Dark Souls 1 & 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dark Souls

I'm loving Dark Souls so far, but I'm really irritated by the multiplayer system. Bandai Namco completely ruined the experience by being cheap and going P2P instead of paying for servers. As much fun as it is single player, I loved being able to coordinate co-op gameplay with friends in Demon's Souls.

Now I can't even find a single summoning sign from anyone, letalone my friends, and I've played for hours while alive.

One more question on demons souls. I am using a knight. I spent a good bit of an hour getting souls so I could buy the healing miracle. That said I cant use it. Any idea why? :dunno

You have to level your intelligence stat up to...20, I believe? Been a while, so you may have to double check that. INT is required to purchase miracles.

You have to level your intelligence stat up to...20, I believe? Been a while, so you may have to double check that. INT is required to purchase miracles.

:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap

I could have used 5000 soul points to level up. :gah:

Wait, as a knight your intelligence should have started as an 11. You may just need to get your Catalyst (magic wand in essence) to wield the spell. You find a wooden one early, then a silver one.

My deluxe edition guide says intelligence needs to be 10 to do ONE spell, a level 14 to do 2, etc. See if you have a catalyst, equip it, and select the spell. Should then work

Intelligence = spells
Faith = miracles

What took me a while to get: MP is only magic strength

Last edited:

Oh, well there you go. Yeah you need a catalyst.

when I first played, I had to go online to see what I was doing wrong...lol. This game, if I have one complaint, isnt super userfriendly. It assumes you have some knowlege of fantasy RPG. Of course, I had none

LOL

actually to use Miracles like healing you have to have faith not intelligence and in either case 10 Intelligence or Faith gives you 1 magic or Miracle slot, to cast miracles you will need a talisman of the Gods. If you played a temple knight you should have this already.

Also, does anyone think it's a little easy to grind/level up? Since the bonfire will resurrect dead enemies it seems easy to just hack up a bunch, revive them, repeat.

Taurus Demon was way too easy.

Agree with you there. Admittedly I died first time as I didn't see the ladder, but once I did on my second approach, the fight was over within a minute.

At the moment, I'm loving this game. Keep forgetting it not Demon's Souls though and so sometimes get confused about something, then have to remember "Oh yeah, this is Dark Souls, duh!".

What Classes did people end up going for? I decided to try out with a Wanderer since the skills were somewhat decent to start with, and he actually looked cool too.

For those that have played demon souls, I know the blue stone is used so I am summoned to another players world for my help

If I need help, I am under the impression I have to wait for a phantom to place their marker down, and I can then call on them? I have no way to call for help myself in a more direct way? Kinda of a passive system!

Last edited:

I am playing as a Wanderer as well ToastedFred and I have a Warrior game setup as well, probably will try it as a thief down the road a bit.

I'm about SL 37 now and starting to pump up my END, after getting my STR/DEX to 20 and my VIT up to 18 or so, and things are starting to really gel in terms of gear, combat and such. I finally sucked it up and traded in Soul Arrow for Fireball, and my starting Knight is developing into a pretty quick melee fighter with a magical punch if I need it. Starting to prefer light armor over heavy, though occasionally I need to go the tank route to progress.

I've made it through Undead Burg and Parish, The Depths and the Lower Burg, as well as the first part of Darkroot Garden and Basin (just past the Hydra). The warriors up near the Forest Covenant people are kicking the crap out of me though, so it's time to level and get my equipment modified a bit before I head to Blighttown, which I'm not looking forward to.

I love this game, by the way.

I don't think I'm playing right, I'm stuck in the Undead Parish and can't even beat the butterfly boss.

I know you were asking Spliff, but I thought I'd share anyway.

I'm soul level 20, and am currently in Darkroot Garden. Those big tall knights that come to life when you go near them are proper annoying! I'm hoping that I'll be okay with the butterfly boss as well, since my character (named Crixus haha) is a heavy melee fighter and not very good at ranged or magical attacks.

So long as you have enough endurance that you can roll relatively quickly, you'll be ok. Just roll through his magical needle attacks and pretty much everything else, then when he lands on the bridge, wail on him. Should only take 2-3 times. Have a decent shield, too.

I only have the Knight Shield right now, but I figured it out I think. I was leveling up everything but my Resistance lol, so now that my defense is beefed up I'm doing better. I can't find any cool ____, keep hearing about a Drake Sword, but can't find it. I don't wanna have to go through walk-throughs and all that, so I'm gonna tough it out.

I'm SL 21 right now I think. The games not on so I can't say what all exactly everything's at, but I think we're at:
Vitality:16
Endurance:15
Strength:16
Resistance:13
Dexterity 13:
Attunement:10
Intelligence:11
Faith:10

So I'm just grinding right now, rolling through the Parish and Burg a couple of times each till I get to upgrade. Also I was neglecting to repair and reinforce my weapons and equipment too haha, so I'm back on track. Thinking I should be leveling up my Strength, Resistance, Intelligene, and Faith right now so he can pack(and take) more punch.

Back