Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes its said in that there were originally 18 Skeksis, some are always at the palace while others attend to affairs elsewhere across Thraa. By the time of the movie which I believe is set 50 years after the series several of these have died and therefore all remaining Skeksis exist within the palace walls.

Agreed that the Garthim Master will have to be introduced later, but he is also known as the General via the end credits...
So if they do decide to continue on the series (which I hope they do), it is somewhat disconcerting to me how much of a dark and gloomy road it will have to be. I wonder if they will have the gumption to go through with it and how they will portray it.

On a side note, I have a question for the devoted. Jen is obviously from the Stone and Wood clan. From which clan do you think Kira comes from?

I think in the end Kira will be Deet's daughter (or granddaughter) not just because they look similar but because Kira was raised by the Podlings and Deet already has a close association with them due to her relationship with Hup so its possible she was already amongst them when the Garthim raided and hid her amongst them.
On a side note that desert clan is pretty cool and as wildly annoying as the Heretic was I liked the concept of those random two wishing to be rejoined.

I think in the end Kira will be Deet's daughter (or granddaughter) not just because they look similar but because Kira was raised by the Podlings and Deet already has a close association with them due to her relationship with Hup so its possible she was already amongst them when the Garthim raided and hid her amongst them.

Perhaps... also Kira can speak to the animals like Deet can.

On a side note that desert clan is pretty cool and as wildly annoying as the Heretic was I liked the concept of those random two wishing to be rejoined.
Agreed. Although I didn't find him too annoying considering he has been in isolation with his counterpart for centuries...

Wikipedia lists the names of 18 confirmed canon Skeksi, some only seen on Netflix and the canon novels. skek-Ung who wasn't in the prequel series becomes the Garthim Master and 2nd General and is said to be the strongest of the Skeksi after the original Emperor. The Chamberlain for all his scheming is most of the time the heir to the throne, but seems to constantly clash with the Generals of both the movie and TV series, lol.. and ultimately lost the battle for the throne when the decaying Emperor died. The Ritual Master politically speaking seems to be fairly high in the pecking order as well.

And, the Heretic was a goofy highlight for me, lol … For all the darkness any follow up material has to have, with the Garthim War and genocide, they need to explore the Mystics a bit more. With the exception of The Archer, they've all been pretty forgettable.

I think my problem with the Heretic is that I knew it was Andy Samberg beforehand. Funny thing is I don’t even find Samberg all that annoying, I just don’t want him in my Dark Crystal.

Saw the original really enjoyed it what a fascinating world. That movie would have been ground breaking for it's time. Started watching the series.

And they need to explore the Mystics a bit more.

Yes they do...

I loved the puppets using puppetry to tell the backstory to other puppets.

Me too!

I think my problem with the Heretic is that I knew it was Andy Samberg beforehand. Funny thing is I don?t even find Samberg all that annoying, I just don?t want him in my Dark Crystal.

Ha! I felt the same way about MH. Now I'm the heretic...

Saw the original really enjoyed it what a fascinating world. That movie would have been ground breaking for it's time. Started watching the series.

Cool! Im considering watching the series again...

Deet and Hup are gonna hookup :lecture

Jeez this was a very intense puppet show. That bird thing literally beat that poor thing with the sewn mouth to death with a crank. Damn

Yes, pretty dark and brutal in some places...I read a review from some knucklehead elsewhere on the internet who said it was a kids show...

To be fair though, it was a little chilling back in 1982 as a 6 year old watching that same Skeksis fall to his fiery death after being attacked by animals and watching Jen get fatally stabbed. Labyrinth by comparison was much more light hearted a few years later.

This was a great show. I do hope they produce a second season, they certainly left it open ended for another one.

Simon Pegg did such a great job voicing Chamberlain.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back