Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Maul's still on track for December. I'd like to see how the final product turns out before I commit to any more pieces in the line.

So is anyone planning on displaying him with the mysterious stick?

im wondering whether to buy, i dont have a star wars statue yet, all are lotr that i own, am looking for one that should retain value.

2500 for a exclusive edition is too high though - i don't know much about previous PF statues released from this line.

im wondering whether to buy, i dont have a star wars statue yet, all are lotr that i own, am looking for one that should retain value.

2500 for a exclusive edition is too high though - i don't know much about previous PF statues released from this line.

Don't get too hung up on edition size, buy whatever you think you'll like best. This conversation comes up all the time and while we all like to have something that is "limited," it's important to not let that be the sole driving force in acquiring what you think you'll enjoy in your collection.

I know the price is high, but the Ben Kenobi mythos statue looks to be a killer piece, and of course today's release Boba Fett. But I'm a little biased on that one.

I'll be skipping this guy.

I already have the GG international Maul statue, the SSC Maul PF and cybernetic Maul (don't care what ya say I love it :nana:)

In fact with the LOTR and upcoming star wars PF's the only statue from this line I might get will be Vader.

At first I didn't really like him - my must have are Vader and Fett - but I admit that I came to like him, and considering how Obi Wan is expensive... Just a thing I didn't get: is there light up feature? And how come that in some pics the lightsaber is displayed with both blades, and in other pics he is just wielding the saber hilt?

For example, here: https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uEm3DLke...wpODMAcntYY/s1600/SWMythos_DarthMaul_WIP5.jpg

it show the hilt only, while on SS site he always has the saber lighted. I don't really like the plastic effect of the saber's blades, so I was wondering if will be possible to display him with switched off saber.. ?

I dont think the saber lights up to be honest... so for that reason I think you can take the plastic rods off

...and delayed again... booooring and annoying..and ridiculous

I just decided to cancel this, knowing I won't get my $25 NRD back, and it turns out I have to pay another $40 just to cancel it since I've already made a flex-payment on it?

Is it just me or is that kinda..uhh...****ing outrageous? Isn't the entire point of the NRD that SS can greedily make money off of us if we decide to cancel our orders? But now I have to pay MORE?

So essentially I'm paying an entire $65 for absolutely nothing and there's no way out of it. It's like a trap. I was going to use the money from this statue to purchase something else, but now I can't.

I haven't bought anything directly from SS in a very long time and think I'm done. It's my fault for not remembering their BS flex-pay rules but I figured ordering a small statue wouldn't be so god damn dangerous.

you should loose just your NRD.. not the flex payments..

But I agree and feel you.. its all their strategy.. they come up with a wild unrealistic release date in the "near" future.. and then they push it back anyway.. with your NRD paid almost a year ago till the release..

their whole strategy is getting very shady

I sympathize gents, but try ordering an eFX product and then you will truly know the definition of waiting.

The Tie Fighter is shipping now and we ordered it in Oct 2010 with a scheduled release date of Q1 2011... 2 years overdue.

Or GG Bantha or R2 statue. Bantha was due Q1 2011 finally hit about two months ago and the R2 - like, 5 years or some crap and still waiting.

They truly know how to kill the mood.

Sure SSC have a few delays but they're only a couple of months out normally.

you should loose just your NRD.. not the flex payments..

But I agree and feel you.. its all their strategy.. they come up with a wild unrealistic release date in the "near" future.. and then they push it back anyway.. with your NRD paid almost a year ago till the release..

their whole strategy is getting very shady

Hmmm never thought of this. It's a very sneaky way to lock in buyers.

last time I checked on their page it still says december.. but my flex got pushed back to january.. so I guess January FOR NOW

Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department.

We are expecting our shipment for the Darth Maul Mythos Statue (item#200109) to arrive in late December. As such, we cannot guarantee that this item will be available in time for the holidays. I am very sorry!

As always, please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

I asked them a few days ago when it would come in.

Well it looks like Aayla will be my last piece for 2012 unless Cpt. Rex makes it this month too.

I asked about Rex and Maul as well in the chat.. but there is no guarantee. they havent received a shipping notice from their manufacturer yet.. is still time.. but I doubt it almost.. if.. it will be the last week in dec.

Is anyone going to be displaying this with the giant churro?

200109_press08-001.jpg

Back