Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow just barely got back to me about the statue. Its been a week. On the right arm where the gold and red meet theres a bad paint job, a glob of paint or glue in the joint in red and on the sash around her waist it's sloppy painted with red on gold at points. So getting a replacement, they said not a body swap cuz the base and body go together which i think is bull. But at lest getting a replacement. Hoping this one is good. I'm sending out Saturday.

opened my exclusive. small crack/chip to the bird unfortunately. the rest is fine, although getting that sash to fit in was a major pain. they should have given us magnets.

hopefully SS delivers on a new base for me.

Wouldn't doubt they just replace the statue all together. But good luck. Still haven't got my return label yet. They say might take 24 hours to send.

I had to return my Phoenix today because of many issues. Cracked leg, sash was repaired and didn't fit, paint chips, and other issues. For the most part, Sideshow's customer service has been pretty good over the years. I wish their quality control at the factory was half as good as their customer service team. While I have lost confidence in their final product ever looking like the prototypes and always have concerns with the final product arriving safely, their customer service team is top shelf.

Got my dark phoenix prize in today and she's so awesome. I wasn't digging on her exclusive initially from the photos but once I had it in i had the toughest time deciding which sculpt i liked better. I ended up going with the dark phoenix sculpt as it just looked more epic.

I did notice though that on her left leg was a minor paint scuff. I'm not sure if it's worth mentioning or even if I can since it was a prize. Plus it's not like they can give me credit for it, only a replacement which it may not qualify for. Also I'm not sure if it's worth it since everything else on the body is in excellent shape.

I even got her sash in pretty easy. I just wrapped her arm in a piece of plastic to avoid any rubbing and with a little bit of work it popped right in.

Here's the photo of the spot.
20170325_224834.jpg

Well - I held out as long as I could and it looks like the exclusive has finally sold out. I wondered if my order will be #2500.

Oh that's funny cause I just also checked today and probably wasn't gonna order it but when I looked it was sold out. You must've gotten the final one.

Yeah I was on the fence with all the issues that were being reported. I figured since the Thanos panic=waitlisted - I took a chance on the DP.

Final production pics (the numbers on the forehead will not appear) for the Hasbro 2Pack X-Men series. Looks like Marvel is totally down for some X-Men merchandise. Toys R Us exclusive and I personally think Hasbro TOTALLY CRUSHED it on these. Look at that paint on Dark Phoenix... so rich and a deep red with deco and shading.

And the switchout heads, so much detail... on a much smaller scale. Makes me wonder why the Dark Phoenix PF couldnt have been better.

Sideshow you can do better...

be better

gallery-1465995001-oprah-michelle.jpg

18199532_1352011294885236_8864151775261590558_n_zpsrgroezbb.jpg

18193827_1352011238218575_4576610171826042187_n_zpsa1ddi6t3.jpg

This statue has major leaning issues, my first one never sat right in the base and now the replacement is starting to lean. Hopefully SSC will take care of me, i've never had to replace an RMA that i've had for a month or two. I definately don't want another replacement if its just going to lean over time.

Back