Now This Is The Holy Grail Of Collectibles!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got to hold a copy of Action Comics #1 many years ago. It wasn't in nearly as good condition as that issue, but it was like holding an actual grail.

PGX overgraded it IMO....CGC is a better grading company for comics.

only rated a 9.0. if it were 10.0 i'd be all over it. pass!

PGX overgraded it IMO....CGC is a better grading company for comics.

Exactly! CGC is the only real comics grading company out there and I would hazard a guess that 95% of all comics are graded by them! Secondly, it is restored, which went out of favor with collectors back in the late 80's and early 90's, and that alone would severely affect the value.

I didn't read the whole ad, but that is amazing condition if not restored. But restored it's no where near worth that.

I have a copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 as well as Amazing Spider-man #4 and various other comics (nothing else notable). They all belonged to my father.

I found them long ago when my grandparents told me about some comics they thought they still had left. I was around 12-13 when I found them and instantly knew their significance, I was a comic fan along there too.

I stupidly tried to sell AF#15 to the local comic store to raise money for my first car. They offered me $1000 for it but I felt it was worth more so I turned it down. I am SO HAPPY I didn't sell it now that I look back. It's not in good condition,but if I had to CGC it, I might give it a 4.0-5.0 at the max.

It's one of my Holy Grails...I'll never try selling it again.

The funny thing is my dad had MORE comics, but he was forced to give him to a friend (back when they were kids) and then that friend's mom ended up throwing them all out! He told me he had some other gems like the 1st appearance of Green Lantern (his favorite superhero). :banghead :banghead :banghead

EVERYONE BE SURE TO HOLD ONTO YOUR COMICS NOW! They might be your Holy Grails down the road! :monkey1

Back