Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This statue has major leaning issues, my first one never sat right in the base and now the replacement is starting to lean. Hopefully SSC will take care of me, i've never had to replace an RMA that i've had for a month or two. I definately don't want another replacement if its just going to lean over time.

I thought my Phoenix had leaning issues but it wasn't positioned correctly in the base so she was front on. When I twisted her leg in the base anticlockwise she straightened up and the lean went away.

I thought my Phoenix had leaning issues but it wasn't positioned correctly in the base so she was front on. When I twisted her leg in the base anticlockwise she straightened up and the lean went away.

I can twist her leg so she is upright but it doesn't stay that way, it just turns back to the leaning position on its own. It shouldn't be twisting on its own, but the wieght of the statue pulls it out of position. Has to be a design flaw. When I first put her together it was perfect but over time the hole has loosened up or something so it twists on its own, not secure at all
Before 20170502_175548.jpg

After a few minutes it ends up like this
20170502_175554.jpg

Last edited:
I can twist her leg so she is upright but it doesn't stay that way, it just turns back to the leaning position on its own. It shouldn't be twisting on its own, but the wieght of the statue pulls it out of position. Has to be a design flaw. When I first put her together it was perfect but over time the hole has loosened up or something so it twists on its own, not secure at all
Before View attachment 339513

After a few minutes it ends up like this
View attachment 339514

if it's not structurally compromised and it's just the peg hole, I would get some museum putty and fill in the gap. should keep it upright.

Right on mine did too. I think when I posted it was when I did so 5-17. I have to look but if so that's a pretty big gap.

Opened successfully. Excellent packing on this one. Wasn't sure what'd I get after reading about base problems. Such a fun piece!

Congrats, fellas!

Loved unboxing mine, too, when she first came out.

Yeah, that last pic of yours is awesome. And that collection looks pretty darn impressive. You have a collection thread?

Back