Statue DAMTOYS CLASSIC SERIES: 1/4th scale Terminator 2: Judgment Day T-800(NO.CS001)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DAMTOYS CLASSIC SERIES: 1/4th scale Terminator 2: Judgment Day T-800(NO.CS001)

20190805_170901.jpg

Re: DAMTOYS CLASSIC SERIES: 1/4th scale Terminator 2: Judgment Day T-800(NO.CS001)

20190805_170512.jpg

Congrats Brian. You happy with it?

I really like it. I would consider it a success.
Here are a few key things...

1. Likeness is really good. My posted cell phone pics were taken 3 inches from his face. it really shows the incredible skin detail, but it warps the likeness when shot that close. so it looks off in my pics.

2. the hands are a bit small. How do I know? I have a set of the same hands from Enterbay. The same you ask? yes, the same. Damtoys has recast these hands from enterbay. They changed a bit of detail on the backs of the hands so nobody would notice, but when held side by side, every wrinkle and detail is the same, only the recast situation resulted in a slightly smaller hand for the damtoys.
so everyone was right about the small hands. it's not super noticeable, but it itls true. I will be modifying my enterbay hands to use on this.

3. I think Damtoys bought an enterbay figure and reverse engineered it. Clothing patterns etc...not a bad thing, why reinvent the wheel, right.
The ammo bag is super nice on the damtoys. it is accurate right down to the zipper pulls. The enterbay was way off.

3.Very good quality. Leather clothing. entire torso is sculpted to the point where you can see his nipples through the shirt.
the leather boots are a nice touch and the soles are rubber with accurate tread on the bottom. This is the first statue I have seen that stands on it's own with no base.

4. I repainted the T800 logo. the gold wasn't doing it for me the logo pops right off with a butter knife (maybe any kind of knife actually, but I used a butter version)
I also removed alot of weathering from the base with a microfiber and rubbing alcohol.
it fits the collection better with the base modifications.
20190807_092551-01.jpg

Here is an enterbay hand next to the Damtoys. they reworked the part of the hand that shows, but the palms and cuffs really show the enterbay DNA. Look at the wrinkles in the cuff and you can see..
20190807_095552-01.jpeg

He displays nicely with Robo. I think removing some of the weathering on the base was a good idea. (for my needs and the items I am displaying with it)
View attachment 463915
View attachment 463916

Man I hated the gold logo, had no idea it comes off that easily. Any risk of breaking it? Looks way better in the charcoal colour, I wanna do that to mine.

Side note, the gun is also a copy of Enterbay's I think, as the sticker on it actually says Enterbay lol.

Also what did you paint the name plate with? I'm thinking of spray painting mine with chrome paint and add some weathering to it to blend it with the base.

Also what did you paint the name plate with? I'm thinking of spray painting mine with chrome paint and add some weathering to it to blend it with the base.

Lol on the gun label. I hadn't noticed it.

My logo popped off fairly easy from one side. I was able to pry it up enough to where I could get the knife behind it and pop it out. A hair dryer may help if it's stuck. They used superglue. I had planned on replacing it with a custom metal plaque so I wasn't afraid to break it.

I just sprayed it with flat black and then dry brushed it with gunmetal grey paint, the cheap acrylic craft store kind. I should probably seal it with some clear.
The whole project took all of 15 minutes. Flat black dries fast.

Lol on the gun label. I hadn't noticed it.

My logo popped off fairly easy from one side. I was able to pry it up enough to where I could get the knife behind it and pop it out. A hair dryer may help if it's stuck. They used superglue. I had planned on replacing it with a custom metal plaque so I wasn't afraid to break it.

I just sprayed it with flat black and then dry brushed it with gunmetal grey paint, the cheap acrylic craft store kind. I should probably seal it with some clear.
The whole project took all of 15 minutes. Flat black dries fast.

Thanks for that. Not a bad idea on the custom plaque. I did originally want to do this, but I have these custom standalone plaques for all my statues, including this, so probably not much point replacing the one on the statue. I may consider it though just because the original plaque looks tacky lol.

Got a custom plaque made for my Damtoys T2 statue. Much better than the standard gold one :)

20190925_230454.jpg
20190925_230510.jpg
20190925_230525.jpg
20190925_231008.jpg

Looks great!
I can't believe how little love this statue gets.
It's so good. Beats all the figures except maybe the BD Enterbay, but even that has clothing that is rotting away into dust like a Thanos snap.
This has all leather clothing, no chance of that.

I bet alot of folks are sad they missed this one. It's still up on Ebay...but almost double the orginal price.

If only they had the T1 license...

If only they had the T1 license...

I love my SS T1 but it it starting to look dated. I will jump on the first new T1 statue to come out. (assuming its good)
I really like the PVC heads on human sculpts.

Looks great!
It's so good. Beats all the figures except maybe the BD Enterbay, but even that has clothing that is rotting away into dust like a Thanos snap.

I bet alot of folks are sad they missed this one. It's still up on Ebay...but almost double the orginal price.

Thanks man!

I think the lack of love is simply due to the lack of availability for this piece. If it was readily available on sideshow more people would own it. I also think it's one of those pieces that doesn't really photograph the best, but in person looks amazing.

It's still hands down the best Arnie T2 figure/statue to me, even beating the BD Enterbay due to the quality of that one being rubbish (lol @ Thanos snap). Even before the rotting clothes. I had one of those figures...the quality of the body was terrible.

Even at the current eBay price I'd still buy it, being a fan of the movie. The only thing that could top this for me is if these guys do a BD version. It'll be interesting to see what Queen Studios do with theirs, although they did say they were thinking of making it all polystone which I'm not a fan of.

Looks great!

I think most folks aren't even aware this existed let alone are sad that they missed out on it. :lol

It not being available in the US is a shame because I'm sure they would've sold twice the amount.

I think most folks aren't even aware this existed let alone are sad that they missed out on it. :lol

It not being available in the US is a shame because I'm sure they would've sold twice the amount.

True. I got mine shipped here to the US from Collectibles Direct UK.

With shipping it was a steal compared to current prices.
I am looking at it right now and love it.

Looks great!

I still prefer my Enterbay clean version over this If I'm honest

I still prefer my Enterbay clean version over this If I'm honest

There is definitely something special about both the Enterbay releases.

Back