Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

Ordered the Vader Mythos today via phone; first time I've ever done that. Spoke to Mike Tolentino who was most-excellent in answering all my questions. He applied my $25 Obi-wan Mythos missing hilt credit & even put my name on the list for the close-fisted arm-replacement which he thought might arrive in 90 days or so.

What terrific customer service! Sometimes there's an over-whelming cloud of negativity about SS around here, so I felt like posting something positive. In the future, I believe a key to ensuring a happy collecting experience, is to try and order a piece relatively early after its' release. So if any quality issues arise, there's enough time and/or parts to have SS help you out. I'm sure they want us all back as repeat customers, so methinks they'd do everything within their power to try and keep us happy. I mean, recasting an entire arm?! How awesome is that!

Now I didn't write all of this to open the floor to a debate, just wanted to say something positive about their CS for a change--and I can sometimes be as cynical as they come.

So, "Thanks a bunch, SS!" :clap

congratulations mrpickles. happy to see this went smooth for you. if only it were the norm rather than the exception for everyone else.

Mmmmmhmmm loving it a lot and finally i have a vader in my collection! Looking awesome next with boba fett! I am debating with my girlfriend which one looks better and we're both in disagreement. I'll be switching this up every week or so, until my mind is decided.

Ordered the Vader Mythos today via phone; first time I've ever done that. Spoke to Mike Tolentino who was most-excellent in answering all my questions. He applied my $25 Obi-wan Mythos missing hilt credit & even put my name on the list for the close-fisted arm-replacement which he thought might arrive in 90 days or so.

What terrific customer service! Sometimes there's an over-whelming cloud of negativity about SS around here, so I felt like posting something positive. In the future, I believe a key to ensuring a happy collecting experience, is to try and order a piece relatively early after its' release. So if any quality issues arise, there's enough time and/or parts to have SS help you out. I'm sure they want us all back as repeat customers, so methinks they'd do everything within their power to try and keep us happy. I mean, recasting an entire arm?! How awesome is that!

Now I didn't write all of this to open the floor to a debate, just wanted to say something positive about their CS for a change--and I can sometimes be as cynical as they come.

Nothing wrong with seeing the positive side of things.

I was upset at first about the whole arm fiasco, but very happy to see SS is correcting it as they should.

My Vader isn't here yet, but I eagerly await his arrival.

LOL. you were spending money!!!! thats why its so good. it only sucks when you need a refund, have a problem or a question. if you call up to buy something, watch out fella!! they are the bomb at taking your money.

Just thought I'd pass this along for anyone who is flexing this and unsure how SSC will handle the corrected arm. This is a reply I received from customer service today:
In regards to your order for the Darth Vader Mythos due to process in February, the arm should be corrected by then. We are receiving corrected arms with 2-3 months (subject to change) so this matter should be resolved by the time your order is ready to ship!

Went ahead and ordered the Maul statue and received it today...unfortunately I had to contact Sideshow over the midsection of the body. It looks like the piece that is supposed to be flowing in the wind was out of line and instead of fixing it, the person filled the gap with glue and just painted over it. It looks pretty bad in these pictures but looks 10 times worse in hand. Did anyone else have this issue?

Hi JonZ,

After seeing your posting, I unboxed my Mythos Maul again to double-check and I think that mine may have a similar problem to yours although it is not as pronounced in that one area. I won't be able to contact SSC until Monday but I'm now wondering if anyone else has the darker, possibly filler, paint added around the belt area. It doesn't show up very well in the flash pictures so the 4th picture was done without flash to give a better idea of the shiny black.

10223758974_8b7a34aa09_o.jpg

10223942543_6738cc5056_o.jpg

10223942503_32c588f742_o.jpg

10223840645_60c71bf11c_o.jpg

10223859676_f04082fa5e_o.jpg

What do you guys think? Is that darker/shiny black paint normal around the waist or is that an issue worth contacting SSC about?

Last edited:

I haven't gotten another email from SSC, just that first one that they were looking into it. Should I contact them again?

I wonder what will happen to people who don't order direct from sideshow about the arm, I've got mine coming in November :(

my AD indicated his orders are being held by SS for a couple of months until the problem can be corrected.

Darth Vader Mythos No. 981 in da house!!!! and OMG!!!!! It's beautiful! Those on the fence, no offence, but drop your defence and give in to the dark side! That black, that orange, that yellow, those faces, the matte finish....everything is A-FREAKING-1!!!!!

my AD indicated his orders are being held by SS for a couple of months until the problem can be corrected.

Great news then! It might mean a delay for people not buying directly, but atleast everyone will get the corrected arm in the end.

I wonder what will happen to people who don't order direct from sideshow about the arm, I've got mine coming in November :(

Contact your LCS like I did. Make him aware of the situation if he doesn't already know and he will make what is needed.
At least he won't have the opportunity to say he didn't know if something goes wrong :wink1:

yes you have to notify them to get on the list.
I did and then got an email saying I was added to their list.

Darth Vader Mythos No. 981 in da house!!!! and OMG!!!!! It's beautiful! Those on the fence, no offence, but drop your defence and give in to the dark side! That black, that orange, that yellow, those faces, the matte finish....everything is A-FREAKING-1!!!!!

I couldn't agree more. These Mythos statues get better and better with each release. I can't wait for the next wave.

Here is a little set up I made, case for all my extra pieces. sorry the pic kinda sucks.

Back