Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

Nice pic! I have only Gentle Giant kneel darth vader, but this Mythos Vader is really impresive, I think about buy this one ...

I reported the arm the same day I received my Vader in December and I'm still waiting on the replacement arm. I've contacted them several times and they keep saying to message them the following week. I keep seeing people on this forum and the other are receiving their replacement arms even the ones who asked for one after me. Hopefully SSC gets their **** together and sends one out soon.
There QA/QC dept is in need of some upgrading.

THE BEST color representation of how the orange actually looks in-hand (for anybody worrying about how "bright" the orange is).

And congrats :) This piece has become (easily) the most talked about part of my collection when people come over. I love it, but it's a long way from being my favorite thing... funny how people are so drawn to it. :dunno

Just got my darth vader mythos. Damn he is so amazing!. I got the right arm with him too. Dont know if my supplier already contacted sideshow about it or that Sideshow actually put the right arm in the box.

10/10 Statue

mq2x.jpg

Thank you all, this statue deserves all the attention it gets. This was the last mythos statue I needed to complete the collection so I hope new prototype pictures will come (soon).

For all we know Sideshow doesnt want to produce more of this line because of the QC issues they had (lets pray not).

Vader Mythos #1082 arrived today :)

20140312_104743_1_zps06f348f0.jpg

It looks fantastic and as others have said the orange is not so in your face in person as it looks in photos.

Very very happy I was able to get one of these before they sold out, sculpt and paint job is fantastic IMO

My only issue is I was sent the wrong arm so need to contact SS about getting sent the correct one, and I would also like a new COA certificate envelope sent as it came very scratched and worn from rubbing on the box as it was not in a plastic slip like all the other ones I have received but this is a minor issue.

I don't really think SS needed to worry about a young and old reveal head sculpt they are very very similar.

I will be displaying it like in the photo for now but have safely placed all the change out limbs and helmet in a easily accessible spot so will be changing up the display often I think.

Now to just pay off the life size Vader Bust so these two pieces can be displayed together :)

Congrats! Great piece, one of the best vaders out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks fellas :) just a awesome statue!!!!

Took a few shots with my camera without the "epic" effect lol

Just got confirmation that my replacement arm will be shipping within a week!! Sure did take them long enough.

Good news mate, I also got word that a replacement arm and COA will be sent out to me.... COA envelope didn't come in a plastic bag and had scratched up pretty bad in transit.

No timeframe for the new arm but hopefully sooner than later.

Good news mate, I also got word that a replacement arm and COA will be sent out to me.... COA envelope didn't come in a plastic bag and had scratched up pretty bad in transit.

No timeframe for the new arm but hopefully sooner than later.

My email says it will ship within 7-10 days. I'll be gone when it gets here, but it will be nice to bring an end to this whole fiasco.

All the Mythos statues are (or were). Because they're only sold through Sideshow, they probably wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to order and not allow scalpers to swoop in and order 50 and corner the market.

I finally got my Vader statue today! I don't see any immediate issues, apart from the maitre D arm, but I called Sideshow immediately to see about getting the corrected arm. I'm really glad I didn't miss out on this one. It's the perfect companion to my Obi-Wan! :)

Yes, arms are shipping out, I just got mine today, so yall should get it withing next few weeks.

Yep new arm arrived this morning....

Was shocked how quick it got to me!!!

I received this statue today and all I say is that I am in awe. It's literally an outstanding piece of art. Sculpt, painting, art direction, variety of display options. The "orange" in person is something you have to see. It complements the statue and adds a lot to it.

Having this one and Obi Mythos from this line makes me wonder why isn't SSC making all the statues at the factories that made those 2 statues come to life. I mean this line has really offered a rare combination: massive products in pure numbers but at the same time executed in a unique way!

I just started setting mine up. Been sitting on the damn thing for almost a month (I should be able to submit an exchange still.) My body kinda rocks in the base. It doesn't stay flat. Is it like that for everyone else? I'm not sure if the base is bad, or his feet. It won't fall over, but it rocks quite easily if I slightly push it. I turned it around, and can see a gap beneath the heals on both feet. How is it for everyone else?

The pictures are great. I truly feel this is destined to become one of the best ever statues of Vader. The pose, the emotion - everything is captured perfectly. I understand some don't like the lava effect, but it just works for this piece.

Back