Premium Format Darth Malgus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
strange thing is.. that it lights up complete for a quick moment when I turn it off... I sent this video to SSC:

https://youtu.be/MIJd61faT0w

hi myc have u tryed terminal cleaner sideshow recommended it for my cyborg i had issues with the lightsaber it only works when i hav sprayed the terminal cleaner in the arm connection and doesnt work when the cleaner has dryed up hope this helps ,jay:wave

darthjay, what is this terminal cleaner? Is there an amazon link to the exact product you are talking about?

hi myc have u tryed terminal cleaner sideshow recommended it for my cyborg i had issues with the lightsaber it only works when i hav sprayed the terminal cleaner in the arm connection and doesnt work when the cleaner has dryed up hope this helps ,jay:wave

Hi there.. never heard about this.. never tried.. but I really dont like the idea to make it work only if I have to spray something on it... really not for almost $400 !!

Yup. This thing should work out of the box, without the consumer having to alter, mod, or clean anything. That's what QC is for.

I still think there is a problem with the switches chosen by sideshow for recent pfs. I have green lantern, shaak and Malgus. All have the same push switch and run with batteries. All of mine have electrical problems when switching on. Currently GL and magus act like the above and shaak takes a few switches to turn on. Customer support has varied. Clean the contacts advice for GL, a replacement base for shaak and a 50dollar voucher for malgus... As the bases have run out. Personally if I had the know how to replace the switch with a rocker switch I would.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

My Ex head had 4 black spots on it and they are saying they have no replacement Ex heads. I need to decide if I want to return the entire statue. I already had to return Galactus and now this crap.

Man that sucks! I don't recall a bunch of complaints about the heads. As a matter of fact I don't think I've heard one complaint. How are they out of heads already? What the hell is SSC doing?

I still think there is a problem with the switches chosen by sideshow for recent pfs. I have green lantern, shaak and Malgus. All have the same push switch and run with batteries. All of mine have electrical problems when switching on. Currently GL and magus act like the above and shaak takes a few switches to turn on. Customer support has varied. Clean the contacts advice for GL, a replacement base for shaak and a 50dollar voucher for malgus... As the bases have run out. Personally if I had the know how to replace the switch with a rocker switch I would.

I've got the same problem with my Malgus which is that it takes a few tries before the saber actually ignites. Have you found a way to fix it to where it ever turns on without any problems or does it act that way every time? I too have contacted SS and they tell me there are no replacement sabers available so I got the $50 voucher offered to me. Still trying to decide what I should do. :(

My Ex head had 4 black spots on it and they are saying they have no replacement Ex heads. I need to decide if I want to return the entire statue. I already had to return Galactus and now this crap.

Damn, that sucks.
Sorry to hear.

My advice is to keep it.

Perhaps, sometime down the line, you might come across someone skilled enough to do a touch-up job on it. That shouldn't cost very much.

I've got the same problem with my Malgus which is that it takes a few tries before the saber actually ignites. Have you found a way to fix it to where it ever turns on without any problems or does it act that way every time? I too have contacted SS and they tell me there are no replacement sabers available so I got the $50 voucher offered to me. Still trying to decide what I should do. :(

I took the 50 dollar voucher as I hardly turn on the electrical features of my statue generally and I can still show people what he looks like. It is interesting how they have already run out of the electrical components.

Man that sucks! I don't recall a bunch of complaints about the heads. As a matter of fact I don't think I've heard one complaint. How are they out of heads already? What the hell is SSC doing?

My exclusive head had a chipped ear but I got a replacement from Sideshow. I reported my chipped head the day I got my statue and received a replacement about a week later.

My exclusive head had a chipped ear but I got a replacement from Sideshow. I reported my chipped head the day I got my statue and received a replacement about a week later.

I think the sooner you do it your chances of getting a replacement are better.

Wonder how many other people here are having problems with the saber?

I think the sooner you do it your chances of getting a replacement are better.

What is pissing me off is they are trying to tell me its just variations in the paint job. They might not actually be out of replacement heads in my case. It could just be a case of them deciding I am being too picky.

Huge problems also on my end.. I have the feeling this piece light ups is pretty fragile.. maybe it has something to do that on this piece are several lights... not sure..

What is pissing me off is they are trying to tell me its just variations in the paint job. They might not actually be out of replacement heads in my case. It could just be a case of them deciding I am being too picky.

I hear ya bro.
They also have an escape clause that they like to use once in a while. It goes something like this:

"We've looked through our inventory and we do not have a replacement that is better than the one you have now."

:rotfl

Some members here have received that email. True story.

Did anyone else get the email this morning that states, "Darth Malgus Now Shipping!"?

Whoever sent that email was probably on vacation.

Back