Now This Is The Holy Grail Of Collectibles!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First appearance of Superman. I think it's a collector that has every intention of keeping it unless a stupid offer comes along.. this is his stupid offer. If someone accepts it, he will sell. But obviously the guy isn't hurting for cash or else he would have accepted a lower deal in the hundreds of thousands. It's like my parents' neighbour. His house is worth 1,000,000+... he got a crazy deal like 700,000... but every Summer he puts it up for sale. He's the same way, he will only bite if he profits enough, or he'll just keep it. It's an amazing home actually with marble sinks, indoor underground swimming pool... former NHLer Mike Ridley lives there.

I know Nicholas Cage had this comic.. but I heard he sold his collection in an auction, and got around $4,000,000... I wonder...

I have the same question Pix... its only got 2 days left (as a BIN only auction) so my guess is no.

That's about $1000 too rich for my blood or else I'd snag it. Oh well I'll keep looking till the right one comes along. Anyway me and my wives, Jessica Alba and Salma Hayek are going to take a "nap" now. I'll talk to you guys after I'm done preventing prostate cancer, Um I'm mean my "nap" with my wives...Yes, yes, that's right.:lol

darn it, i wish he had two.............one to open and one to keep MIB...............:monkey3

Good God! could that really sell for that much?????????:horror:horror:horror:horror

Its actually sold for around a million for a while. Its an expensive collectible but its one that has plateau'd a while ago. I remember reading in high school about Action Comics #1 going for around a mil. Nick Cage's version only went for higher because it was his version and the CGC actually said "From the personal collection of Nicolas Cage"

I know thats an extremely rare cb, but is really worth over a million?

Eye of the beholder, if you're a Superman fan then there isn't any other grail out there.

So, what part are you playing? I'm Bart! You can be Milhouse...

I worry about where the road leads if a group of online forum participants start buying things and taking turns with them.....:lol

All this being said I'd love to have one if I could swing it but the odds of me ever having a million dollars to plop down on a comic book are pretty slim....

Its actually sold for around a million for a while. Its an expensive collectible but its one that has plateau'd a while ago. I remember reading in high school about Action Comics #1 going for around a mil. Nick Cage's version only went for higher because it was his version and the CGC actually said "From the personal collection of Nicolas Cage"

Eye of the beholder, if you're a Superman fan then there isn't any other grail out there.

I worry about where the road leads if a group of online forum participants start buying things and taking turns with them.....:lol

All this being said I'd love to have one if I could swing it but the odds of me ever having a million dollars to plop down on a comic book are pretty slim....

Pretty slim being... no chance at all. First you need the million+ to plop down. ;)

Back