Darren Carnall's creative corner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: hunky_artist's artistic creations!

hunky_artist said:
but I don't mind 'cause I'm learning tons doing this, which will be good for when I sculpt my own heads from scratch (I'm desperate to do sixth scale General Zod, Ursa and Non fromSuperman II.... we'll see) ;)

My heart just skipped a beat right there...I would love to have Donner Superman figures on my shelves.

Um yeah! If you come up with those three villain heads, you'd best start a list....and put me on it for a set! :D I want them big time now that I have seen my Donner cut DVD!

Les, with your skills you should have no problem putting them together. Mine are mid way but are consisting of the Hasbro Terence Stamp, Toy Biz comic Punisher and N2 Matrix Trinity heads.

Any chance you'll do Reeve's sculpt as well? I'd love to get a whole set from the Reeve Superman films; Clark, Supes, Lois, Zod, hell I'd even buy a Martha Kent head. :monkey5

if I do them after my initial batch of casts and commissions, then yeah... I'd be doing the whole lot (and the more I think about it the more I want to do it..... we'll see) :)

Consider me signed up already! I can't wait!!

well.... Christmas is over, and New Year almost gone too. So in a few days I'll finally be able to get back to making some faultless, primed and ready to go Anakin and Obi-Wan casts.

I've allocated the first one of each to myself (seems only fair enough) and I've just put on the coat of primer on each so I can be painting them inbetween working on the casts that people have asked for.

Can't wait to 1) have Anakin and Obi-Wan back on my shelves again (feels like forever since i had them to look at..... and 2) see just what they look like fully painted up with the new sculpts

I think once mine are done and painted, I'd love to see how they would look if painted by some of the other talented painters on the board. I'd find that really fascinating.. I always love seeing alternate takes on a repaint by different people. They always look so different, I love looking at them. And seeing my sculpts painted by others would be even more interesting to me.

I have some smaller scale Star Trek and Stargate sculpts/paints to do after these, and then a Star Trek bridge console that I've been promising myself (and others) I would build and cast for a while.... but then after that I think I'll dive into my first sculpt from scratch. I've pretty much decided who I want to do (collecting reference material as I speak)

"kneel before Zod......." :cool:

I'm giddy, really though I am. :D

Sounds like you got quite the creative year coming Hunky.
We'll be watching with great antici......pation! :D

I might be interested in your ObiWan head, as I never got the SS figure. Your's looks very cool indeed. I'd love to paint it at any rate.

BTW, I wish you'd do a nice 1/6 Dr McCoy headsculpt. He's all I need for my 12" set! :cool:

Awesome to hear HA.... I'm very excited to see what you do... The sculpts so far have been amazing and I would love to see your take on Zod and the others. :rock

just copies of some pics I put in another thread. Nothing new, just keeping duplicates of stuff in here :)

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

new3.jpg

new4.jpg

Wow.

That is an awesome looking Aragorn!

thanks guys :)

sorry for the hit and run here, i'm just up to my eyeballs trying to get stuff sent out before I get on with commmissions i've had lined up for months... so i havent been posting much in the forums the last few weeks. This is just a copy of the pics I put in the SW Anakin thread. Hopefuly I'll be able to join in conversation again on here at some point :lol

next to a standard sith head for comparison

newpainted1.jpg

newpainted2.jpg

newpainted3.jpg

newpainted4.jpg

newpainted5.jpg

Man, that is SWEET!! Great work HA..... That Anakin is miles away from the regular, love it! And nice pics of Aragorn.... Could not imagine a better looking Aragorn if I tried, fantastic likeness... :bow

Yeah, those look GREAT HA!
Very cool addendum to that Anakin! Amazing even. He looks MUCH more spot on now structurewise. Nods to the original sculpt of course...
And that Aragorn is amazing too!
Top work! Top!

Looking forward to painting these, HA. Just beautiful work on an already excellent sculpt!

woohoo, finally got this back together again. It hasn't been 'futzed' with properly yet, I may do some stitching on the costume, and I havent glued the head on or glossed the eyes, but for now... it's just great to have my Anakin figure back on my shelf. I've missed the fella. It was one of those moments that made all tke work worthwhile.... just looking at it put together again.

The first few of these should be going out today or tomorrow (for those waiting), otherwise, here's a few snaps (some are quite close so may look distorted)

can't WAIT to have Obi-Wan standing next to him now!!

finished1.jpg

finished2.jpg

finished3.jpg

finished4.jpg

finished5.jpg

Back