DarkArtist's End of the Line Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DarkArtist's Creations of DOOM!

Thanks guys! I will try to take some nice shots tomorrow with the whole group I am doing.. these pics don't show the color under the eyes or the depth in the skin. It's something I just can't stop looking at, really captured something there. And the eyes scream sadness and fury at the same time... I'm surprised it came out like that.

You're the master of the pissed off eyes. Tones and shading are gorgeous, especially around the eyes.

Damn! That really is one of the best I've seen.

Yet again you've shown us that not only can you make a figure come to life you have the ability to give them eyes that show emotion excellent work indeed.

Ron

More stuff coming soon, working on all kinds of stuff this week. But here is something I have been working on for a while... thought I would share. It's Jason from VIII... enjoy the sculpt.

DSCN4517.jpg

DSCN4518.jpg

DSCN4519.jpg

Josh, is that a wax sculpt, the material looks like it from those photos. Nice work.

Josh, is that a wax sculpt, the material looks like it from those photos. Nice work.

Thanks Sean! It's actually Sculpey. And this is my least favorite Jason face, as it was melting and had a mouth like a jack o lantern. :lol

But I'm happy with how it turned out. I used a whole bunch of reference to get it as close as possible.

You've really been on a creative roll lately. It's been a while since I've seen Jason Takes Manhattan, but it looks likes you nailed his melting from toxic waste look.

You've really been on a creative roll lately.

Agreed, but there is a pattern, the DarkArtist is touching upon darker subject matter. Having Josh do Luke Skywalkers and the likes is doable, he's talented and can do anything, but everytime he walks the dark side, he really shines in mind. When you can put yourself that extra bit into your work by connecting with the subject matter, the subconscious kicks in and something more comes out of you that you don't even expect or plan.

DAMN!!! I think you did an amazing job, Jason is INSTANTLY recognizable!!!!!

unmasked_part8.JPG

I cant wait to see him painted and on a body! Another outstanding job Josh!

Agreed, but there is a pattern, the DarkArtist is touching upon darker subject matter. Having Josh do Luke Skywalkers and the likes is doable, he's talented and can do anything, but everytime he walks the dark side, he really shines in mind. When you can put yourself that extra bit into your work by connecting with the subject matter, the subconscious kicks in and something more comes out of you that you don't even expect or plan.

Thanks Sean! It's funny how that seems to be my "thing". Les and I have talked at great length about that. When I go into that darker subject matter, somehow I always do my best work. I guess it's where my heart is...

And thank you all so much, this has been a bunch of fun. I went ahead and painted this sculpt up, just for kicks... and it was only a few layers of paint to do for him anyway...

DSCN4520.jpg

DSCN4523.jpg

DSCN4524.jpg

DSCN4526.jpg

awesome work!!! you are seriously improving by leaps and bounds by the day Josh! Every time I come to this site, there is something new and totally badass!

I'll have to keep that in mind... No more Leia's for Josh ! :banghead

LoL.

That's awesome man. Love the slime on the corner of the mouth. You're going to make a lot of people with incomplete Jason collections very happy.

holy crap man that is awesome!!! im not much of a friday 13th fan but that thing just reeks of awesomeness. cant wait to see it finished.

thats just spooky good. excellent work DA. must resist this line........:banghead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back