Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks fellows, I'm glad you like it!

I know and it looks like he has every single SS release, except for white queen emma frost..That's an awesome x-men display.
I may get Emma someday to go with the villains set I'm putting together. For now I have SS Apoc and Dark Phoenix, in the next few months custom pieces of Mr Sinister and Magneto will join the crew... the villains are slowly getting together. And XM Cable will make the heroes team grow too.

Love me some mutants!!!!

Thanks fellows, I'm glad you like it!

I may get Emma someday to go with the villains set I'm putting together. For now I have SS Apoc and Dark Phoenix, in the next few months custom pieces of Mr Sinister and Magneto will join the crew... the villains are slowly getting together. And XM Cable will make the heroes team grow too.

Love me some mutants!!!!

Do get the Emma Frost. She's tall compared to the other ladies and so nicely done. I like to watch Fast 5 so many times just to hear Vin Diesel say, "this is Brazil." Epic. LOL.

Just got my replacement Phoenix today and I'm very impressed :) My original statue arrived with a broken base, but Sideshow sent me a replacement base (although judging from the strong glue smell from the box, I wouldn't be surprised if they just mended it :wink1:). Anyway, it's nice to have her finally on the shelf, which she'll share with my Batgirl until I reorganize everything again.

BTW - did anyone else find her leg difficult to push into the peg in the base? Definitely not for the faint of heart...

Anyways... a few photos from my phone's camera:

IMG_20170221_171951027.jpg

IMG_20170221_172102670.jpg

She's beautiful and I didn't have any difficulty putting the pin and peg in. Peg went in all the way and I don't see any slight leaning on mine. It looks straight and level to me. This is a fantastic statue and SS did a great job sculpting the face.

Hey guys,

Got my Dark Phoenix in today and wanted to get a second opinion on the following images:

It's a slight discoloration and I'm worried that it'll worsen over time. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance!

Great looking Wolverine you have there as well. I'm on vacation right now at Universal Studios and finally saw the DP pf in person. Great looking piece but they are asking over $800 dollars here! The prices on the sideshow statues here are unbelievable but I guess people that don't know about these must be paying up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got this beauty in yesterday and who doesn't love a red head? Videos and pics don't do this statue justice. You need to see it in person.
36d79edd5d70ce91be3b00832dff6f69.jpg
d464aafb9a62c71416d606f011e3ed92.jpg
14c4e954fb3269ba479411d1c92a2660.jpg
fa28c6fd5a89a82210e60590ae7269ce.jpg
c1d82019f6b39578fc9bdd93dfa0c5b3.jpg

Had massive issues with mine, crotch crack, leg wouldn't fit into the base, sash wouldn't fit, paint was sloppy mainly on the chest crest plus other places, glue visible on the hair on the ex head, hair miss aligned on the reg head.
Needless to say I'm completely put off owning this piece.
Anyone else suffer with this many defects?
To boot SS took over a week to respond to my return request.

Re: Spiderfan

Not the greatest of pictures I know. But the faults are there. I'd expect some dubious paint (I have Galactus maq). But all of them together?

Oh yes, you need an entire replacement body and head/s. I got mine some weeks ago and it was an all clean paint job and no fit issues. But, you do need to fuss a little bit to get that leg peg all the way in.

I'm the same. I want one but I just don't want to deal with it when it comes. Open it up excited and then just look at it pause and say ". . . . Nope". Then box it back up and go through that return process.

I'm the same. I want one but I just don't want to deal with it when it comes. Open it up excited and then just look at it pause and say ". . . . Nope". Then box it back up and go through that return process.

Went through that with Brown Wolverine. Totally sucked. I still have this flexed though...

These are incredibly nice statues. I think it's worth the risk to get them cause you can get all your money back plus the shipping and a return ups label if they turn out to be lemons. But SS will first try to send you parts if they're available to get it right for you. The chance you might get 1 with so many defects is very low imo.

Attachments

• 20170210_171512.jpg
    20170210_171512.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 166
Had massive issues with mine, crotch crack, leg wouldn't fit into the base, sash wouldn't fit, paint was sloppy mainly on the chest crest plus other places, glue visible on the hair on the ex head, hair miss aligned on the reg head.
Needless to say I'm completely put off owning this piece.
Anyone else suffer with this many defects?
To boot SS took over a week to respond to my return request.

Same thing happened to me and they did not want to admit the crotch crack trying to say that was normal.

Sash wont fit as well.

First time i have had to break a statue for them to send a replacement which is scheduled to arrive monday. Wasnt a good feeling to intentionally destroy a stat.

Back