DarkArtist's End of the Line Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DarkArtist's Creations of DOOM!

Seriously, I can understand what Prog is saying, but I also think that Josh would be much more impressed with himself if he didn't back out of the whole thing. He is certainly welcome to, and he has full leeway to not finish my commission, but that's his decision. I won't presume to make it for him.

I understand what Prog is saying, it's a solid statement and truthful in some ways.

Personally, I like having the idea out there for those who have reached a breaking point on waiting and don't want to see how much longer they could have to wait. It's available to whoever would want to do that, with no whining from me on any level. I understand completely.

That said, there are a lot of items that are sooooo close to being ready. The Aayla, almost done. Remake Jasons, ALL almost done. Part 8 Jasons almost done, Indy PF heads almost done. And 90% of the head paints have skin tones on them and are waiting details. And the Conan PF I have here just needs eyes and blood.

So there is some hope. At least for around %40 of the work to be completed within the month, maybe by late Jan.

Where I am having very difficult setbacks are on a few things. The Ash project is having extreme difficulty. The Joker heads take a lot out of me, and as such have slowed down my work. Also, the kits I am working on require a level of concentration and dremel time that are insane... but I am dredging ahead on those items as I can. (my dremel is cordless and can't hold a damn charge more than 30 minutes :banghead)

This breakdown of the past few weeks was hard to handle but it was necessary. You guys needed to know where I was at, and I needed to face the situation for what it was. Now, looking at the work for what it is... I think I can some of it done and out of here soon. Thanks to the support of you guys here, I've gained a bit of my sanity back and will focus that into the work.

Big thank you to guys like Tnaig and Gekko for offering to help, I appreciate that. But I can't accept it. I'm selling some stuff, major items in my collection... to help pay whatever refunds are needed to whoever may want them. Besides, I couldn't put even more on my conscience. But it means a lot that it was offered.

Well, if the Jasons are really that close, I'll hold off and let it be 100% DA created. I mean, really... look at these!

dsc03429.jpg

dsc03430i.jpg

If it would spare you some time, I know I can drill the head and attach it myself. It's the painting and weathering I was concerned about doing on my own!

By the way - as a suggestion, is there a chance another customizer on the board could help with the Ash heads?

- J

Hi Josh,
I have one of those kits and I know that it must be a time consuming and frustrating project...especially since your dremel is not taking a charge well.

I was going to kick in some extra money for my Gladiator, since it is such a time consuming project. Would you prefer if I got you a new dremel instead? It would all cost about the same and it would make these kits easier for you to complete (for those who want to wait it out). Again, if this project is too much of a headache, I understand if you prefer to just be done with them. :)

It would be great if I could have a refund for the Ash figure, Christmas is coming and I could use it for the kids. Thanks Josh.

Josh, just a question, how long do you think the Ash will AT LEAST take from now on? Because if you haven't started on him yet, I'd prefera refund, but if it's like a 2/4 month or so wait from now, I wouldn't mind waiting! :)

I ordered it from you on Horrorbid about 8-9 months or so ago if I´m not mistaking :)

please let me know by PM or leave a message here!

cheers, Jeroen

Josh,

Despite our previous correspondence on the subject, I'm not after a refund.. but since it was 'nearly done' a few months ago, any chance of an update on my Pred repaint?

Josh,

I bought the Jason remake and the Jason 8 off of (Horrorbid) and sent you the Jason 4 for a Roy Jason.

I'll also wait it out, take as long as you need.

Thanks Jen, I really appreciate that. But hopefully, if I sell my Proton pack... I could buy a corded one for myself. I'd hate to ask for anything else from you or anyone.

And Kevin, eczamurai...not a problem at all. Can and will do guys. :duff

Karatka, pics incoming... I'll post them here. It's very close.

And Ratboy, thank you bro. They are very close as well. Most of what is holding me on the Jasons are the masks, dremeling, and weapons.

Thanks Jen, I really appreciate that. But hopefully, if I sell my Proton pack... I could buy a corded one for myself. I'd hate to ask for anything else from you or anyone.

And Kevin, eczamurai...not a problem at all. Can and will do guys. :duff

Karatka, pics incoming... I'll post them here. It's very close.

And Ratboy, thank you bro. They are very close as well. Most of what is holding me on the Jasons are the masks, dremeling, and weapons.

Josh, I just sent you a PM. :D Merry Christmas, my friend. :duff

F.Y.I, MAGGOTS, Josh has my personal seal of approval. My word is God.

That is all.

Oh, and yes I do have work pending with Josh before anyone decides to run their mouth about me posting here.

Last edited:

I deleted the derailed material in question, back to Josh and his work, period.

Don't think your misuse of moderation won't be reported to Dave MF. Others saw it. It did happen.

I wanna say that I was the first to post in this thread back in 2006 and encourage Josh.So I still have the right to post here.I am the Great Worm after all.

So be it, if he feels it's misuse I'll deal with it, he'll also see you playing self appointed moderator again and arguing over a matter I've already discussed with him at length.

I wanna say that I was the first to post in this thread back in 2006 and encourage Josh.So I still have the right to post here.I am the Great Worm after all.

Post away Shai, I just removed stuff that lost context with the other material.

So be it, if he feels it's misuse I'll deal with it, he'll also see you playing self appointed moderator again and arguing over a matter I've already discussed with him at length.

Really? I wasn't playing self-appointed moderator, merely reinforcing Pix's post that Prog has no place or business being in this thread. I wasn't the one deleting someone's posts who had a relevant point based on an incorrect assumption made by a moderator. I also wasn't the one deleting my own posts in an effort to pretend like nothing happened. That's misusing your privileges. At that point, you should've had Jen or another moderator handle it. Again, other people saw it. It did happen. At any rate, I reported it to Dave so whatever happens, happens.

I watched the whole thing, and found it all to be highly entertaining.

I think you are both taking it too seriously :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back