Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

Do you think there is or will be any other Vader Statue that you will like more than this one ?

I haven't yet... But I don't know if I need to try to complete my display or not. Seems kind of weird to not have a vader in there. I will probably get it...

I think if you already have three you should add Vader to the lineup. The orange glow effect isn't for everyone, I suppose, but he has great presence and fits in well with the rest of the series.

This is a fantastic Vader statue. I get the overspray isn't for everyone, but out of the box and displayed he's a sight to behold. A great piece for any SW collection. And he displays great with Kenobi and Fett (the only other 2 I have). Really a great piece.

Should I buy this.... I have Obi coming, and Fett and Maul already. I never loved peoples pics of him. Some promo pics looked great. It's so hard to decide whether or not to drop 400 bucks...

I saw from your other posts that you have decided to pick this one up. Congrats!

I just wanted to add that this is probably the most thought-provoking piece that I have. When I have him displayed holding his helmet, he really gets a lot of attention and people tend to stop and study him for awhile. In fact, this one is so good, it is the rain that I've ordered Obi-Wan.

Ordered him when i ordered Ben yesterday. Couldn't imagine one without the other. Do wish I hadn't missed out on Boba and that they'd do a Han Solo. Why does SSC seem hell bent not to do a Han Solo PF or mythos? lol I know they did ANH long ago in a warehouse far far away and they did him on the slab in PF, but how about a Bespin or ROTJ one. Come on! Need someone to pair with my Chewie.

This is now "low quantity" according to Sideshow's newsletter, but I don't know if I believe that after Kenobi and Vader Mythos went back up for order after being sold out recently, and Fett now opening up the waitlist. Who really knows what to believe from Sideshow when it comes to their Mythos line.

This is now "low quantity" according to Sideshow's newsletter, but I don't know if I believe that after Kenobi and Vader Mythos went back up for order after being sold out recently, and Fett now opening up the waitlist. Who really knows what to believe from Sideshow when it comes to their Mythos line.

Well Maul was early on wasn't he? I think its a pretty safe bet they made his full run, same as the Gammy. I am guessing Vader/Fett/Obi were batch shipping, and between problems and slow sales, thats why they pulled the plug on those. Plus Maul has always been available and never went to low quantity/fake sellout status. Is Fett back up on WL, or did it never close?

If you were waiting on Maul, now is the time. Seems like alot of second chances with the Mythos. Now or never.

Well Maul was early on wasn't he? I think its a pretty safe bet they made his full run, same as the Gammy. I am guessing Vader/Fett/Obi were batch shipping, and between problems and slow sales, thats why they pulled the plug on those. Plus Maul has always been available and never went to low quantity/fake sellout status. Is Fett back up on WL, or did it never close?

If you were waiting on Maul, now is the time. Seems like alot of second chances with the Mythos. Now or never.

Yeah Maul was early on. I don't think Maul ever sold out but he did have at least 2 batches. I remember last summer after people started receiving Maul he went from in-stock to pre-order for a couple of months. I would have thought Obi-Wan would have been all gone though as well and he came back, so who knows whats really gone or not. Now that I think about it I think Fetts WL never closed.

But anyways I have Maul and he is freaking awesome, so if anyone is on the fence they should order him before he's gone. This whole Mythos line will probably be worth a fortune on eBay once they are gone for good.

Just one more month of Flexpay before this guy is mine! I couldn't swing Obi, and hopefully my Fett waitlist converts, even though I had Fett before, but Vader was always my favorite out of the Mythos besides Fett

I just bought new bestas with mirror backings and setup maul all by himself. I have to say that I fricking love this statue more than I ever have now. If you are able to display him with his lightsabers on and good lighting on him, he looks fantastic.

Well I've Obi Wan on order and I need a bad guy to go with him. I think I might go with Maul because he's the least exspensive.

Another option would be the 1:5 Tusken Raider from Attakus which goes for few bucks these days as well. The display always reminds me of this great Carre Artwork.
3.jpg

Another option would be the 1:5 Tusken Raider from Attakus which goes for few bucks these days as well. The display always reminds me of this great Carre Artwork.
3.jpg

That would make more sense than Maul. I wasn't aware of Attakus. What is their quility like? I was thinking of just pairing the new Vader PF with him, but Vader might look a little too big. Thanks for the idea.

Agree, I wouldn't pair him with the next vader - this won't match because of the different scale, though the mythos statues aren't small as well.
Besides of human faces Attakus is doing a really great job. The Tusken Raider, the Jawa or the G. Guard are one of the(ir) bests and match perfect with the mythos line (if you can live with the different bases).
The first Vader Attakus statue is also called as the best Vader statue out there from many collectors - but this statue is hard to find and pretty expensive nowadays.

What do you think the chances are they perfect the orange spray for this batch? Maybe the second batch will be perfect! :) I can only hope.

Back