Darth Maul – STAR WARS Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Darth Vader (Mythos) Statue

With the re-production of Vader I wonder how many other SS statues never met their full production. Hard to believe the Batman PF will sellout. Maybe SS wants ppl to believe they are selling "x" amount of statues when in reality they are not. Why give up on Vader unless is was a mistake or something.

Instead of pre-ordering in the new batch, I snagged one of the last in stock locally.
Arrived today (big box!) with everything in perfect condition. Checked the fist arm quickly. :wink1:
Had a nice time swapping parts, I like the fist arm more than I thought (also works nicely with younger Anakin head as that is more angry). Simple, but very Vader'sque. Lightsaber pose is my least favourite look, but not bad in any way. For now I will display him in his helmet-holding pose as that is the most unique one, the focus of this piece and has the most 'life'.
Really glad in the end I purchased him, very nice looking statue in hand. Now the long wait until my pre-order for Ben comes in.

P1030500.JPG
P1030506.JPG
P1030508.JPG
P1030510.JPG
P1030511.JPG
P1030504.JPG
P1030509.JPG
P1030513.JPG

^ Congrats on picking him up. A very nice statue and will pair great with Kenobi when you get him.

Thx. Only bad part about having Vader is I want Ben now! :)
I might get flamed for this, but I am hoping Boba comes in for pre-order here too.

I might get flamed for this, but I am hoping Boba comes in for pre-order here too.

I don't think they made as many boba's so probably not but you never know.

The paint job seem to be nice on this one, not too much orange on the helmet and robe just enough from what I see
Good for you

I don't think anyone would flame you for wanting to get ahold of a great statue. The people angry are angry at Sideshow, and I think justifiably if someone spent hundreds of dollars more than they had to on a statue because Sideshow hadn't made up their minds if they wanted to make the entire run advertised yet. If anything everyone would be happy for you!

And Ben is the only Mythos I will be getting. I pre ordered him from a UK retailer to ship here into the US when they get the new batch later this year.

Instead of pre-ordering in the new batch, I snagged one of the last in stock locally.
Arrived today (big box!) with everything in perfect condition. Checked the fist arm quickly. :wink1:
Had a nice time swapping parts, I like the fist arm more than I thought (also works nicely with younger Anakin head as that is more angry). Simple, but very Vader'sque. Lightsaber pose is my least favourite look, but not bad in any way. For now I will display him in his helmet-holding pose as that is the most unique one, the focus of this piece and has the most 'life'.
Really glad in the end I purchased him, very nice looking statue in hand. Now the long wait until my pre-order for Ben comes in.

View attachment 108454
View attachment 108455
View attachment 108456
View attachment 108457
View attachment 108458
View attachment 108459
View attachment 108460
View attachment 108461

congratulations! your helmet seems to have less yellow on it than mine.

Just preordered this like a ****ing boss!

Weren't you not going to get any in this line or was that Fury? ;)

Now that the new PF's been announced I wonder if it's going to affect sales of this one.

Weren't you not going to get any in this line or was that Fury? ;)

Now that the new PF's been announced I wonder if it's going to affect sales of this one.

Of course it will, some will be torn on which one to get but for me this 1/4 scale is amazing, and with the diff. poses you really cant go wrong. I mean him looking at his helmet, priceless. Its what sold me when I first saw it 2 years ago.

Of course it will, some will be torn on which one to get but for me this 1/4 scale is amazing, and with the diff. poses you really cant go wrong. I mean him looking at his helmet, priceless. Its what sold me when I first saw it 2 years ago.

Mythos is 1/5 scale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mythos is undoubtedly 1/5 scale, but they are on large bases and Kenobi and Vader have large flowing capes making them appear larger.

I think buying directly from SS will work out cheaper than popculture. Only by a few $$$ but still cheaper

I think buying directly from SS will work out cheaper than popculture. Only by a few $$$ but still cheaper

Works out to be:

459.97 USD = 491.661 AUD
US Dollar ↔ Australian Dollar

Popcultcha would be better, just in case I get gipped with custom fees from SS.

Works out to be:

459.97 USD = 491.661 AUD
US Dollar ↔ Australian Dollar

Popcultcha would be better, just in case I get gipped with custom fees from SS.

We don't get custom fees in Australia unless the product being imported is over $1000

I order all my statues directly from SS unless over $1000.... I find that if there is any issues with the Statue it's much easier to deal with SS directly rather than dealing with a retailer who then deals with SS.... just cuts out the middle man and saves time....

You also get reward points with SS

Should I buy this.... I have Obi coming, and Fett and Maul already. I never loved peoples pics of him. Some promo pics looked great. It's so hard to decide whether or not to drop 400 bucks...

Do you think there is or will be any other Vader Statue that you will like more than this one ?

Should I buy this.... I have Obi coming, and Fett and Maul already. I never loved peoples pics of him. Some promo pics looked great. It's so hard to decide whether or not to drop 400 bucks...

Back