Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! You should probably open Darkseid first. You'll appreciate him more than if you unbox Red first. You're likely setting yourself up for disappointment if you do that judging by everyone's pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol That's probably not a bad idea. Red Sonja looks amazing from all the pics I've seen.

Here are a couple of fresh-out-of-the-box pics along with The Trinity. EX #189 (Got on waitlist Dec 17, notified of conversion Jan. 5) I haven't seen pics of Darkseid with these three yet, so I thought it might be helpful for those of you on the fence.

Here are a couple of fresh-out-of-the-box pics along with The Trinity. EX #189 (Got on waitlist Dec 17, notified of conversion Jan. 5) I haven't seen pics of Darkseid with these three yet, so I thought it might be helpful for those of you on the fence.

that looks awesome!

Congrats on the pickup BDW! I've always loved your setup. I will see your Trinity pics with one of my own. I gotta admit that after my initial disappoint with Darkseid, I've grown to appreciate him a bit more. I think he's a grower. I can just picture Michael Ironseid's gravely voice everytime I look at him.

DSC_6700_zps6akg3whb.jpg

Opened my EX last night and am happy with it. The overall size is fine with me, and the base and paint turned out great.

Yeah, I think it's a nice looking piece. My only issue with it is the price. No way this piece should have been priced at $600 when it went up for PO. $500-$525 tops is what I think it should have went up for. Lobo was priced at $580 and had MM, a switch out flaming skull EX, and a switch out portrait. Even the Green Goblin PF is pretty much all sculpted and includes a 1/4 glider at $520. Given his size and standard switch out portrait, $600 felt overpriced for me personally. But hey, I had to have this and I'm very happy with how he turned out.

I was tinkering with my LED lights and thought he looked even more foreboding. Red from the bottom, blue from the top. They make his eyes seem to be glowing/lit up. Sorry, my phone doesn't take the best pics in this light.

Four problems: 1. Mold in the styrofoam. 2. Chip on the base. 3. Messed up eyes on the regular portrait. 4. Globes up paint on EX portrait's teeth on the left side of the mouth. The sculpt itself is great, but the paint is lacking. I still think he's awesome, but my love for Darkseid might leave my opinion biased.

Yuck! But I've seen worse. Someone had a dead spider and another had what looked like pubic hair on her Batgirl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't know the factory workers were old enough to have pubic hair. :)

Ba-dum Bum-Ching. :lol

Sweet set-up MCDS! I hear you about Darkseid. Though Sideshow played it a bit safe, I still really like it. But I think I'm biased as well.

Ba-dum Bum-Ching. :lol

Sweet set-up MCDS! I hear you about Darkseid. Though Sideshow played it a bit safe, I still really like it. But I think I'm biased as well.

Thanks! Great review! I may have been over critical on this piece. Besides the mold and the chip on the base I think this statue is epic. The paint looks a lot better in the right lighting.

Back