Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

I think a side-by-side really helps.
Try posting this with that first pic you posted:

Your repaint is my preferred way to see this piece.
Absolutely awesome work JazzInc! :clap

Thanks Centurion. You mean like this?
Here are some side by side comparisons:
compare1.jpg
compare2.jpg
compare3.jpg

Last edited:

Great comparison shots. While your painting skills are quite good and would put mine to shame, I prefer the "glow effect." I think the singed cape look you painted is great and if I repainted anything on mine, it would be the helmet as I think SS got a little carried away in that area. Very nice job on yours.

@ JazzInc. :clap Great job mixing the matte and semi/gloss paints. Like you said before, this effect makes this statue look like a mixed media peice. Kudos to you on your willingness to do this. (I don't have the balls, nor the tallent to pull this off :lol)

I think the repaint looks great, fantastic job! The main thing I didn't really like about the orange overspray was the big blob on the helmet he's holding, on 99% of the pics I've seen it looks like it was just whacked on there with no finesse.

Wow, that does definitely look better without all of that orange. Great job!

Star Wars is an American franchise film series created by George Lucas. After this film lightsaber was the weapon of choice. Darth Vader was the central character of the movie,his mask is popular even today. Antique collectors collect them as a part of hobby. The movie was amazing and I look forward for such kind of movies!!!

The repaint is very well done but I do prefer the original...

So do I. As has been said many times in this very thread, there is just about a zillion Vader statues out there with the same glossy black finish and so it was nice to get a battle-worn, dirty Vader with the lava glow reflected on it.

I could completely understand repainting slightly a statue where the glow was unfortunately overdone, but changing the statue completely is a little hard to understand for me because it just makes me wonder why someone would buy it in the first place..

But that does not change the fact the job is well done, and that what matters is that you're happy with it.

I got vader on the 3rd. Reported his arm was missing recieved it on the 10th.

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

I got the statue about a month ago and immediately requested a replacement. It took several emails to different people with a lot of waiting in between.

Well looks like SS needs a talking to. I ordered him right after he started to ship and have yet to see a replacement arm. :mad:

I finally got tracking on the replacement fist arm today and I pre-ordered this statue the first day it went up for order. I emailed SS the very next day after I received my order. So Sideshow is all over the place with their timing on shipping these out. As long as everyone gets one at the end I guess it doesn't matter. I'm not sure if I'll ever use the fist pose but I'm still happy to get the replacement in case I get bored of the helmet off display.

Just got my darth vader mythos. Damn he is so amazing!. I got the right arm with him too. Dont know if my supplier already contacted sideshow about it or that Sideshow actually put the right arm in the box.

10/10 Statue

mq2x.jpg

Back