Statue DAMTOYS CLASSIC SERIES: 1/4th scale Terminator 2: Judgment Day T-800(NO.CS001)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DAMTOYS CLASSIC SERIES: 1/4th scale Terminator 2: Judgment Day T-800(NO.CS001)

I posted these on Facebook, off my phone in my cinema room display to give a different perspective. Will post some SLR pics in daylight tomorrow.

20190518_230155.jpg
20190518_230232.jpg
20190518_230214.jpg
20190518_190911.jpg

Re: DAMTOYS CLASSIC SERIES: 1/4th scale Terminator 2: Judgment Day T-800(NO.CS001)

He looks perfect in that lighting, I'm so glad that I decited to get him :yess:

Love the shot with the T1. That's how I will display as well. Thanks for letting me drool over your set up while I wait!

He looks perfect in that lighting, I'm so glad that I decited to get him :yess:

Yeah he really does look good under spot lights, glad I have it as well. You'll be very happy.

Love the shot with the T1. That's how I will display as well. Thanks for letting me drool over your set up while I wait!

Haha no problem man. I normally have the Endoskeleton Maquette in that spot, but put this there to take some pics under spot lights. They make a great pair for sure.

The headsculpt looks very good, i think i know what is the thing that doesn't match, its his hair color, it supposed to be brown instead of dark black. He has black hair maybe the first half of the movie, but in this scene he had brown hair. Maybe the haircut can be a bit better.

Yeah the hair is slightly off but I still love the sculpt overall.

Also, not sure if I mentioned it earlier, but the outfit is real leather and it has some subtle weathering around the edges and stuff. It's really nicely done. Even the boots are real leather. All the weapons are plastic.

I don't think he ever had black hair, always brown - appearing dark brown in some lighting and light brown during the desert scenes

During the motorcycle chase scene he had much darker hair, maybe it was lighting, as i said, headsculpt looks great, because of that its a bit sad they got it wrong. Anyways, cant wait to get mine, its was a long wait.

It is lighting-dependent. But I know one thing, if I was painting these (I can't paint) I'd never make his hair black, instead aiming somewhere between dark and light brown. His hair is most definitely not black. Black hair would not look as fair as it does in the desert scenes.

Yeah, he was almost ginger in desert scenes.

It is lighting-dependent. But I know one thing, if I was painting these (I can't paint) I'd never make his hair black, instead aiming somewhere between dark and light brown. His hair is most definitely not black. Black hair would not look as fair as it does in the desert scenes.

his hair isn't actually black on the statue, it just appears that way in the photos. It's actually dark brown. Could be a touch lighter, but doesn't bother me personally. Other opinions may vary though.

Yeah, he was almost ginger in desert scenes.

Yep

his hair isn't actually black on the statue, it just appears that way in the photos. It's actually dark brown. Could be a touch lighter, but doesn't bother me personally. Other opinions may vary though.

I actually wasn't even thinking of the statue, just chiming in on the topic of Arnie's hair colour in T2.

Your display looks incredible by the way. Love the framed posters and the general colour theme you've got there.

Yep

I actually wasn't even thinking of the statue, just chiming in on the topic of Arnie's hair colour in T2.

Your display looks incredible by the way. Love the framed posters and the general colour theme you've got there.

Thanks so much for the kind words mate, I do love my display and spent a lot of time setting it up. I'd post a full shot but don't want to go off topic lol.

Some better quality pics of the headsculpt. It was late in the afternoon and I didn't have much natural light to work with, so there is some grain in the shots, so I'm going to try again tomorrow, but for now this should give you a better idea of how this head sculpt looks.

cGkNFXH.jpg

dKkKbXm.jpg

jPvL4Fb.jpg

SZ0qrX8.jpg

YVMnShJ.jpg

yep, that's Arnie.
Based on photos only, this seems to top the DX13 and the Enterbay. Of course that's my opinion.

Would like to hear others opinions/ranking of this, the DX13 and the Enterbays versions and reasons why they place them in that order. (I'm looking at you P: and a-dev):lecture

Terrific shots xpl0sive.

yep, that's Arnie.
Based on photos only, this seems to top the DX13 and the Enterbay. Of course that's my opinion.

Would like to hear others opinions/ranking of this, the DX13 and the Enterbays versions and reasons why they place them in that order. (I'm looking at you P: and a-dev):lecture

I think it gives DX13 competition because what I really don't like about DX13's sculpt (thinking of the semi-BD one) is how wide the face is and the softly sculpted hair with the overly rounded silhouette - 2 aspects which are possibly improved upon here. I might still give the BD Enterbay the win over this but the clean Enterbay loses for its boyish jaw, drugged eyes and terrible hair. I also think that sculpt has too much distance between the eyes and the ears in the sideview.

So of the particular efforts we've mentioned here I'll rank them like this

1) BD Enterbay
2) DAMTOYS
3) DX13
4) Clean Enterbay

I agree 100% a-dev. Thanks, all your points are objective and valid.
So if you split clean vs BD, Dam toys is reigning clean champ and Enterbay is reigning BD.

I still am fond of sweet boyish DX10, he seems so nice and polite.

I'm sure I've got some of your pics saved somewhere - you have your DX10 next to a cool 1/6 metal fence right? And your DX13 is in a steel-mill esque setting with railings and chains?

I'm sure I've got some of your pics saved somewhere - you have your DX10 next to a cool 1/6 metal fence right? And your DX13 is in a steel-mill esque setting with railings and chains?

Yes sir. Although I have moved and a lot is boxed up at the moment. Its coming along nicely though...
(onesixkit headsculpt on the DX10 at the moment)
And incomplete Harley non Fat Boy.

small thread derail...
20190520_141519-01.jpg20190520_141539-01.jpg

Back