Daredevil by Marvel Studios 12" modification help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parallax1987

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just bought this figure and the fabric on it is just awful. Way too bulky and it really bring it down. Looking to find a way to trim it up but have never done anything like it before. There are a lot of talented people on here and I was hoping to get some input. This is what the figure looks like now. I saw a pic from a user named Elvis that did a really great job of trimming it and making it look good, but if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great cause Im kind of at a loss.

photo231.jpg

Last edited:
I think some lighter fluid and a match will take care of that nicely.

;)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I remember when this figure came out. It was the highest quality 12 inch comic character figure of its time. Eventually, I modded the crap out of it and then sold it cause it still paled in comparison to what was out at that point (4-5 years ago).

First thing I did was swap the body out (I think I used a sideshow body, and bulked it up with masking tape). Second, I repainted the flesh tone on the head. Lastly, I sewed up the sleeves in the back to make them tighter (I didn't do a very good job though). Sorry I have no pics. :slap

I waited a long time hoping Hot Toys would make one (just like Tom Jane Punisher), but then the Netflix series came along and I stopped caring about those versions all together. Now Hot Toys is doing Netflix Daredevil and Punisher and it is a freaking dream come true. Definitely my most anticipated figures right now. I hope we get to see prototypes at SDCC! Sorry, I got a little off topic...

Thanks so much for the help and advice! That actually helps out a lot. I'm thinking going on to eBay and buying a bulkier body. I just don't want it to be too buff cause affleck wasn't that big at all. Did you have any issues transferring the hands boots and head? And for the bulky fabric did you just push it together and then sow it up in the back? And what kind of paint did you use on his helmet/face? I don't have an airbrush unfortunately. Thank so much for your time and advice.

Sure thing. I don't remember having any problems transferring the parts, but it depends on what body you use. I sewed up the back of each sleeve bunching the exess fabric inside, which looked good from the front and terrible from the back. Maybe ask for help from someone with sewing experience for that. I just used acrylic paints for the face. My custom was faaar from a masterpiece, but it made me happy for a while.

I wonder if I made cuts in the suit and then overlapped it and then sowed it. What kind of paint did you use to make the red shiny? And did you sell your figure?

Hey, I was in your shoes a couple years back when I first entered this hobby. This was one of my first customs if not thee first.

Can't remember exactly what I did and he's now long gone. But I do remember doing some major retailoring. Be careful tho because the fake leather peels off very easy which was the biggest problem. But yea, cutting up the sleeves and sewing back tighter is what I did. Think I did the same for the torso section.

Here's a pic of mine, not the greatest but was satisfied at the time atleast for awhile, till I sold it off.
ef8e70e69f401956d0258dabcd047a9c.jpg
fe487b3e54c1ce4d7e6c29a1bdfbf188.jpg
c92fce735bef2013b75d450d06b59dca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, I was in your shoes a couple years back when I first entered this hobby. This was one of my first customs if not thee first.

Can't remember exactly what I did and he's now long gone. But I do remember doing some major retailoring. Be careful tho because the fake leather peels off very easy which was the biggest problem. But yea, cutting up the sleeves and sewing back tighter is what I did. Think I did the same for the torso section.

Here's a pic of mine, not the greatest but was satisfied at the time atleast for awhile, till I sold it off.
ef8e70e69f401956d0258dabcd047a9c.jpg
fe487b3e54c1ce4d7e6c29a1bdfbf188.jpg
c92fce735bef2013b75d450d06b59dca.jpg

DUDE THAT LOOKS PERFECT! So you just cut the backs of the sleeves and the torso and then sewed it back together? That's the only thing that I can think to do to. how did you get the belt to go lower? Thanks for sharing those pics that's exactly what I'm going for

Daredevil by Marvel Studios 12" modification help

DUDE THAT LOOKS PERFECT! So you just cut the backs of the sleeves and the torso and then sewed it back together? That's the only thing that I can think to do to. how did you get the belt to go lower? Thanks for sharing those pics that's exactly what I'm going for

Appreciate man! But yea, I removed the stitching and then cut out a strip of fabric. Can't remember exactly but I might've cut at a diagonal so it would taper down the sleeve to give some shape. I also cut out all the excess stuff inside since the tight fit would emphasize any ugly bumps. I used a knockoff narrow shoulder body with slight padding to muscular areas.

As for the belt, I sort of remember extending it some how but pretty sure I didn't do a pretty job since it would be in the back anyway. Then I pretty much repainted everything except the mouth part since I had no experience with skin tones let alone the 5 o'clock shadow he has back then.

Oh yeah, for the hands I put a bit of epoxy sculpt on the ends of the pegs that came with the new body to better fit the larger holes in the hands. All in all, not a super clean or pretty job, but I liked to think of him as slightly battle damaged and maybe earlier in his career before he mastered sewing...

Man, that Affleck sculpt still holds up today. Sure, it doesn't have the detail that HT has but the likeness is great. I've always thought that about the ML version too.

Seeing the way some of these guys customize them it's like a hot toys to me. They do a great job. And to help less experienced guys like myself is awesome. You guys have been very helpful and love seeing the photos. Trying to find best way to trim the suit and maybe repainted the head, gloves, and boots without an airbrush

That might work and would probably better scale the oversized head. But you would lose articulation and I don't think affleck was that big. Not even sure if the suit would fit over it. And as for the airbrush, I've never used one. Just did a mixture of washes and dry brushes for this one.

Back