Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics Ross! He's definitely a beast next to Superman. I'm thinking about cutting my collection down to just Superman and his rogue gallery...do you think I should keep my Lobo?

Thanks!!! I'm personally debating wether to keep Lobo or to sell him just cause I'm not attached to the character, but if you are focusing on Supes and his villains then I recommend keeping him. At the end it's all up to you of course :)

Thanks!!! I'm personally debating wether to keep Lobo or to sell him just cause I'm not attached to the character, but if you are focusing on Supes and his villains then I recommend keeping him. At the end it's all up to you of course :)

True. I'll probably hang onto him for now since the Superman villains are severely lacking at the moment.

Just got him!! I really like his presence and his size. I was worried about his size, but not anymore after seeing him besides the others.

IMG_4139_0937_zpsmgn2b9gp.jpg

IMG_4142_0939_zpsaiywjevz.jpg

IMG_4143_0940_zpsltjbqayd.jpg

IMG_4141_0938_zpshmmf723i.jpg

IMG_4144_0941_zpssjbhuzs2.jpg

Lobo looks bigger than Darkseid. I thought Darkseid was supposed to be bigger than Lobo.

Lobo looks bigger than Darkseid. I thought Darkseid was supposed to be bigger than Lobo.

I actually measured both Darkseid and Lobo, height is 21" for both, Darkseid's thigh is 3" and Lobo's is 2.5", Darkseid's bicep around 2.5" and Lobo's flexed one is almost 3". Waist almost identical.

Keep in mind that Darkseid is leaning forward with his head down, so he would be around 22.5" standing straight up which equals to 7'6" (Darkseid "actual" classic height)

I think we might be able to lay some fears to rest with some of these pics:

Pic 1: Here we see Darkseid displayed alongside Superman. While Darkseid does not dwarf Superman as some hoped he would, he's clearly the larger character of the two. My thinking is that what this piece needed was a taller base. It would have better accentuated Darkseid`s height.

comp2.jpg

Pic 2: Here we see Darkseid resting atop my lazy Susan (the rotating platform I use to review sculpts). This actually looks really good. The scale seems better here as Darkseid`s step now appears more in line with Superman. I think I may opt to get something to display underneath Darkseid. I prefer this height to him beside Superman. Darkseid needs to appear imposing, intimidating, and threatening. Making Superman looks small in comparison is part of the show.

comp3.jpg

Pic 3: Superman displayed alongside XM Thanos. I think this is the size some fans might have hoped Darkseid would be, or something resembling it. However, if you place an additional base underneath Darkseid, it may suffice what your eye wants to see.

comp1.jpg

Pic 4 + 5: Darkseid on an additional base and not, next to XM Thanos. Darkseid looks leaner, smaller - but not to the point where Thanos dwarfs Darkseid. I think adding height to Darkseid`s base will make enough difference for anyone with an issue with the Darkseid.

comp4.jpg

comp5.jpg

Got mine and the base part has multiple cracks and a tiny piece broke off. Hope I get a replacement part.

Oh my! Do you think the cracks were caused by the thinness of the base? Any pics?

I sent in a request for a replacement piece as well. One of my magnets had an issue which created noticeable gaps in the assembly. Hopefully, SS will take care of it. At today's prices of $600 for a PF, I'm not settling for anything less than what I believed I paid for. Nor should anyone. :)

Last edited:
Oh my! Do you think the cracks were caused by the thinness of the base? Any pics?

I sent in a request for a replacement piece as well. One of my magnets had an issue which created noticeable gaps in the assembly. Hopefully, SS will take care of it. At today's prices of $600 for a PF, I'm not settling for anything less than what I believed I paid for. Nor should anyone. :)

It's the part that attaches to the base that has cracks not the base itself. Magnets on the hands and heads on mine are weak too.

Back