Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WmYeac7.jpg

Nice. Thanks again for the pic! As much as I wanted to, I couldn't pull the trigger to have him early. I just got slammed with Christmas. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Thanks again for the pic! As much as I wanted to, I couldn't pull the trigger to have him early. I just got slammed with Christmas. :(

NP...Once you get him i hope you like him..I think you will :) Merry Christmas!

NP...Once you get him i hope you like him..I think you will :) Merry Christmas!

Thanks buddy! Merry Christmas to you as well! Im hoping SS doesn't crush my Christmas spirits with their Bane and Carnage reveals. :lol

What's the verdict? How do you like it?

Very much! the skin effect is great, and pretty clean paint overall. Maybe a little taller would be better but the height is ok as is. Hard to decide between the two faces for display - might keep both out and swap from time to time.

Very much! the skin effect is great, and pretty clean paint overall. Maybe a little taller would be better but the height is ok as is. Hard to decide between the two faces for display - might keep both out and swap from time to time.

Exactly what I'm doing..I can't decide.

Glad to hear you like it. I'll definitely keep both portraits out and switch them up from time to time since I like both of them. I do that with quite a few of my statues.

Early delivery scheduled for today! :panic: :yess: :panic:

Lucky you getting both Deathstroke and Darkseid for Christmas! Congrats! Unfortunately, I have to wait until after the holidays to get my toys. :(

Lucky you getting both Deathstroke and Darkseid for Christmas! Congrats! Unfortunately, I have to wait until after the holidays to get my toys. :(

Yeah, I'm super excited to have both arrive before the Holidays. However, I can promise you that Deathstroke is worth the wait. I envy the feeling you'll have receiving that piece. It's a feeling of pure joy when you unbox him and put him together. I'll post my thoughts on Darkseid later today but I can't see myself being disappointed with him based off the pics we've seen so far.

The Lord of Apokolips has arrived. I just unboxed this bad boy and put him together. Here are some quick thoughts......

I think he looks GREAT! Paint apps are clean, pose is totally spot on for the regal looking Darkseid, and the sculpt looks fantastic. Seriously, you put this bad boy on a shelf and he looks very menacing and imposing. The EX portrait also looks killer on this piece. There are a lot of positives to take out of this PF.

Now, here are some little nitpick things I noticed as well. This is a pretty light statue. For some of you that isn't even an issue. For some it is. I will say this...think Apocalypse PF when talking about Darkseid. They are manufactured very similarly. Both heads are as light as feathers. The base is also pretty light. The figure itself though, has some nice heft to it. Take this as you will. As I said before, some don't care at all about how much a statue weighs and for some it is a direct link to the quality of a piece. OK, so I said my paint apps were great, and they were. However. it certainly seemed like this piece was a rush job (probably because of all the batches SSC rejected thus putting this PF way behind schedule). Let me explain this. The paint apps on the figure and base looks great but it looks like the factory was in such a hurry to pump these out, it painted everything on this piece including all the magnets. So, the magnets connecting the arms, all painted over blue. The magnets connecting both portraits, painted over blue. One of my arms and both of my portraits fit loosely because of this. However, it was an easy fix for me. I used a combination of a flat head screw driver and my finger nail to scrape off all the paint on the magnets and my issues were all resolved. So much so that when I put his right hand on, I heard a slight crack. When I pulled the right arm off, I noticed the magnet popped out of the socket and was attached to the right arm. I guess I don't have to worry about a weak connection on that arm anymore since the connection was so strong it pulled the magnet out. :lol Anyway, that was a super easy fix. I super glued the magnet back in place and waited for it to dry. Everything is perfect now.

Some peeps are disappointed by the overall size of this PF. I'm definitely not one of them. I much prefer the Kirby/Giffen old school look to Darkseid. Back in the day Darkseid was portrayed as a larger sized man but in recent years he's ballooned to the size of a house with an attached garage. I'm digging this Darkseid as is since I like the older interpretation of the character.

So, overall I'm very pleased with the Darkseid PF. It really does hit all the right notes with me.

Last edited:
So Darkseid arrived this afternoon. It's a nice piece, not great, but decent. The base is hollow. I almost felt like I might puncture it. I'm not quite sure what look they were going for with the lava but it does the job so it gets a pass. The paint apps on the body are simple but it's an adequate effort. Nothing earth shattering regarding the paints overall. Then again, to be fair, it's a simple looking costume. One of the magnets on the forearms barely work so there's this noticeable gap between the body and the forearm. I'll be contacting Sideshow for a replacement. Too bad though. I was hoping to review this piece for the forum. I really wanted to love this one. The scale could be better too. It should have been a taller piece. While the piece has presence, there's still a feeling of "what could have been". In the end, it's an okay effort.

My first thought though was that this was not worth $600. I'm not quite sure where all the money was spent. If this is what $600 is going to get us moving forward... Yikes.

Last edited:
So Darkseid arrived this afternoon. It's a nice piece, not great, but decent. The base is hollow. I almost felt like I might puncture it. I'm not quite sure what look they were going for with the lava but it does the job so it gets a pass. The paint apps on the body are simple but it's an adequate effort. Nothing earth shattering regarding the paints overall. Then again, to be fair, it's a simple looking costume. One of the magnets on the forearms barely work so there's this noticeable gap between the body and the forearm. I'll be contacting Sideshow for a replacement. Too bad though. I was hoping to review this piece for the forum. I really wanted to love this one. The scale could be better too. It should have been a taller piece. While the piece has presence, there's still a feeling of "what could have been". In the end, it's an okay effort.

My first thought though was that this was not worth $600. I'm not quite sure where all the money was spent. If this is what $600 is going to get us moving forward... Yikes.

I have to agree with you 100% on the price. There's no justifiable reason for this to cost $600. He's big but not HULK or Apocalypse big. This is a $500 to $550 piece tops for when it went up for PO. It's definitely overpriced but I do still like it. I have him displayed right next to Supes and he has way more girth on him than Supes does. I think they display really well together.

^^^ Agreed, while it's great looking and the paint apps are solid, this isn't a $600 piece based on complexity, size or details. It's $600 purely because it's the only Darkseid 1/4 currently on the market LOL!!

Just got him!! I really like his presence and his size. I was worried about his size, but not anymore after seeing him besides the others.

IMG_4139_0937_zpsmgn2b9gp.jpg

IMG_4142_0939_zpsaiywjevz.jpg

IMG_4143_0940_zpsltjbqayd.jpg

IMG_4141_0938_zpshmmf723i.jpg

IMG_4144_0941_zpssjbhuzs2.jpg

Nice pics Ross! He's definitely a beast next to Superman. I'm thinking about cutting my collection down to just Superman and his rogue gallery...do you think I should keep my Lobo?

Back