Damn, did the prices go up!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xander said:
I'm iffy on Frankenstein, but the color version of Bela drac. is one I've been wanting to get for a while. Him, the Mummy, and the Creatre.

Speaking of him, what's the articulation like on the Creature from the Black Lagoon?

Crap! I still need The Mummy, but I just can't seem to find one that doesn't approach $200 anymore! Still don't understand why that one is so expensive...

Can't answer the Creature question, as both sets of my color and SSE are still MIB! And before anyone says anything, I had a set of the color and SSE, and then Oluf offered his signed versions, and I got a set of those. I'm still not sure what I will do with the unsigned set.

lcummins said:
Crap! I still need The Mummy, but I just can't seem to find one that doesn't approach $200 anymore! Still don't understand why that one is so expensive...

Can't answer the Creature question, as both sets of my color and SSE are still MIB! And before anyone says anything, I had a set of the color and SSE, and then Oluf offered his signed versions, and I got a set of those. I'm still not sure what I will do with the unsigned set.

Release the unsigned versions from their cardboard prisons!

(Or at least one of them. If you prefer the color to the SSE, or vice versa, just open the one you like best.)

lcummins said:

I think I actually saw some mummy auctions in the $300.00 range.

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
This one.
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_061603a.htm

I just call it that because he's rare, and he has a fancy silk smoking jacket/robe.

I actually did consider the signed Oluf version, but I would feel guilty removing an artist-signed figure from it's packaging. Since the Wolf Man I won was already removed from the packaging, and wasn't signed, I would feel 100% guilt-free about displaying it.

I don't think you would need to feel guilty; the package would still be collectible with the signature and once the figure was put back in, could just be sold as opened and displayed but complete just as the Wolf Man you bought.

Bannister said:
What would you do without me Lonnie? On second thought, don't answer that.:lol

I was about to say... :D

Just go with Ardeth Bey. I don't own the bandaged Mummy anyway, but I do have Ardeth, and it's the logical choice, since that's the disguise Karloff wears for 90 percent of the film.

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
Just go with Ardeth Bey. I don't own the bandaged Mummy anyway, but I do have Ardeth, and it's the logical choice, since that's the disguise Karloff wears for 90 percent of the film.

Oh, I got Ardeth Bey direct from Sideshow a long time ago! Dooley rocks!!! I just don't know how I missed the original Mummy... I guess I thought it wouldn't sell out for a while...

Just checked my 12" creature and the articulation is pretty much like other Sideshow figs. It seems to be a standard body under the rubber suit.

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
Release the unsigned versions from their cardboard prisons!

(Or at least one of them. If you prefer the color to the SSE, or vice versa, just open the one you like best.)

I display my Premium Format figures for the Universal monsters... the 12" versions are all MIB and will probably stay that way for a while. One of these days, when I have more room, I will probably display them. And yes! I know if I did it the other way around I would have more room, but I love the PF figures!!!

lcummins said:
Oh, I got Ardeth Bey direct from Sideshow a long time ago! Dooley rocks!!! I just don't know how I missed the original Mummy... I guess I thought it wouldn't sell out for a while...

Even if the regular Mummy was under 30 bucks, I don't know if would get it. The Ardeth looks great, and I feel it is the definitive representation of Karloff in the role. The regular's bandages look too unrealistic, tight, and restricting.

Ardeth Bey is a great figure, one of my favorites. Mummy is nice too but the bandages are too tight so you can't pose him. I'd loosen them, but this is a pretty pricey item to have to replace if I snafu him.

As for the joints on the Creature, they are kinda loose, especially in the elbows.

lcummins said:
I display my Premium Format figures for the Universal monsters... the 12" versions are all MIB and will probably stay that way for a while. One of these days, when I have more room, I will probably display them. And yes! I know if I did it the other way around I would have more room, but I love the PF figures!!!

Well, you could just generously donate an extra SSE Creature to the "Help Support Dr.Mirakle's Toy Collection" fund. :cool:

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
Even if the regular Mummy was under 30 bucks, I don't know if would get it. The Ardeth looks great, and I feel it is the definitive representation of Karloff in the role. The regular's bandages look too unrealistic, tight, and restricting.

Oh, I agree completely! One of the reasons why I don't have the bandaged Mummy yet! And I have let Sideshow know at every opportunity, that Dooley should sculpt a 1/4 scale Ardeth Bey if they release one! I think that would be appropriate; then Mat, Oluf, Andy, Mike Hill, and Dooley would all have contributed to the PF line!!!

Back