Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the cracks.

Attachments

• DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 332
That had to be a defective, cracked base straight from the China factory. They didn't even bother to discard it, they just packed it up for an unsuspecting collector. Some angry disgruntled worker no doubt.

Congrats! I did a double take because I thought that there was a gap in the base that made it look like pac-man. :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received mine a few days ago and I will say that I was a bit let down by it after waiting for so long. There are some cheap aspects to the statue such as how really light the base and the portraits feel. I weighed the entire statue at 15.8 lbs with the base alone at 5.6 lbs. It made me think whether Darkseid was originally intended to have light-up features on the base or eyes. I almost dropped the right forearm because the magnet came off when I put it on. It's so similar to the Apoc PF except for one thing. The QC is pretty damn good on this piece. Granted, it is a pretty uncomplicated and basic statue, but most of the paint apps are pretty spot on on the base and the body. The factory did a good job with shading on the suit and helmet with dark blues to break up the outfit. Pablo's sculpt is incredible! I did spot a couple of imperfections around the face and teeth, but for the most part the QC is good. The body is has a good weight to it and the statue itself does have a certain presence. So It definitely not shelf padding. The moment I put him beside Supes....when I first did that I realized that it's a great companion piece for the Superman PF. They look awesome together! Looks good with Wonder Woman and even the hulk-ish Batman. I grew up with the Super Powers cartoon and his portrayal by Michael Ironside in STAS is my definitive Darkseid. So I had to have this piece. He was a shade taller than Superman, so I didn't have any problem with him in terms of size. He's just a hair under 25 1/2" high.

All in all, while I do think Darkseid is overpriced I think he is a solid piece. But I would recommend waiting for a discount to get more bang for you buck. I would have liked to have seen either some Jack Kirby art for the art box, an Omega Beam effect of pliable pvc or light up eyes and base, or switch out arms for his iconic hands behind his back boss pose to justify the high price point. But I will say that he is a must have if you have the Trinity (especially Superman) and aren't willing to invest in the LOD. Heck, he is a teambuster so he'll fit right in with the classical themed JLA lineup.
DSC_6630_zpsd09qvlps.jpg

DSC_6657_zpsf3ouy6gp.jpg

DSC_6666_zpss9wszefx.jpg

DSC_6696_zpszb8bb2rx.jpg

DSC_6693_zpsyaavo5br.jpg

DSC_6663_zpsqvblgbtw.jpg

Last edited:
I got it in already but haven't had a chance to open it up yet. I'm going to try to do it tonight along with Red Sonja.

Nice! You should probably open Darkseid first. You'll appreciate him more than if you unbox Red first. You're likely setting yourself up for disappointment if you do that judging by everyone's pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back