Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• images (96).jpeg
    images (96).jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 23
Received the figure and he looks okay.

The sculpts are better than they look in photos, but have a sickly, almost yellow pallor. They look better in subdued lighting.

The necks are too long, and need a few millimetres cutting off if using with the cheap, stock body. I'm switching him over onto a better quality narrow shoulder type and the head looks as though it pushed down deeper, so the neck became the right length.

Clothes are well made, but the tie was completely messed up. Don't how they managed it but it looks as though they tied two separate knots and left the shorter end on top of the longer one. So that will need retying.

The gun almost looks like a lumpy recast of SuperMad's.

The Voight-Kampff machine looks cheap, but the unicorn, whisky bottle and glass are fine.

Added a very stiff wire inside the belt to allow it to hold the coat into a more natural shape. I think it gives a better flow/weight to it, not done the water treatment yet, but at least I remembered to put his watch on. I've got a (hopefully) closely colour matched tshirt on the way to use to replicate the ridges in the collar a bit more accurately, be doing some more tinkering on the weekend.

P2090139.JPG

Added a very stiff wire inside the belt to allow it to hold the coat into a more natural shape. I think it gives a better flow/weight to it, not done the water treatment yet, but at least I remembered to put his watch on. I've got a (hopefully) closely colour matched tshirt on the way to use to replicate the ridges in the collar a bit more accurately, be doing some more tinkering on the weekend.

View attachment 561405

Looking really good!

I'm having a hard job trying to photograph him because of the strange sculpt finish with its almost translucent quality. He looks so much better on display out of the harsh light.

I retied the tie, and taped the shorter end to the shirt, and the longer end to the shorter.

100_1912.JPG

100_1910.JPG

Deckard and Batty would be fine, for me. Rachel would be a good addition. Any more characters and then I would want them all, as it would look incomplete if I have Pris but not J. F. Sebastian and if Sebastian, then the toy robots, then I would want Gaff as well. Slippery slope...

It’s crazy how much of a difference lighting makes.

I've had sculpts like this before that I've found impossible to photograph properly. They reflect light rather than absorb it like a well painted Hot Toys head.

The only way I could attempt to capture this one was to use the LED standard lamp directed across the room at him, and turn the flash off. But it meant I couldn't get a sharp image.

Deckard and Batty would be fine, for me. Rachel would be a good addition. Any more characters and then I would want them all, as it would look incomplete if I have Pris but not J. F. Sebastian and if Sebastian, then the toy robots, then I would want Gaff as well. Slippery slope...
Don't forget Zhora and Leon!... I am so on that slope. :lol

I can't recall when I last enjoyed a thread on SSF as much as I do this one.
Firstly, it's great that some peeps here go way back to the crazy SSC pre-order nights, when you had to be fast to get your orders in (Lordscum: I also snagged all the exclusives, been a completist for years but the SSC-clone tsunami cured me of that disease...).

Secondly, it's absolutely pleasant to see that so many people are so positive about a figure! Never thought I'd see the day... . Don't get me wrong, I appreciate critique if it's well-founded and comprehensible, I think it is great to hear other ideas and points of view. Alas sometimes people elevate their opinion to a universal benchmark, spoiling it for others. That being said... it's great to read so many positive impressions!

I guess a batch has landed in Europe tonight, cause me too I got an update on my tracking. Fingers crossed the last leg or the way goes fast and smooth.

Mine arrived today, but is missing the belt and holster. I can't see a space in the foam for them. There was nothing under the foam either. :(
Contact the seller ASAP.

Back