Premium Format Darth Malgus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks...bought it that way off ebay for a good price a year or so ago. Lightsabers were listed as kind of working and they did on and off for a while but eventually died.

The chicken leg maul is so cool. One of my best PF I liked. The original orange was so weird. I prefer red instead. My saber had the same issue. It does light up after a few hours of playing with it. It takes a lot of messing around to fully bring it back on. It links for hrs before it comes on full.

The chicken leg maul is so cool. One of my best PF I liked. The original orange was so weird. I prefer red instead. My saber had the same issue. It does light up after a few hours of playing with it. It takes a lot of messing around to fully bring it back on. It links for hrs before it comes on full.

Yep same with mine till it died. think it was the first one that had the newish type saber...plus it has two blades so maybe SS didn't get it quite right...I've read alot of the same problems with it.

Yep same with mine till it died. think it was the first one that had the newish type saber...plus it has two blades so maybe SS didn't get it quite right...I've read alot of the same problems with it.

Still wonder why ss don't sell parts for sabers that is almost gurantee to go out just from time. Might as well get rid of this feature. otherwise some will consider a saber not working a broken statue.

Last edited:
Yeah. They could make the sabers so they plug in the hand and aren't part of the hand so they could sell replacements...maybe it's some licensing verbiage of why they can't but if not seems like they are leaving a lot of money on the table.

Last edited:
Yeah. They could make the sabers so they plug in the hand and aren't part of the hand so they could sell replacements...maybe it's some licensing verbiage of why they can't but if not seems like they are leaving a lot of money on the table.

Great idea! Would be smart for a character who donned multiple colored lightsabers. Maybe the ex is another color lightsabers. Makes sense.

Thanks...bought it that way off ebay for a good price a year or so ago. Lightsabers were listed as kind of working and they did on and off for a while but eventually died.

Well with 2 blades, it might cost double. Since what he does is to replace the light bulbs on each one, but that in itself involves some melding work to get the initial bulb out in the first place etc. I'm a noobie at all this, but that's the main gist of it as far as I can tell.

Now my only issue with my Malgus is the clean break in the leg that has the wires in them. Common problem I've heard, and it looks perfectly fine otherwise, but still an annoyance if you need to move it around. Especially since I can't fit him into a detolf... thinking of moving him to another shelf that I'll try to customize a bit. Such a wide pose.

Well with 2 blades, it might cost double. Since what he does is to replace the light bulbs on each one, but that in itself involves some melding work to get the initial bulb out in the first place etc. I'm a noobie at all this, but that's the main gist of it as far as I can tell.

Now my only issue with my Malgus is the clean break in the leg that has the wires in them. Common problem I've heard, and it looks perfectly fine otherwise, but still an annoyance if you need to move it around. Especially since I can't fit him into a detolf... thinking of moving him to another shelf that I'll try to customize a bit. Such a wide pose.

Wide pose? This one is tiny compare to Wonder Woman with the spear. :lol she won't even fit on my open heavy duty Home Depot racks.

Wide pose? This one is tiny compare to Wonder Woman with the spear. :lol she won't even fit on my open heavy duty Home Depot racks.

WW is super-wide, especially with the long spear. Malgus is wide, yes still manageable, but the fragility of the lightsaber makes it even more of a hassle to take care of. One freak accident is all it takes to send that glowing saber into darkness and oblivion. It happened to me, and as far as I've read so far, it's happened to lots of people as well.

I have this statue but its been boxed up since I got it. The lights and saber were working when I stored it but who knows how long they will last. This is why I hate light up features of statues and figures. Its a matter of when and not if it will stop working. As long as fools keep calling for light up features companies will continue to include it while not making it serviceable.

I have this statue but its been boxed up since I got it. The lights and saber were working when I stored it but who knows how long they will last. This is why I hate light up features of statues and figures. Its a matter of when and not if it will stop working. As long as fools keep calling for light up features companies will continue to include it while not making it serviceable.
They don't go bad in the box, what are you talking about:lol. Still can't understand this argument, if you don't care about the lights don't turn them on. Light ups are a must for these IMO, a member here is selling replacement blades now so no issues there.

Hm... there's one on the bay going for cheap cos of the lightsaber issue, and I have an extra Saber (got mine fixed and then SS sent me another one at a rather high price which they claim was all shipping) so, I was intending to try getting this, see if I liked the exclusive head, and if I didn't then I'd just pass it on to someone else with a proper saber intact anyway.

The only problem would be bringing it with me from Europe to Asia, that box size and weight is just scary...

the ex is fantastic and I have him displayed with the ex head

Is the exclusive head worth the effort?

Heck yeah! The ex head is really awesome! I switch them both around every few days. This ex head is not one of those COH that only sits around. He looks great with either head. So it's very well worth the ex head for sure on this one. I think this one is ex or fail because of the superb extra COH option. The reg looks great as well but both heads is needed for him in my opinion. :wave

Back