DAMTOYS:1/6 Gang's Kingdom - Diamond 3 (GK006#)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pre-ordered this from BBTS. It may be a stylized headsculpt but damn if it doesn't look just like Trejo. I also rather like stylized sculpts--I really like a lot of what Mezco did with their monster figures for example--and even though I'm not sure where exactly I'll put this figure, it's still too good to pass up. Which one is Vinnie Jones by the way? I'm having a had time finding him. And does anyone know how many figures have been released in this Gangsters line so far, and which actors they're supposed to be? I think one of them looks like Jasson Statham, and another looks like Michael Madsen.

If the Hearts series is going to be females as some people have speculated, I'm hoping we get Michelle Rodriguez. They don't come any tougher than her and I'd love her look from Machete.

They've released 4 figures so far

Spade J is Jason Statham
Spade 2 is Vinnie Jones
Spade 3 is Wayne Rooney
Spade 4 is Colin Farrell

Diamond 2 is Scott Adkins and he should be releasing in the next 4-6 weeks.

Thanks for that list, it's really helpful. I'm assuming these are unlicensed figures, but I wonder if there are certain characters DAM won't pursue because other companies (like Hot Toys) have the licenses? Like a Samuel L Jackson from Pulp Fiction seems like a no-brainer to me, for instance, but maybe Hot Toys has all the Jackson likeness rights. (And then there's Stallone, Dolph Lundgren, etc.)

Of the list you posted I don't really need any of them, though Vinnie Jones is tempting. I'm trying to figure out how Colin Farrell entered DAM's plans though...to me he comes across as rather effete...

Wow, that Vinnie Jones figure sure seems popular. The others are all about $125 - $150, but Vinnie is running close to $500...

Wow, that Vinnie Jones figure sure seems popular. The others are all about $125 - $150, but Vinnie is running close to $500...

Spade J was the first and super popular, I haven't even seen any for sale. With Spade 2, sellers are just fishing for high prices, he sold out about 6-8 months ago, and wasn't really that popular. It's just people knowing that Spade J was super popular so they're trying to sell 2 at a comparable price.

As far as Colin Farrel, I think he kinda fits. He was a hitman in In Bruges, plus he's a European action star, so in general, he fits in. Wayne Rooney wasn't very well received, but the figure is bad-ass so he makes up for it. But I will admit, Spade 4 is my least favorite of the series thus far. The Diamond gang is really kicking it up a notch though, both of them look great.

Damn it I want Michelle Rodriguez!

And if I can find a Vinnie for non-scalper prices I'll put hum next to Trejo--but unlike other people who bought him, my source material on him is Gone in 60 Seconds and Eurotrip. He made a damn fine soccer hooligan in Eurotrip.

140334pikuii8myzajzimx.jpg

John Goodman in Death Sentence (with Kevin Bacon), but I'll take a Lewbowski "The Dude" too then ;)

So I had a theory, which I thereafter found out isn't completely right..

But at first I thought: all the Spades are British, all the Diamonds are Americans (but Atkins; Diamond 2 is British) and if Goodman is King of Spades, then that theory went out the window..

Also thought that the Spades were a bit lighter (in the hand pic then) and British sometimes have a bit lighter skintone. But alas that theory wasn't completely sound. Shame though, cause I thought it was kind of cool like that. And really hoping for a Sam Elliot (really cool actor, with a super charismatic face, could be a cool fig) for the "American" Diamonds.
Clive Owen for Spades

But the Hearts will be: well very obvious (see pic below) and that leaves Clover being Asian dudes (slightly different colored hand).
And that would be way cool, for I would like to see a Ving Rhames, Michael Clarke Duncan, Jackson (Samuel, although a bit too easy to take the bad MF-er) or Edris Alba (yes please) with of course more options available.

And then for Clover Bruce Lee (would be really cool, stylized Bruce). And others could be Jet Li (but like Chan, maybe a bit too friendly looking, well Bruce too maybe, but it's Bruce), Rain (from Ninja Assassin), Donnie Yen etc etc.
What with Yakuza being quite the gangsters, those series can be really nice.

And we need some queens, although I wouldn't know which actresses and if it would look good, women stylized. (with men having much harder features to adapt)

210554aj96fxx8i9o8slsh.jpg

^ Would also be cool!
OOoh and I want a Robert Knepper, he'd be perfect for this! Tim Roth maybe, or Robert Carlyle, Clive Owen etc etc, many more to choose from

Nice! Is that a sample piece or is he already out?

EDIT: okay, actually watched the vid; looks like it might be out soon.

Thanks for the video. Looks cool. Shame about the hair gunk though.

thks for the vid Gunplameister :)

wonder when it will be released? monkeydepot says late sept, other sites say oct 31st.

Back