Darkseid Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Wonder Woman was near perfect except for a couple bleeds on the boot to skin lines and one of the fingers on the Ax hand. There are great Wonder Womsn paint aps out there.

I have to say mine was not perfect but it's not bad either. I sure am not giving up my favorite statue and risking a much worst replacement. I will contact ss on the shield when I get time next week. Still by far the best PF statue made to date in my opinion. So glad she was fully sculpted. Still can't see any variation of this can will not look similar to this first version at all.

Mine was perfect all together

Because you are a mod so you get perfect statues only :D one day when I'm a super mod I will too!

There are a lot of bad ones out there as well. It shouldn't be a lottery to get a good one.

Honestly you've got people returning these for minor paint bleeds though. I think some people inspect theirs with a microscope and if the smallest thing is out of place they want it replaced. That's not how Statues go, anyone collecting statues for a long time knows that.However I'll agree the eyes should be straight and knicks and damages should be taken care of, major paint issues should follow that. I think Sideshow should honestly handle returns/replacements in that kind of order instead of if you got one before everyone else and you've got a small paint bleed you get to use up their replacement stock first.

From the video:

View attachment 173933

View attachment 173934

Looking really good to me!

Now that is great 'old school' Sideshow! A beautiful, fully sculpted, beast of a statue. And of course the finely sculpted details easily push this statue to XM quality status, or rather, as past great SS offerings, ( Spidey, Venom , Carnage, Galactus, Deadpool, COTD line, Sinestrol,...etc...etc....etc). In fact, I actually prefer the Darkseid sculpt over XM's Thanos, overall sculpt & details wise.

So good for you SS, & great for us, if SS just keeps this level of quality with ALL future statues, provided that QC/paint apps are sound. Hoping this is the sign that SS has heard the collectors, has acknowledged XM's raising of the quality bar, & is now ready to reclaim their rightful place at the top of the heap.

How do you know it's fully sculpted lol

Watching the artist profile vid, seems like a fully sculpted work to me, or at least I'm hoping it is. Regardless, still looking like a killer sculpt.

apocalypse looks better so far (at least the repainted mod I received)

People are sometimes completely unrealistic in what they expect. However, SSC can get AMAZING pieces out there that are close to if not totally on par with the proto paint jobs, and it all depends which factories they use. They have an elite one which was responsible for the Superman comic PF, and King/Gladiator Hulk, which does work far and above some of their others. That factory happens to be the one used by XM as well so thos artists have been taught an entirely different skill set (when I say the paint job on Magneto is as good as anything I have ever seen I am not exaggerating). I do think that at times SSC needs to fly their master painters over to give a set of lessons for a particular piece or set of pieces. Especially, ones that are full sculpted with really complex skin tonal changes and the like, and maybe just maybe it MIGHT be worth it to have a set of painters available in the U.S. to do touch ups and improve the overall paint jobs on some of these, but that could be impossible with the sheer volume of SSC pieces that are produced. In the end I love SSC and they do great work, but some factories are better than others and I would love to see them address that.

Just curious... How do we know there is a Master factory and that Superman, Hulk, and XM pieces come out of that one... Just wondering were this info came from as it is not the first time I have read it.

CS Moore plainly said it at a convention years ago, factories have various grades for quality (A, B, C and so on) with pricings.
Recently Jerry from PCS said there are more or less a dozen good factories that they share with Sideshow, XM and the others, plus a few dozens of average/not very good other factories. XM stated since the beginning they are only dealing with the best factories around (which implies that there are better factories than others).
It's the typical "not so secret" secret that everyone knows.

Just curious... How do we know there is a Master factory and that Superman, Hulk, and XM pieces come out of that one... Just wondering were this info came from as it is not the first time I have read it.

A little bird who was in the factory told me about Superman, and if you look at some of the WIP pics from XM you can clearly see King and Gladiator in some of the background pics.

CS Moore plainly said it at a convention years ago, factories have various grades for quality (A, B, C and so on) with pricings.
Recently Jerry from PCS said there are more or less a dozen good factories that they share with Sideshow, XM and the others, plus a few dozens of average/not very good other factories. XM stated since the beginning they are only dealing with the best factories around (which implies that there are better factories than others).
It's the typical "not so secret" secret that everyone knows.

To my knowledge XM only uses ONE factory because they want to encourage those painters to stay and work for them. They actually pay them better than the going rate to do XM statues.

this Darkseid and Mr. Green's DC collection should be done for now...heheh

I was always planning to get Darkseid as my Superman villain but after realizing how much he is going to look like Apocalypse and Thanos I'm thinking of waiting for an armored lex or Doomsday. I would love em all but I got space constraints. At least I think I do. I just had an idea...what if I did get all the supe villians and display them behind him and make it look like they are in his trophy room in the fortress...:thud:

I was always planning to get Darkseid as my Superman villain but after realizing how much he is going to look like Apocalypse and Thanos I'm thinking of waiting for an armored lex or Doomsday. I would love em all but I got space constraints. At least I think I do. I just had an idea...what if I did get all the supe villians and display them behind him and make it look like they are in his trophy room in the fortress...:thud:

Or about to sneak up behind him and kick his ass :lol

Back