Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you sure that's an accurate size comparison? I hope Darkseid isn't that small.

View attachment 179490
And I thought it was bad comparing Darkseid size and price to Apocalypse.

Wow that's crazy, he can't be this small. Darksied is a big guy in the cartoons. I think if they bulk him up by 40 lbs it would still have worked out even if he was smaller. The thin weight on him just makes him look like a normal size guy. He should have been the same size as GH for sure.

Hulk's base is much bigger than Darkseid's base. So the center of Hulk's base is further up in the 2D image than Darkseid's is. So it is still a big difference but I think you made Darkseid too big now. I think based on the size of the bases I was slightly off in that Darkseid may be even bit smaller than I made him....slightly. I used actual inches in PS to size these and went from lowest part of base to top of sword on Hulk and top of head on Darkseid.

Did the same thing in Ps, but I did not use Darkseid's head. I used the hand.

doh.jpg

I need a D'oh too. I went off the measurements for Gladiator Hulk. That is 30 inches. King Hulk is 28 inches. Sorry. Here is the more exact comparison.
D'OH!!!darkseid and king hulk comparison.jpg
That looks a bit better

but your forgetting Hulk is so big you need to figure in its own personal shelf or display case, plus wood blocking for support...its more $$$ :dunno:confused::cuckoo:

I've seen plenty of pics of him in a Besta. Looks pretty good. They have a 66lb capacity, too. I just wouldn't put him on the top shelf. :lol

If the Darkseid piece was this type of pose. I would have gone for him. The one time a non-dynamic pose is called for, it's these grand, physically imposing characters. I get what SS is doing. But this pose of Darkseid, it fits him. He can't even be bothered by you.

If the Darkseid piece was this type of pose. I would have gone for him. The one time a non-dynamic pose is called for, it's these grand, physically imposing characters. I get what SS is doing. But this pose of Darkseid, it fits him. He can't even be bothered by you.

That pose wouldn't make a difference because this isn't a physically imposing statue, it is marginally bigger than batman, and that is the whole issue for me.

That pose wouldn't make a difference because this isn't a physically imposing statue, it is marginally bigger than batman, and that is the whole issue for me.

Oh I know. I'm just saying, a pose more this would have made me like the statue more. I still wouldn't buy at this price and size though. $100 less quite possibly.

He really looks plastic/pvc in the pictures. That is my big worry. I spend over $800, once conversion and shipping are taken care of, and I end up with another apocalypse hollow plastic bastard. I really like apocalypse, just felt a bit ripped off.

Aw, man ...for a minute there I thought this got bumped up because SSC made suggested changes and posted new pics.

Oh well ...

Back