletter with a preorder date of 3rd quarter this year... Also surprised to see some of you secured the "power fist." How did you manage that exactly? I would definitely prefer it to the one it came with.

If you bought it from SS, email them with your order # and ask them to mail you the correct fist, it's free of charge.

Currently my total has a shipping estimate, when the item is in stock and ready to ship does sideshow adjust it to reflect the actual shipping cost? And is the actual shipping cost normally lower or higher than the estimate they provide us with? Quoting $32.96 going to Illinois

Just wondering if there is any real purpose in "contacting for firm shipping cost" or if they take care of everything in the end. Hope some of you can shed some light based on your experiences as this is my first official order directly with sideshow

Currently my total has a shipping estimate, when the item is in stock and ready to ship does sideshow adjust it to reflect the actual shipping cost? And is the actual shipping cost normally lower or higher than the estimate they provide us with? Quoting $32.96 going to Illinois

Just wondering if there is any real purpose in "contacting for firm shipping cost" or if they take care of everything in the end. Hope some of you can shed some light based on your experiences as this is my first official order directly with sideshow

Typically, they'll take care of everything. In my experience, the shipping will be raised or lowered depending on the final price. SS will adjust it accordingly.

Well my WL converted this wednesday while I was abroad (since I got on it March 23rd I think everyone is safe.)

I'm happy I'm completing my Mythos line but I totally called SSC on their BS.

SS emailed me on 3/12 to say they'd be shipping my power fist within 7-10 business days but still nothing. Might have to call next week.

Do you guys think that for the new batch of statues that is coming in the 3rd quarter of 2014 they will send the correct arm or we will still have to call them to get the bad arm replace with the proper one

I'm sure they will have the correct arm, since various statues that were sent to retailers already have the correct arm.

Back