Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the comments under the video were telling of the attitude toward SS when it comes to the final product on a lot of pieces. I know I get more nervous than excited when I open a new statue.

Not everyone

:duff

Edit: reading through the comments it's really only 2-3 outspoken people that are choosing an artist profile to bash SS. People that expect to pay $400 for a statue and have it be immaculately hand painted. Do they even realize how much work it takes to hand paint the promo models? If SS had them expertly hand painted by their own staff people would just be complaining that the cost over $1,000. I'm not arguing that occasionally the qc couldn't be better, but I find a lot to be thankful for with AD and haven't had any serious issues with my statues, aside from a single instance that was promptly addressed.

Last edited:
Just like the base XM threw on Thanos?

XM changed the base to be part of his palace from the Infinity Gauntlet story line, but I think it was the 4th iteration of the base, and it cause a delay in his PO and a few others.

Not everyone

:duff

Edit: reading through the comments it's really only 2-3 outspoken people that are choosing an artist profile to bash SS. People that expect to pay $400 for a statue and have it be immaculately hand painted. Do they even realize how much work it takes to hand paint the promo models? If SS had them expertly hand painted by their own staff people would just be complaining that the cost over $1,000. I'm not arguing that occasionally the qc couldn't be better, but I find a lot to be thankful for with AD and haven't had any serious issues with my statues, aside from a single instance that was promptly addressed.

People are sometimes completely unrealistic in what they expect. However, SSC can get AMAZING pieces out there that are close to if not totally on par with the proto paint jobs, and it all depends which factories they use. They have an elite one which was responsible for the Superman comic PF, and King/Gladiator Hulk, which does work far and above some of their others. That factory happens to be the one used by XM as well so thos artists have been taught an entirely different skill set (when I say the paint job on Magneto is as good as anything I have ever seen I am not exaggerating). I do think that at times SSC needs to fly their master painters over to give a set of lessons for a particular piece or set of pieces. Especially, ones that are full sculpted with really complex skin tonal changes and the like, and maybe just maybe it MIGHT be worth it to have a set of painters available in the U.S. to do touch ups and improve the overall paint jobs on some of these, but that could be impossible with the sheer volume of SSC pieces that are produced. In the end I love SSC and they do great work, but some factories are better than others and I would love to see them address that.

People are sometimes completely unrealistic in what they expect. However, SSC can get AMAZING pieces out there that are close to if not totally on par with the proto paint jobs, and it all depends which factories they use. They have an elite one which was responsible for the Superman comic PF, and King/Gladiator Hulk, which does work far and above some of their others. That factory happens to be the one used by XM as well so thos artists have been taught an entirely different skill set (when I say the paint job on Magneto is as good as anything I have ever seen I am not exaggerating). I do think that at times SSC needs to fly their master painters over to give a set of lessons for a particular piece or set of pieces. Especially, ones that are full sculpted with really complex skin tonal changes and the like, and maybe just maybe it MIGHT be worth it to have a set of painters available in the U.S. to do touch ups and improve the overall paint jobs on some of these, but that could be impossible with the sheer volume of SSC pieces that are produced. In the end I love SSC and they do great work, but some factories are better than others and I would love to see them address that.

:goodpost:

Good information and points there.

:goodpost:

Good information and points there.

Let me be clear it isn't like SSC has designated that one factory as their elite one it simply grew to be that. It most likely happened in no small part thanks to the training the painters received from a master painter from XM who went to the factories to teach them.

They should've sent WW to their better factory.

aiKE0u6.gif

My Wonder Woman was near perfect except for a couple bleeds on the boot to skin lines and one of the fingers on the Ax hand. There are great Wonder Womsn paint aps out there.
I have one of those. Only "issue" is the right foot doesn't sit flush in the base.

Sideshow's record with the statues they've sent me lately has been 50/50

Good: Poison Ivy PF, Queen CoTD PF, Black Widow White Suit PF

Bad: Big Chap LSB (just one big mess--no replacement available), Catwoman PF (wonky-eyed HS--no replacement available), Wonder Woman PF (a mess but they're sending me a replacement)

My Wonder Woman was near perfect except for a couple bleeds on the boot to skin lines and one of the fingers on the Ax hand. There are great Wonder Womsn paint aps out there.

There are a lot of bad ones out there as well. It shouldn't be a lottery to get a good one.

Back