Dark Toys 1/6 Rick Deckard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the brother V2, some custom shirt tie shoes from a customizer here eons ago...
Didn't want to get into custom headsculpt route, and the clothes were crappy, Sold it almost a week after.

this one will do just fine.
I envy those who have the skill to touch up the paint.

Actually a question, when a head is flat, does it need a full repaint or just add some.
There's this one but also the onesithkit Henry Cavill sculpt that I wish were not so flat.

When the paint needs a bit of help its definitely subtle amounts of thinned paint applied that can really help bring the sculpt out. I had some great results doing this recently with the SS Jack Burton instead of a full repaint. I'll definitely be painting this one, but it looks like it needs close to a full repaint, aside from maybe the eyes. I'll see if I can document the steps somehow. I've been a professional model figure builder and painter for 30+ years, so lots of experience in this kind of thing.

Last edited:
Also did some custom display to my Deckard some months ago.

By the way, have the invoice pending on Giantoy for this Dark Toys figure, and I'm still on the fence about it to be honest. Bought mostly for the accessories and eventually the sculpt (if it was at least close to Buffy's), but I'm not totally sold yet.
Nice stands - where did you get the Deckard one?

Nice stands - where did you get the Deckard one?
The stand was done by a local seller in Spain. These were the design options he offered me back then:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220126_101738_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220126_101738_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 35
When the paint needs a bit of help its definitely subtle amounts of thinned paint applied that can really help bring the sculpt out. I had some great results doing this recently with the SS Jack Burton instead of a full repaint. I'll definitely be painting this one, but it looks like it needs close to a full repaint, aside from maybe the eyes. I'll see if I can document the steps somehow. I've been a professional model figure builder and painter for 30+ years, so lots of experience in this kind of thing.
Thank you 👍

Base/Stand? Not everyone cup of tea, I'm aware of that, but it's my desire to pose Deckard on a custom Police bike. I bought a 2nd Kaneda's bike last year especially for that purpose. Now, all I need is a customizer I can trust and who lives near me to make it real.
If it doesn't work for a Deckard figure, a 2019 policer could be a nice alternative.

Glad the figure is finally shipping. I was really beginning to think TNS were not coming though with this.

Attachments

• Police Bike Blade Runner.jpg
    Police Bike Blade Runner.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 54
Back