DarkangelDTB AKA Deano's Cutoms 1/6th head sculpts and clothing.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkAngelDTB

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi there everyone. I have been a lurker on here for quite a while and been awaiting activation so I can post. Jsut wanted to say hello and show a few of my customs and original figure head sculpts.

I have only been doing 1/6th stuff for a short while but after doing a 1/6th Johnny Depp I got into the swing of things. Here's my Johnny Depp. This head sculpt is by Ada Chan who is an original head sculpter on ebay. anyway I go tthis and redid his hair and my Mum who is a retired profesional seamstress made his outfit.
11th01yv3.jpg

11th05zk8.jpg

11th06wk0.jpg

From here I was asked to make a 7th doctor so I did a headsculpt built on top of an existing head. then did a cast and got my mother sewing like a mad woman and this is what we came up with.
slyheadfinishedvi2.jpg

slyheadfinishedvi2.jpg

doc702cy0.jpg

I then decided it would be a great Idea to make EVERY doctor from the shows history so next moved on to my definitive doctor Tom Baker. Here he is all finished and painted up.
tomheadfinishedtk3.jpg

After doing this I got asked if I could make Captain Jack Harkness from torchwood so I gave it a shot and here is what I came up with.
jackcastzn5.jpg

jackredodu3.jpg

And so far thats it. I am almost finished doing Patrick troughtons 2nd doctor and will be starting jon Pertwees 3rd and Paul McGanns 8th Doctors this weekend along with some non Who originals.

I have decided to have a go at a few lost characters too. I am going to attempt charlie and John Locke first. So wish me luck :D

Anyway. I plan on updating here regularly with new head sculpts I do and am more than willing to hear your suggestions as who you all might like to see next.

I dont want to step on anyones toes that has already done certain characters as I know the likes of Darren who has done some AMAZING head sculpts and was one of the main reasons I decided yo have a go myself in the first plae, his stuff is astounding. So I hope that I can do ones that havnt been done before. Hence me doing the Lost characters next.

I dont plan on charging for initial sculpts as Its a great fun hobby and I do it for the love of doing them. the only thing I'll charge for is if you want a head I do is the cost of casting and postage and packaging. Though If anyone wants a head painting too I can do that also.

Just email or message me if you want anything.

all the best and thanks for looking.

Dean

I cannot get over the awesomeness of these sculpts. You are truly gifted, and I'm very glad you decided to join our community! :chew

I'm typing up a PM for you regarding head casts right now!

Have you considered doing a "toothy smile" 4th doctor?

Welcome aboard Dean! That Depp is fantastic! You really did a great job there, looks phenomenal. Your Mom is a good seamstress, those clothes really make the figure pop. Cool doctors as well, love the clothing there too. :rock

Glad to see you're finally posting here love. I'm sure they'll love your stuff as much as I do. :D

Cool stuff Dean! Welcome aboard!
Love your work, and that Depp is dynamite!

Hi Les. Great to hear from you. I think your work is amazing and have been watching your work for quite some time. Loved your 9th doctor and Rose.

all the best Dean :D

Welcome aboard Dean! That Depp is fantastic! You really did a great job there, looks phenomenal. Your Mom is a good seamstress, those clothes really make the figure pop. Cool doctors as well, love the clothing there too. :rock

Great to hear from you too Another top custom maker who I have been watching for a long time.

Glad to see you're finally posting here love. I'm sure they'll love your stuff as much as I do. :D

Hi Sue. thanks for getting me on here. Looks like I have found a new home here :D

Got tolove seeing some classsic who bashes, really nice McCoy and a great Depp.

Cheers buddy. thanks for the kind words. Hope to have a few new ones up this weekend.

Dean :D

Nice to see another Depp HS other than 'Ol Jack Sparrow. Nice paintwork on the other sculpts. And props to your mom, definitely nice to have someone who is handy with sewing to help out.

Nice to see another Depp HS other than 'Ol Jack Sparrow. Nice paintwork on the other sculpts. And props to your mom, definitely nice to have someone who is handy with sewing to help out.

Cheers bud. I wanted to make a sort of default Johnny Depp as he is normally. Though the one here was meant to be a regenerated 11th Doctor Who as if he had taken over from David Tennant in the role.

Its definitly a bonus having a handy mom too :D

Hi Guys Just a little update with some of my new stuff.

I finished a 1/6th Pat Troughton 2nd Doctor and Jon Pertwee 3rd DoctorHere they are.

patheadmf8.jpg

doc5headna0.jpg

My Mum has also completed the Peter Cushing Doctor Who costume.

cushingdocoutfitgk6.jpg

Also got another 7th doctor costume done.

doc7clothesul7.jpg

And finally I have started a Rose Billie Piper head so here is a WIP.

roseheadon3.jpg

Any Crits and Ideas are more than welcome.

I will be making the moulds of the Troughton, Pertwee and Rose heads this weekend so if anyone wants a cast of them then PM me.

im really looking forward to putting that dr who peter cushing figure together dean :D the head sculpt is sitting here ready and waiting :D

Question on rose, what is the target body you're intending her to go on?
only asking as you might want to consider giving her less of a neck, soshe can fit the bodies that are avaliable. I'm not sure of what bodies will mathch the sculpted neck is all.

But i would alsop like to add that my knolwedge of female figure bodies is more than somewhat limited. :)

Hiya Lerath666.

Well I am currently making the head so that It fits on the Martha body made by character Options but I am also going to do another version that will fit on a sideshow body. Just so that the option is there for everyone.

I am going to actually use a Product enterprises Emma Peel body as a base as she has a loveley shape and is very womanly. Matches Rose perfectly.

Back